Carmelo Anthony Praised by Team USA

All of them their know what Melo's capable of, he just doesn't put this type of effort for a full 82 games. If this is the Melo we will be seeing for his tenure with the Knicks than i wouldn't rather anyone else not named LeBron or Durant on this team.

BTW Kobe is starting to show his age, his face is starting to look skeletal.

STAT1

Starter

What Kobe said about him is spot on. The US Team is not asking Melo to be anything other than what he is, a scoring machine a finisher. The reason why Melo struggled under Mike D'Antoni is because he was being asked to be a facilitator out of the Point Forward position. This is NOT his strength & he has never been asked to play that type of role on any other team he's been on. It's no wonder whatsoever why he played much more at ease under Mike Woodson when he took over, because he wasn't being asked to orchestrate nearly as much. Just let the man do his thing, he is 1 of the elite scorers in the NBA. Let other guys orchestrate. Now we have Lin & J Kidd, 1 of the best orchestrators in the history of the game, to handle that burden. I expect Melo to have a monster season for us next year.

What Kobe said about him is spot on. The US Team is not asking Melo to be anything other than what he is, a scoring machine a finisher. The reason why Melo struggled under Mike D'Antoni is because he was being asked to be a facilitator out of the Point Forward position. This is NOT his strength & he has never been asked to play that type of role on any other team he's been on. It's no wonder whatsoever why he played much more at ease under Mike Woodson when he took over, because he wasn't being asked to orchestrate nearly as much. Just let the man do his thing, he is 1 of the elite scorers in the NBA. Let other guys orchestrate. Now we have Lin & J Kidd, 1 of the best orchestrators in the history of the game, to handle that burden. I expect Melo to have a monster season for us next year.

Good post, repped.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
shows the new commitment he's been talking about all offseason. this dude is on a mission and im glad he's a knick i'd do that trade all over again. thankfully hes a knick hahah. Theres a reason he came on at the end of the season, Woodson used him to his strengths. Won player of the week like twice or three times at the end of the season, Won player of the month in April. started to be used correctly and it showed. i expect more of that and he's slimmer now too, which is a plus. Also, his defensive effort was noteworthy he's back.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

shows the new commitment he's been talking about all offseason. this dude is on a mission and im glad he's a knick i'd do that trade all over again. thankfully hes a knick hahah. Theres a reason he came on at the end of the season, Woodson used him to his strengths. Won player of the week like twice or three times at the end of the season, Won player of the month in April. started to be used correctly and it showed. i expect more of that and he's slimmer now too, which is a plus. Also, his defensive effort was noteworthy he's back.

repped.gif

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
nice to see him actually in good shape. we will see come next season. hope he performs like the future HOFamer he is.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You can't NOT praise a guy on the national team, and anyway this is like a fun time for them because they are expected to stomp all over the rest of the world.

It's a big party for Team USA, of course they will be in high spirits.

Conclusion: whatever, man; let's see him bring the house down over the full 82.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
The USA team is as follows:
USA squad: Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers), James Harden (Oklahoma City Thunder), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers), LeBron James (Miami Heat), Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), and Deron Williams (Brooklyn Nets).

The only liability I see is Carmelo.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
The USA team is as follows:
USA squad: Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers), James Harden (Oklahoma City Thunder), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers), LeBron James (Miami Heat), Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), and Deron Williams (Brooklyn Nets).

The only liability I see is Carmelo.

U really see a liability in this group? and of all ppl it's Melo?!? Please please please explain that.

Wargames

Starter
the only liability is Center depth behind Chandler. Kevin love is arguably going to have to play the 5 alongside spot minutes for Blake. Melo and Lebron will also have to play the 4 more. For most of the games that shouldn't be an issue but Spain really does have a nice front court with the Gasol brothers and Ibaka....

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
the only liability is Center depth behind Chandler. Kevin love is arguably going to have to play the 5 alongside spot minutes for Blake. Melo and Lebron will also have to play the 4 more. For most of the games that shouldn't be an issue but Spain really does have a nice front court with the Gasol brothers and Ibaka....

Yes, Spain is the only team I think can give us some trouble because of their front court. I'm not really afraid of Ibaka but players always step up when playing for their country. Other then Chandler I'm not 100% sold on our bigs but they both have the tools needed and will get plenty of help if their being abused by the Gasol brother's.

Something tells me that Westbrook and Blake are going to catch some "Are you ****ing kidding me!" dunks throughout the tournament.

I was lucky enough to watch the team live in China back in 2008 and being that Dwight, Bosh with some small help from Boozer held it down I'm sure Chandler, Love and Blake can do the job.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You can't NOT praise a guy on the national team, and anyway this is like a fun time for them because they are expected to stomp all over the rest of the world.

It's a big party for Team USA, of course they will be in high spirits.

Conclusion: whatever, man; let's see him bring the house down over the full 82.

So says the j Lin fan about the perennial all-star:( WTF???

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
OH GOD CARMELO SUCKS SO BAD
Marc Berman
Kevin Durant during U.S. Olympic Team training camp has gotten a different impression of his new teammate, Carmelo Anthony, who some feel is very headstrong on the court. Durant: "He listens to everybody. He?s very coachable. I can walk up to him and, say, hey you should've done this, you should've passed the ball. You should've shot the ball. I love players like that, especially a high-calibre player like him. He sacrifices for his teammates and is a great leader.??

CA7

Scoring Champ
OH GOD CARMELO SUCKS SO BAD
Marc Berman
Kevin Durant during U.S. Olympic Team training camp has gotten a different impression of his new teammate, Carmelo Anthony, who some feel is very headstrong on the court. Durant: "He listens to nobody. He?s very uncoachable. I can't walk up to him and, say, hey you should've done this, you should've passed the ball. You shouldn't have shot the ball without him getting an attitude and trying to get me cut from the team. I hate players like that, especially a high-calorie eater like him. He sacrifices for no one and will be the reason we come home empty handed.??

fixed........