Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Praised by Team USA

the only liability is Center depth behind Chandler. Kevin love is arguably going to have to play the 5 alongside spot minutes for Blake. Melo and Lebron will also have to play the 4 more. For most of the games that shouldn't be an issue but Spain really does have a nice front court with the Gasol brothers and Ibaka....

Originally Posted by Wargames
    the only liability is Center depth behind Chandler. Kevin love is arguably going to have to play the 5 alongside spot minutes for Blake. Melo and Lebron will also have to play the 4 more. For most of the games that shouldn't be an issue but Spain really does have a nice front court with the Gasol brothers and Ibaka....
    Yes, Spain is the only team I think can give us some trouble because of their front court. I'm not really afraid of Ibaka but players always step up when playing for their country. Other then Chandler I'm not 100% sold on our bigs but they both have the tools needed and will get plenty of help if their being abused by the Gasol brother's.

Something tells me that Westbrook and Blake are going to catch some "Are you ****ing kidding me!" dunks throughout the tournament.

I was lucky enough to watch the team live in China back in 2008 and being that Dwight, Bosh with some small help from Boozer held it down I'm sure Chandler, Love and Blake can do the job.

Veteran

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    You can't NOT praise a guy on the national team, and anyway this is like a fun time for them because they are expected to stomp all over the rest of the world.

It's a big party for Team USA, of course they will be in high spirits.

Conclusion: whatever, man; let's see him bring the house down over the full 82.
    So says the j Lin fan about the perennial all-star WTF???

OH GOD CARMELO SUCKS SO BAD
    Marc Berman
    Kevin Durant during U.S. Olympic Team training camp has gotten a different impression of his new teammate, Carmelo Anthony, who some feel is very headstrong on the court. Durant: "He listens to everybody. Hes very coachable. I can walk up to him and, say, hey you should've done this, you should've passed the ball. You should've shot the ball. I love players like that, especially a high-calibre player like him. He sacrifices for his teammates and is a great leader.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    OH GOD CARMELO SUCKS SO BAD
    Marc Berman
    Kevin Durant during U.S. Olympic Team training camp has gotten a different impression of his new teammate, Carmelo Anthony, who some feel is very headstrong on the court. Durant: "He listens to nobody. Hes very uncoachable. I can't walk up to him and, say, hey you should've done this, you should've passed the ball. You shouldn't have shot the ball without him getting an attitude and trying to get me cut from the team. I hate players like that, especially a high-calorie eater like him. He sacrifices for no one and will be the reason we come home empty handed.
    fixed........

Originally Posted by CA7
    fixed........
    lmao classic

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    lmao classic

really though I hope Durant isn't trying to convince Melo to go to the Thunder in 2014..... I'm just saying.....

Good to hear. Ofcourse I'd much rather see it during the NBA season tho.. I believe in Melo's ability to lead a team to the title tho.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Good to hear. Ofcourse I'd much rather see it during the NBA season tho.. I believe in Melo's ability to lead a team to the title tho.
    I have no doubt he will lead the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Default Melo Vid

^

Is that the Dirk fadeaway I see Melo practicing off one leg?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    ^

Is that the Dirk fadeaway I see Melo practicing off one leg?
    Definitely. The flamingo shot. Good to see that he is working out. In case he masters that shot he can shoot over bigger players, which in turn means he can catch the ball closer to the basket in order to fix the messed up spacing. Maybe the **** storm did the trick for him. Let's just hope he doesn't stop after the Olympics.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I don't believe in Melo guys, sorry. I just don't see him leading us all the way. Just a couple of first round victories, nothing more.

Veteran

Cool Somebody have to mention this ......

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    The USA team is as follows:
    USA squad: Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers), James Harden (Oklahoma City Thunder), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers), LeBron James (Miami Heat), Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), and Deron Williams (Brooklyn Nets).

The only liability I see is Carmelo.
    After a season and a half of Melo in New York, if Knicks fans dont understand
    the type of high quality of player level on the USA team with Melo,
    then leave it alone. No explanation is needed.

small example ....
    Will Melo make screens on the USA team? Hell yeah.
    Will Melo make screens on the Knicks? Hell NO!
    Did Melo make screens on the Denver Nuggets? Hell No!
    Moving without the ball has the same answers as above,
    and thats just mentioning the offensive-end

Veteran

Originally Posted by pat
    Definitely. The flamingo shot. Good to see that he is working out. In case he masters that shot he can shoot over bigger players, which in turn means he can catch the ball closer to the basket in order to fix the messed up spacing. Maybe the **** storm did the trick for him. Let's just hope he doesn't stop after the Olympics.

How about getting teammates involve in scoring too.
    Thats what I want to see a lot from Melo on the USA team.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I don't believe in Melo guys, sorry. I just don't see him leading us all the way. Just a couple of first round victories, nothing more.
    You're not the only one, im still waiting to see how Melo works for this upcoming season to dictate whether or not he is a championship caliber player.