Carmelo Anthony Praised by Team USA

Good to hear. Ofcourse I'd much rather see it during the NBA season tho.. I believe in Melo's ability to lead a team to the title tho.

pat

Starter
Crazy⑧s;240760 said:
^

:lol:

Is that the Dirk fadeaway I see Melo practicing off one leg?

Definitely. The flamingo shot. Good to see that he is working out. In case he masters that shot he can shoot over bigger players, which in turn means he can catch the ball closer to the basket in order to fix the messed up spacing. Maybe the **** storm did the trick for him. Let's just hope he doesn't stop after the Olympics.

metrocard

Legend
I don't believe in Melo guys, sorry. I just don't see him leading us all the way. Just a couple of first round victories, nothing more.

Kiyaman

Legend
Somebody have to mention this ......

The USA team is as follows:
USA squad: Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers), James Harden (Oklahoma City Thunder), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers), LeBron James (Miami Heat), Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), and Deron Williams (Brooklyn Nets).

The only liability I see is Carmelo.

After a season and a half of Melo in New York, if Knicks fans dont understand
the type of high quality of player level on the USA team with Melo,
then leave it alone. No explanation is needed.

small example ....
Will Melo make screens on the USA team? Hell yeah.
Will Melo make screens on the Knicks? Hell NO!
Did Melo make screens on the Denver Nuggets? Hell No!
Moving without the ball has the same answers as above,
and thats just mentioning the offensive-end

Kiyaman

Legend
Definitely. The flamingo shot. Good to see that he is working out. In case he masters that shot he can shoot over bigger players, which in turn means he can catch the ball closer to the basket in order to fix the messed up spacing. Maybe the **** storm did the trick for him. Let's just hope he doesn't stop after the Olympics.

How about getting teammates involve in scoring too.
Thats what I want to see a lot from Melo on the USA team.

I don't believe in Melo guys, sorry. I just don't see him leading us all the way. Just a couple of first round victories, nothing more.

You're not the only one, im still waiting to see how Melo works for this upcoming season to dictate whether or not he is a championship caliber player.

STAT1

Starter
How about getting teammates involve in scoring too.
Thats what I want to see a lot from Melo on the USA team.

That's sorta like asking Steve Nash to be a post up player. Why would you expect Melo to be good at something he's never been accustomed to doing? Why not expect him to play to his strengths & let other guys distribute the ball & get others involved?

If Melo gets thru the Olympics healthy he will be a serious threat next season. Dude is focused right now, plus his friends (Wade, Lebron) has their bling shining all in his face....I just hope Stat gets on board too.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
If someone wrote an article praising melo's work ethic in the off season and accidentally put Lin in the title, I guarantee the naysayers here would turn around and go OMG LIN IS GONNA BE A MONSTER NEXT YEAR!! I JUST NUTTED IN MY PANTS!! MVP! MVP!

The guy is working his ass off in the off season and getting praise from the top players in the NBA and their coach yet I still see negative posts about him. Why?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Well I love Melo and work ethic is great and all but I want more success on court.

But the naysayers are like that teacher you have in your failing class "They just dont like you":thumbsup: