How About Michael Redd

CA7

Scoring Champ
With Miami signing Ray Allen while also having Mike Miller and James Jones

How about we bring him on and use him in a line-up with Lin/Redd/Smith/Novak/Stoudemire

Redd either spotting up and using like Jesus and running him off of screens would be a great addition to our offense opening the floor up for our guys.

He adds something Novak lacks which is a better way to get his shot off

Teams will likely just face guard Novak which means we'll be playing 4 on 5 sometimes. Redd will likely be more mobile than Novak and a better option for 15 minutes a night and increased time during the playoffs

Its said he's fully recovered from his injuries and he ended last year playing great

10.4 ppg and 40% 3 in April

The medical staff said he made huge progress from the beginning of the year and he could be a great role player for us with no moves imminent at the 2 spot its likely we use the vet minimum on a guy and too my surprise JR Smith will likely start as he is focused on improving his defense and ball handling

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I've been mentioning him for some time now as a viable candidate for the Knicks to sign this off-season. His ability to catch and shoot running off of screens will be valuable for our attempt to space the floor better for our offense. A poor man's Ray Allen and a perfect fit for this roster.

One question though, how many spots are left for our roster after acquiring J-Kidd and James "Flight" White? We should definitely find a way to dump TD's contract to make space for more sensible signings.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I've been mentioning him for some time now as a viable candidate for the Knicks to sign this off-season. His ability to catch and shoot running off of screens will be valuable for our attempt to space the floor better for our offense. A poor man's Ray Allen and a perfect fit for this roster.

One question though, how many spots are left for our roster after acquiring J-Kidd and James "Flight" White? We should definitely find a way to dump TD's contract to make space for more sensible signings.

right now 1-15 looks like

1. Carmelo Anthony
2. Tyson Chandler
3. Amar'e Stoudemire
4. Jason Kidd
5. Jeremy Lin
6. Iman Shumpert
7. Josh Harrellson
8. James White
9. Jerome Jordan
10. Dan Gadzuric
11. Toney Douglas
12. This will likely be JR Smith
13. This will likely be Steve Novak
14. This will likely be a vet SG to hold down for Shumpert being out(Maybe Redd)
15. This will likely be Jared Jeffries/Marcus Camby/Kenyon Martin type

if we pull of a sign and trade we'll have more room to work with as far as roster spots so who knows but Carmelo Anthony/Michael Redd/Jeremy Lin can potential look like Paul Pierce/Ray Allen/Rajon Rondo if Lin improves is overall court awareness and Woodson adds some similar sets

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
right now 1-15 looks like

1. Carmelo Anthony
2. Tyson Chandler
3. Amar'e Stoudemire
4. Jason Kidd
5. Jeremy Lin
6. Iman Shumpert
7. Josh Harrellson
8. James White
9. Jerome Jordan
10. Dan Gadzuric
11. Toney Douglas
12. This will likely be JR Smith
13. This will likely be Steve Novak
14. This will likely be a vet SG to hold down for Shumpert being out(Maybe Redd)
15. This will likely be Jared Jeffries/Marcus Camby/Kenyon Martin type

if we pull of a sign and trade we'll have more room to work with as far as roster spots so who knows but Carmelo Anthony/Michael Redd/Jeremy Lin can potential look like Paul Pierce/Ray Allen/Rajon Rondo if Lin improves is overall court awareness and Woodson adds some similar sets

Thanks for clearing that up, my dude. I was afraid there wouldn't be any spot left after Camby. If we get Camby though, I guess its bye-bye Jeffries. :-<

CA7

Scoring Champ
Thanks for clearing that up, my dude. I was afraid there wouldn't be any spot left after Camby. If we get Camby though, I guess its bye-bye Jeffries. :-<

yeah barring we somehow work a sign and trade for Kidd or Camby its like we lose Jeffries who's valuable problem is he cant finish around the rim or hit a jumper

if we could somehow combine Novak and Jeffries man! we'd be set with a back up 3/4

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
yeah barring we somehow work a sign and trade for Kidd or Camby its like we lose Jeffries who's valuable problem is he cant finish around the rim or hit a jumper

if we could somehow combine Novak and Jeffries man! we'd be set with a back up 3/4

LMAO, true. But Jeffries and Novak work perfectly together though. Jeffries loves the dirty work and always provided our shooters with solid picks to free them up. If we get Camby, head coach Mike "Morning" Woodson should establish a 2nd unit of:

PG- Kidd
SG- JR
SF- Novak
PF- Jeffries
C- Camby

That's a well balanced 2nd unit right there. Solid ball distribution, athleticism, perimeter shooting, solid interior defense, and rebounding. :beer:

Paul1355

All Star
LMAO, true. But Jeffries and Novak work perfectly together though. Jeffries loves the dirty work and always provided our shooters with solid picks to free them up. If we get Camby, head coach Mike "Morning" Woodson should establish a 2nd unit of:

PG- Kidd
SG- JR
SF- Novak
PF- Jeffries
C- Camby

That's a well balanced 2nd unit right there. Solid ball distribution, athleticism, perimeter shooting, solid interior defense, and rebounding. :beer:

Looks like Josh Harrelson, Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric and Jerome Jordan are all expendable at this point even though I like Jordan and Harrelson.

We can do a sign and trade for Camby, get him the money he wants eventhough he won't be a starter.

Your lineup looks pretty solid as a bench lineup...Mobb Deep will roll through teams with that lineup.

Only question is who will be our 2 guard to backup or start in front of J.R while Shump is out.

S&T for Mayo or Foye are options but then it takes us out of the Camby sweepstakes and we need a big man more than a 2 guard since we know J.R will be back and Shump gets back in January.

S&T for Camby so he gets a little more than 3 mil per year to entice him, trade Douglas (2 mil), Gadzuric (litte under 2 mil) and Jordan (800k)

Then sign a cheap 3rd option for SG and PG....maybe Keyon Dooling or Mike James for 3rd string PG and Courtney Lee or Michael Redd for SG

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
If we accomplish pulling a S&T for camby most likely Toney Douglas and the uninsured contracts of Gadzuric & Jerome will be sent. So our roster would look like

-Lin
-Melo
-Amare
-Chandler
-Jorts
-James White
-Shump
-Kidd
-Camby
-Jr
-Novak
-Jeffries- Vet min
- Knicks will probably Sign Pablo Prigioni
-13- Vet min SG? maybe
-14- Summer league signing? maybe Jr's brother chris Smith? (most likely will be sent to the D-league anyway)
-15- The corpse of Dantoni?

CoolClyde

how about sticking these in the free agency thread, so a new thread's not created for every single available player?

CA7

Scoring Champ
how about sticking these in the free agency thread, so a new thread's not created for every single available player?

Free agency thread is about guys actually being linked to the Knicks so we can discuss relevant information

This is just an idea no need to put it somewhere where I might not get a response

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

PG- Kidd
SG- JR
SF- Novak
PF- Jeffries
C- Camby

That is honestly a pretty perfect mobb deep. Feel guilty for this but i'd probably prefer to watch their minutes as opposed to the starters haha. You get near elite defense from our 4/5 and above average defense from our back court.

Jr Smith gets the green light to shoot, Kidd dishing it to Camby for the lob & finding and open Novakaine. What's more is that Camby & Jeffries defend the paint and clean the glass on both ends, man this would be perfect. Hope it all turns out.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think the knicks should get Camby on a sign and trade and open a spot. I have a feeling the knicks will still sign that guard from spain for the vet mimimum.

skisloper

Starter

PG- Kidd
SG- JR
SF- Novak
PF- Jeffries
C- Camby

Jeffries misses half the games with an injury......when he is in he is key defensively but to be out so much with an injury only makes things more chaotic....we dont need to sign him......