I think Courtney Lee would be perfect here

finestrg

Rotation player
Looks like Kidd's a done deal - either we're giving him the non-tax MLE (starting at $3M, right?) or we're gonna pull off some kind of S&T with Dallas (what if Cuban doesn't want to trade with us though? That's what I don't get but whatever). Camby looks like the next priority -- same deal: salary exception or S&T, depending on how we acquire Kidd. I personally would've went for younger, cheaper and more dynamic players to fill in the cracks, but the Knicks were outspoken about adding vet talent at all costs and it looks like they're on the verge of at least adding it in the right places, so I'll give them credit.

After securing Kidd (we're still gonna need 1 more low-cost PG - if Lin and/or Kidd ever break down we're in serious trouble -- look at last yr) and hopefully Camby (who, while pushing 40, still looks very productive btw -- 9 rpg and a block and a half in 22 mins is GREAT production -- good look here by the Knicks), if at all possible, I'd prefer to add a younger SG to balance things out a little. The position is in complete limbo right now. We need upgrading here in the worst way..I have a whole bunch of cheap options in mind for Summer League but just looking at the FA pool of NBA players, Courtney Lee really stands out. 6'5" 200, still young, very underrated player. Very solid.

Thing is I believe he's a RFA -- I have a hard time seeing Houston giving up on him w/o any compensation (I like Daryl Morey's style -- he loves talented youngsters), even though they just drafted Jeremy Lamb to go along with Kevin Martin. Is there a way we could expand a Camby S&T scenario with the Rockets to include Courtney Lee? There's some assets here -- TD, Jerome Jordan, Harrellson, any of the 3 players we have stashed overseas, I believe we have the $3M cash to use again too.. If we could ever get Courtney Lee with Camby, that's a straight up coup. Exactly what we need right now. I'm not saying Courtney Lee's Kobe Bryant, I know that, but he's good and he's proved it over the past few yrs at the NBA level. Very good offensive player -- much better than what we had with Landry Fields -- this guy's a 40% 3-pt shooter and he can take it strong to the rim and run the floor. Perfect fit...Our 2G picture would suddenly look a whole lot brighter if we had Courtney Lee/JR Smith manning the position while we waited on Shumpert. If it came down to it -- I might forget all about Camby and focus on a S&T with Courtney Lee by himself just to make sure I got him. Then I'd look elsewhere for backup 4/5 and rim protection on the cheap -- Jeff Adrien's tough, long and a good rebounder; Greg Stiemsma's shown he could be a solid rim protector with mins.; Marcus Cousin's a well-rounded 7' we could get real cheap; we should be monitoring Sean Williams who's on Boston's summer league roster--I'd pounce if he doesn't stick there; former Wyoming shot-blocker Justin Williams in on Philly's SL team (this guy's a Keon Clark type that had some success in the NBA for Sacramento a few yrs ago); former UConn big Gavin Edwards is on Portland's SL roster--dude's 6'10" and always played hard off the bench for Jim Calhoun in college, etc.

Last edited:

Seba

Benchwarmer
He's unrestricted. Rockets are willing to do a sign and trade for him (and Camby). He's probably worth more than the minimum.

And we already have a thread for these things.

finestrg

Rotation player
Just reading over at hoopshype that Boston is going after Courtney Lee hard - Doc Rivers just had dinner with him last night. Boston doesn't have a salary slot to sign him outright so like us, it would have to be a S&T. I don't know about including any more 1st round picks in the future but I might include a 2nd rounder or 2 to sweeten the deal--esp. for both Lee and Camby. Camby AND Lee would be ideal for us...And again, now that there's competition with Boston, I might focus all of my energy and assets on Courtney Lee even if it meant forgetting about Camby. I don't know if we have enough to get both players. I'd argue that Lee might be a bigger priority. One's a very solid 26-year-old SG with another 10 years ahead of him, the other's a 40-year-old big that's at the end of the line. Lee might be the better get in a trade for our available assets.

tiger0330

Legend
Lee was restricted but the Rox pulled their qualifying offer. Little chance the Knicks get him, a lot of teams have shown interest in Lee.

The Boston Celtics have emerged as a serious suitor for Courtney Lee after coach Doc Rivers met with the free-agent guard Saturday night, according to sources familiar with Boston's thinking.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Celtics, in the wake of losing sharpshooter Ray Allen to the Miami Heat, have ratcheted up their pursuit of Lee as a possible replacement.
Lee averaged 11.4 points per game for the Houston Rockets last season and hit 40 percent of his 3-point attempts.
The Celtics don't have the salary-cap space to sign Lee outright, but sources say the Rockets have let it be known that they're willing to participate in sign-and-trade deals with both Marcus Camby and Lee amid the increasing likelihood that neither of those coveted free agents will be returning to Houston.
The Minnesota Timberwolves, Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers, Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns, sources said, are the other teams in pursuit of Lee. The Chicago Bulls have long been interested in Lee, as well, but the Bulls' limited financial flexibility means they'd also need a sign-and-trade deal to land the swingman.

finestrg

Rotation player
Lee was restricted but the Rox pulled their qualifying offer. Little chance the Knicks get him, a lot of teams have shown interest in Lee.

The Boston Celtics have emerged as a serious suitor for Courtney Lee after coach Doc Rivers met with the free-agent guard Saturday night, according to sources familiar with Boston's thinking.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Celtics, in the wake of losing sharpshooter Ray Allen to the Miami Heat, have ratcheted up their pursuit of Lee as a possible replacement.
Lee averaged 11.4 points per game for the Houston Rockets last season and hit 40 percent of his 3-point attempts.
The Celtics don't have the salary-cap space to sign Lee outright, but sources say the Rockets have let it be known that they're willing to participate in sign-and-trade deals with both Marcus Camby and Lee amid the increasing likelihood that neither of those coveted free agents will be returning to Houston.
The Minnesota Timberwolves, Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers, Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns, sources said, are the other teams in pursuit of Lee. The Chicago Bulls have long been interested in Lee, as well, but the Bulls' limited financial flexibility means they'd also need a sign-and-trade deal to land the swingman.

Gotta give Boston credit -- they lose Ray Allen but give the situation the attention it deserves as they scramble to fill their 2G spot -- they may be in the lead for Courtney Lee, they add Dionte Christmas and Kris Joseph (who they drafted in the 2nd round) to their SL team (2 nice pickups), I'm not sure-didn't they bring Jeff Green back?, etc.. See, that's how you do it...Our 2G situation is worse than theirs, yet we've done nothing thusfar. At least release the friggin' SL roster already. Tell me who we're working with out in Vegas. If it were up to me, Scotty Hopson, Sylven Landesberg and Jamelle Horne would all be on our team. 3 nice young wings with potential, all 6'6" or taller. Start there...Our summer league team is wide open -- Shump's hurt, no Lin, no draft pick will be playing and we might wind up dealing assets away in a S&T for Kidd or Camby, youngsters that would otherwise be playing in Vegas. Who's gonna be on that friggin' team? LOL..Nevertheless, I'd take it super serious and load that team up with the best talent out there I could get my hands on. I'd recruit a D-League all-star team, complete with the best players at all the positions we're weak at on the depth chart. I hope they're taking SL seriously, man.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Boston will most likely get him since they lost Allen and Bradley is having surgery and might miss the start of the season.

Lee would be a perfect fit here and would probably start so J.R can come off the bench until Shump returns but I think if I had a choice between using the sign adn trade on either Lee or Camby I still have to go with Camby.

Wargames

Starter
At this point I think the Knicks are banking on JR as being the starter and then trying to find a vet min guy to back him up until Shump Heals. Like Hahn said Michael Redd might be a good choice, maybe Pietrus if he gets no offers, Roger Mason Jr....

I hope the Knicks try to find someone who will be decent. Shump shouldn't rush back and possibly make his injury worse. So the knicks should look for depth at the 2 that might have to play in the playoffs.

Paul1355

All Star
At this point I think the Knicks are banking on JR as being the starter and then trying to find a vet min guy to back him up until Shump Heals. Like Hahn said Michael Redd might be a good choice, maybe Pietrus if he gets no offers, Roger Mason Jr....

I hope the Knicks try to find someone who will be decent. Shump shouldn't rush back and possibly make his injury worse. So the knicks should look for depth at the 2 that might have to play in the playoffs.

we should find a d league guy...honestly how hard is it to find a vet minimum guy that is athletic 2 guard and can hit an open shot?

finestrg

Rotation player
we should find a d league guy...honestly how hard is it to find a vet minimum guy that is athletic 2 guard and can hit an open shot?

Cheap SG alternatives given our capped out situation:

Chris Douglas-Roberts - 6'7", very good scoring skills, NBA experience along with some nice success at the NBA level in spurts for the Nets & Bucks. Would he come for the vet minimum or LLE? Maybe if we offered him the starting SG spot or at least regular rotation time i.e. 20+ mins.

Scotty Hopson - 6'7", dude's a scorer and can do it from anywhere..Bad rap (unwarranted in my book--confidence in one's self doesn't = ****y) but he's got more than enough talent to play in the NBA. This guy's better than half the 2Gs in the NBA.

Jamelle Horne - 6'7" wing, long, plenty athletic, good 3-pt shooter, can get to the rim, underrated defender that gives effort. I've always liked his game. Should've been much more in college--not necessarily his fault though. There was a ton of instability at Arizona while he was there. Felt like this poor kid had a new coach almost every year. Never had a coach that committed 30+ mins and a starting role to him.

Sylven Landesberg - 6'6", a lot of ability offensively. Slashing game is outstanding and he's made great strides with his outside shot. Made a mistake not going to class at Virginia his soph. yr, got suspended, then declared for the draft too early when the school was ready to clear the slate and wanted him back. This kid can play though -- has played well in Israel the past couple of seasons. I would've drafted him ahead of Fields and Andy Rautins a couple of years ago w/o hesitation. Much better upside than those 2.

Ryan Wittman - more of a SF but this kid's money from deep. Makes even more sense if we don't bring back Novak -- he could supplement Novak's outside shooting to a degree (maybe surpass it). My bet is he ends up on Washington's SL team with a good chance to make that team -- his dad Randy Wittman's the head coach there.

Adrian Thomas - like Wittman, at 6'7" 225, he's more of a 3 in the NBA probably. And again, like Wittman, he's a little bit of a one-trick pony, but man, this kid can shoot the ball from deep. Did it in college at Miami and again in the D-League last year (39.8%, 107-269). No doubt about his perimeter touch. Quick release too. We could do worse. He'd really help spread the floor. His game reminds me of Shawne Williams' -- not quite as tall, probably a better shooter (Shawne only became a solid 3-pt shooter recently; this kid Thomas has always been an elite 3-pt shooter. Neither Thomas or Williams put it on the floor much).

Hollis Thompson - a guy I would've taken with our draft pick at 48. Great shooter at G-Town with good size (6'8"). Nice upside in a lot of areas with that one decernible skill to hang his hat on.

Austin Freeman - another fellow G-Town wing, undrafted 6'4" SG from last year's draft class. He can score. Thick & strong too from what I remember. Kinda reminds me of Sac's Marcus Thornton.

Manny Harris - on Houston's SL team. I'm interested if they release him after SL's over.

Othyus Jeffers - rock solid SG that was great in the DL last yr before finally getting called up by Washington. Did real well for the Wizards before blowing out his knee, I believe sometime last off-season. If he's anywhere near what he was before the injury, I'd take a flyer on him. Thick, strong/physical no-nonsense wing that had a lot of game at one point before the knee injury.

Kelenna Auzbukie - we never got a chance to see the real Azu but he eventually made it back in the DL last year and eventually got a call up by Dallas at the end of the year. Like Jeffers, if he's got something left, he might be worth a shot. Showed he can still knock down 3s at least. Used to be a very underrated player in GS pre knee injury.

Andre Emmett - dude has some miles on him now but he can play. One of the best players in the DL last year -- over 36 mins/game, 23.1 ppg on 52% from the floor (42% from 3), 5.5 rpg, 1.7 steals. Those monster numbers might warrant a closer look. Being 30 years old, I don't think the big lights of the Garden & NYC would faze him.

Dionte Christmas - 6'5" good shooter/scorer at Temple and overseas the past couple of years. Just read that Boston's got him signed up for their SL team. If they don't take him, I'm interested.

Mardy Collins - I know he's not a great shooter, but he's big at 6'6", can play some point and played well in spurts with us a few years ago. Good defensively which might be important since we'll be w/o Shumpert indefinitely. Came back from injury (strained MCL, then a pulled hammy) last year in the DL and had an excellent playoff run for the LA D-Fenders all the way to the DL Finals. Not sure how he would blend with Melo/JR Smith given the altercation at the Garden a few years ago. Probably not a big deal -- Jeffries was a big part of that scuffle and you would've never known it the past couple of seasons. Guys get over that **** quick I suppose. If we could beef up the outside shooting elsewhere, we could use his other skills.

Chris Johnson - undrafted outta Dayton, 6'6" lefty SG/SF reminds me of James Harden a little bit. On Philly's SL squad.

Lazar Hayward - a volume 3-pt shooter in the Q-Rich mold. Wrapped up a reasonably good career at Marquette with a good senior yr a couple of years ago. Underrated defender in college (1.88 steals a game his senior yr) and a real good rebounder (7.5, 8.6 his finally 2 yrs in college). Drafted by Wash in the 2nd round in 2010, didn't stick, now playing for Ok. City's SL team.

DeQuan Jones - never really had the type of college career he should've given his elite athleticism but he's still a real dark horse for me. Undrafted out of Miami, this year's James White maybe. He's that good an athlete. His stats don't support taking a chance on him but he passes the eye test with flying colors. Threw down some monster dunks on guys last year. Just noticed that Orlando's got him on their SL roster. I believe the Magic play in the Orlando Summer League, not the Vegas League. We should sign him up. Plenty of guys play both leagues..Probably goes over to Europe somewhere to hone his skills. In a couple of years watch out. Remember the name.

Sonny Weems - we all heard recently that the Knicks showed some interest. We could do worse I guess. A big, strong 2 and a good athlete.

Last edited:

Chris Douglas-Roberts - 6'7", very good scoring skills, NBA experience along with some nice success at the NBA in spurts for the Nets & Bucks. Would he come for the vet minimum or LLE? Maybe if we offered him the starting SG spot or at least regular rotation time i.e. 20+ mins.

Scotty Hopson - 6'7", dude's a scorer and can do it from anywhere..Bad rap (unwarranted in my book--confidence in one's self doesn't = ****y) but he's got more than enough talent to play in the NBA. This guy's better than half the 2Gs in the NBA.

Jamelle Horne - 6'7" wing, long, plenty athletic, good 3-pt shooter, can get to the rim, underrated defender that gives effort. I've always liked his game. Should've been much more in college--not necessarily his fault though. There was a ton of instability at Arizona while he was there. Felt like this poor kid had a new coach almost every year. Never had a coach that committed 30+ mins and a starting role to him.

Sylven Landesberg - 6'6", a lot of ability offensively. Slashing game is outstanding and he's made great strides with his outside shot. Made a mistake not going to class at Virginia his soph. yr, got suspended, then declared for the draft too early when the school was ready to clear the slate and wanted him back. This kid can play though -- has played well in Israel the past couple of seasons. I would've drafted him ahead of Fields and Andy Rautins a couple of years ago w/o hesitation. Much better upside than those 2.

Ryan Wittman - more of a SF but this kid's money from deep. Makes even more sense if we don't bring back Novak -- he could supplement Novak's outside shooting to a degree (maybe surpass it). My bet is he ends up on Washington's SL team with a good chance to make that team -- his dad Randy Wittman's the head coach there.

Adrian Thomas - like Wittman, at 6'7" 225, he's more of a 3 in the NBA probably. And again, like Wittman, he's a little bit of a one-trick pony, but man, this kid can shoot the ball from deep. Did it in college at Miami and again in the D-League last year (39.8%, 107-269). No doubt about his perimeter touch. Quick release too. We could do worse. He'd really help spread the floor.

Hollis Thompson - a guy I would've taken with our draft pick at 48. Great shooter at G-Town with good size (6'8"). Nice upside in a lot of areas with that one decernible skill to hang his hat on.

Austin Freeman - Another fellow G-Town wing, undrafted 6'4" SG from last year's draft class. He can score. Thick & strong too from what I remember. Kinda reminds me of Sac's Marcus Thornton.

Manny Harris - on Houston's SL team. I'm interested if they release him after SL's over.

Othyus Jeffers - rock solid SG that was great in the DL last yr before finally getting called up by Washington. Did real well for the Wizards before blowing out his knee, I believe sometime last off-season. If he's anywhere near what he was before the injury, I'd take a flyer on him. Thick, strong/physical no-nonsense wing that had a lot of game at one point.

Kelenna Auzbukie - we never got a chance to see the real Azu but he eventually made it back in the DL last year and eventually got a call up by Dallas at the end of the year. Like Jeffers, if he's got something left, he might be worth a shot. Used to be a very underrated player in GS pre knee injury.

Andre Emmett - dude has some miles on him now but he can play. One of the best players in the DL last year -- over 36 mins/game, 23.1 ppg on 52% from the floor (42% from 3), 5.5 rpg, 1.7 steals. Those monster numbers might warrant a closer look. Being 30 years old, I don't think the big lights of the Garden & NYC would faze him.

Dionte Christmas - 6'5" good shooter/scorer at Temple and overseas the past couple of years. Just read that Boston's got him signed up for their SL team. If they don't take him, I'm interested.

Mardy Collins - I know he's not a great shooter, but he's big at 6'6", can play some point and played well in spurts with us a few years ago. Good defensively which might be important since we'll be w/o Shumpert indefinitely. Came back from injury (strained MCL, then a pulled hammy) last year in the DL and had an excellent playoff run for the LA D-Fenders all the way to the DL Finals. Not sure how he would blend with Melo/JR Smith given the altercation at the Garden a few years ago. Probably not a big deal -- Jeffries was a big part of that scuffle and you would've never known it the past couple of seasons. Guys get over that **** quick I suppose. If we could beef up the outside shooting elsewhere, we could use his other skills.

Chris Johnson - undrafted outta Dayton, 6'6" lefty SG/SF reminds me of James Harden a little bit. On Philly's SL squad.

Lazar Hayward - a volume 3-pt shooter in the Q-Rich mold. Wrapped up a reasonably good career at Marquette with a good senior yr a couple of years ago. Underrated defender in college (1.88 steals a game his senior yr) and a real good rebounder (7.5, 8.6 his finally 2 yrs in college). Drafted by Wash in the 2nd round in 2010, didn't stick, now playing for Ok. City's SL team.

DeQuan Jones - never really had the type of college career he should've given his elite athleticism but he's still a real dark horse for me. Undrafted out of Miami, this year's James White maybe. He's that good an athlete. His stats don't support it but he passes the eye test. Threw down some monster dunks on guys last year. Just noticed that Orlando's got him on their SL roster. I believe they play in the Orlando summer league, not the Vegas league. We should sign him up. Probably goes over to Europe somewhere to hone his skills. In a couple of years watch out. Remember the name.

Sonny Weems - we all heard recently that the Knicks showed some interest. We could do worse I guess. A big, strong 2 and a good athlete.

+1 good list, i like CDR, he is like Lee but cannot really shoot well. And it is a shame Hopson is irrelevant, i was sure he would be a rotation player in the league.

CoolClyde

here's an idea finestring... why don't you start a thread for every single available player, so we don't have to read any other thread whatsoever, and we'll just talk about who's available? i mean, f*ck the free agency thread, i thought that's what it was there for? to discuss who's available in free agency...

you're not the only one, but definitely a culprit for starting multiple threads based on available players in college, in the nba, free agents and in pipe dreams.

but everyone else seems to be playing along, more power to ya.
:2cents:
:boohoo:

STAT1

Starter
Wouldn't mind bringing Azubuike back to see what he could do in this system, but not sure if he's fully recovered yet from his injury. With Shumpert also on the shelf w/a bad knee injury, we may need to pursue a more reliable option as a fill-in until Shump comes back.

I would also consider Maurice Evans, he's an excellent defensive player, athletic & can knock down the open 3, which is really all we need out of our SG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdVA_yinOw&feature=fvwrel

finestrg

Rotation player
here's an idea finestring... why don't you start a thread for every single available player, so we don't have to read any other thread whatsoever, and we'll just talk about who's available? i mean, f*ck the free agency thread, i thought that's what it was there for? to discuss who's available in free agency...

you're not the only one, but definitely a culprit for starting multiple threads based on available players in college, in the nba, free agents and in pipe dreams.

but everyone else seems to be playing along, more power to ya.
:2cents:
:boohoo:

You're right -- should've posted these ideas over there. My bad.

finestrg

Rotation player
Wouldn't mind bringing Azubuike back to see what he could do in this system, but not sure if he's fully recovered yet from his injury. With Shumpert also on the shelf w/a bad knee injury, we may need to pursue a more reliable option as a fill-in until Shump comes back.

I would also consider Maurice Evans, he's an excellent defensive player, athletic & can knock down the open 3, which is really all we need out of our SG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdVA_yinOw&feature=fvwrel

Absolutely, Mo Evans could work too. Regarding CDR -- I know a lot of guys don't like him, but I love his ability to score the ball. 6'7", real crafty, slick handle, really knows how to get to the rim. Not a terrible 3-pt shooter like some say, but yeah, he ain't automatic either. Tell you what though, if he was shooting a high % from 2-pt range and putting up points, I'll take it. He can do that. I think this dude can score on anybody. Always liked him.

Paul1355

All Star

Chris Douglas-Roberts - 6'7", very good scoring skills, NBA experience along with some nice success at the NBA level in spurts for the Nets & Bucks. Would he come for the vet minimum or LLE? Maybe if we offered him the starting SG spot or at least regular rotation time i.e. 20+ mins.

Adrian Thomas - like Wittman, at 6'7" 225, he's more of a 3 in the NBA probably. And again, like Wittman, he's a little bit of a one-trick pony, but man, this kid can shoot the ball from deep. Did it in college at Miami and again in the D-League last year (39.8%, 107-269). No doubt about his perimeter touch. Quick release too. We could do worse. He'd really help spread the floor. His game reminds me of Shawne Williams' -- not quite as tall, probably a better shooter (Shawne only became a solid 3-pt shooter recently; this kid Thomas has always been an elite 3-pt shooter. Neither Thomas or Williams put it on the floor much).

Austin Freeman - another fellow G-Town wing, undrafted 6'4" SG from last year's draft class. He can score. Thick & strong too from what I remember. Kinda reminds me of Sac's Marcus Thornton.

Othyus Jeffers - rock solid SG that was great in the DL last yr before finally getting called up by Washington. Did real well for the Wizards before blowing out his knee, I believe sometime last off-season. If he's anywhere near what he was before the injury, I'd take a flyer on him. Thick, strong/physical no-nonsense wing that had a lot of game at one point before the knee injury.

Kelenna Auzbukie - we never got a chance to see the real Azu but he eventually made it back in the DL last year and eventually got a call up by Dallas at the end of the year. Like Jeffers, if he's got something left, he might be worth a shot. Showed he can still knock down 3s at least. Used to be a very underrated player in GS pre knee injury.

DeQuan Jones - never really had the type of college career he should've given his elite athleticism but he's still a real dark horse for me. Undrafted out of Miami, this year's James White maybe. He's that good an athlete. His stats don't support taking a chance on him but he passes the eye test with flying colors. Threw down some monster dunks on guys last year. Just noticed that Orlando's got him on their SL roster. I believe the Magic play in the Orlando Summer League, not the Vegas League. We should sign him up. Plenty of guys play both leagues..Probably goes over to Europe somewhere to hone his skills. In a couple of years watch out. Remember the name.

Thanks for the list!

Many of those guys I don't know but I will say this, if they are atheltic slashers then you should cross them off the list because we got that in James White already.

We need a legit 2 guard that can hit outside shots.

I liked the idea of Azubuke but I doubt we will give a shot to someone with injury problems.

I like Manny Harris, Hollis Thompson, Ryan Wittman, and Scotty Hopson I all heard those guys have potential and Harris lit us up once when he was with the Cavs

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
It's my gut feeling, but I believe knicks might have promised JR starting job so he would resign for the cheap. As for the backup, Cortney lee would me awesome, let's see what happens, I would totally approve

finestrg

Rotation player
It's my gut feeling, but I believe knicks might have promised JR starting job so he would resign for the cheap. As for the backup, Cortney lee would me awesome, let's see what happens, I would totally approve

That's a good call -- maybe they did promise him a starting role. They should look to lock him up already though. I don't know what the hell they're waiting for. Get him to sign on the dotted line before he sees what some of these other guys are getting and changes his mind. JR Smith, even with some of his off-the-court BS, is a bargin at $2.8-2.9M or whatever his raise at 20% will be. Get it done already and move on. I'm sure there are reasons for it but there's just a certain passiveness about us this whole off-season so far that I just don't care for.

Paul1355

All Star

Doubt Lee would take vet minimum but looks like Boston might lock him up.

J.R starting is not a big deal with me. He can spread the floor for Melo and Amare because he can hit an open 3.

J.R suprised me with his ability to play defense and rebound as well.

He is a steal for 2.8 mil