Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knicks and Nets

Hybrid View

Default Knicks and Nets

Anyone take a look at this? Stephen A Smith is crazy
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Also another thing we should be worried about...

if this goes through... we have a lot to handle in Miami and across bridge in Brooklyn. Looks like NYK is gunna be a 3 or 4 seed. I'm guessing

1. Heat
    2. Nets(if they get howard)
    3. Knicks
    4. Chicago(maybe, if rose comes back)
    5. Pacers
    6. Celtics
    7. 76ers
    8. Up in smoke....

IF Amare plays like he did in 2010 and is healthy.. We are equal to the nets talent imo.

Superstar

If Amare plays the way he did at the beginning of 2010 we're the best team in the league

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    If Amare plays the way he did at the beginning of 2010 we're the best team in the league
    HAHAHHAHAHAAHA!!! Got any more of that ish ya smoking?

If they can land Howard, they sure will be a powerhouse. Exciting team to watch, no doubt, especially when they just moved to Brooklyn. They will gain alot of NY fans. I can't say I would like the competition, but i rather have them as one of the top seeds rather than the Bulls, Pacers or Boston...

I would not put us ahead of the Celtics just yet. They are a proven team, seasoned & have built a chemistry together over a span of years that the Knicks have yet to do.

I think if the Nets were to get Howard they would be better than us.

A team with a nucleus of Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and Dwight Howard can rival Miami for years to come..

That is a legit contending core right there.

People forget that this team has NO ceiling, no one really knows how good we can be. We never had a legit PG with these stars for a whole season.

I am excited to see Lin take over and have Kidd behind him, it is a great 1-2 punch at PG.

Both guys have court vision and can run the floor, exactly what we need. They can hit shots when they are open, they are perfect compliments to Amare, Melo and Chandler.

we should be a top 5 team

I believe the Pacers are a great team but if they don't match the offer for Hibert then they will finish 7th at best.

The Bulls not having Rose and the Pacers possibly losing out on Hibert just gives us more reason to have a great year. The only teams we should worry about are the Heat, Nets, and Celtics. And I believe we can beat all of them if we are healthy. We have the defensive players, the right coach, the right philosophy and a lot of offensive weapons...all we need is health and PG's to orchestrate the offense which we will have.

Whether the Nets have Howard or not, we should come together and everyone should be effective. Amare needs to step up and I believe he will with Lin and Kidd.

Even assuming Nets get Howard, the team needs time to build chemistry even if they have two big name players. They won't be top 3 East for a while

lol.......Knicks at #3 and Celtics at #6 is a little too unrealistic. I think we need to put aside our team bias and see that Celtics almost took the series from Heat, even more close than OKC, while Knicks lost pretty bad. I would currently rank Celtics at #2/3 and Knicks at #4. Ofc, when the new players hit our roster and our team begins to form chemistry, we're probably gonna be stronger

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    That's like asking Melo to pass. Won't happen.

Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    Anyone take a look at this? Stephen A Smith is crazy

Also another thing we should be worried about...

if this goes through... we have a lot to handle in Miami and across bridge in Brooklyn. Looks like NYK is gunna be a 3 or 4 seed. I'm guessing

1. Heat
    2. Nets(if they get howard)
    3. Knicks
    4. Chicago(maybe, if rose comes back)
    5. Pacers
    6. Celtics
    7. 76ers
    8. Up in smoke....
    Boston seeded at #6? They just got Jason terry, Resigned Bass, KG, Green and bradley will be making a return soon on top of that they drafted Fab Melo and sullinger, They lost Ray allen but still potential have one of the deepest teams in the league if they can stay healthy. I got

1.Heat
    2.Nets-- (if they acquire Dwight)
    3.Boston-- ( Remember pierce was injured to start the season) if he's healthy + their added depth please don't sleep on this team.
    4.Knicks-- (if they stay injury FREE i would even put them 3rd seed)
    5.Pacers
    6.Bulls-- (unless Rose can make a BIG return )
    7.Sixers
    8.Wizards-- ( Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene, Oakafor) in the EAST this is a playoff team.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 09, 2012 at 12:52.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

1. Heat
    2. Nets
    3. Knicks
    4. Celtics
    5. Hawks
    6. Bulls
    7. 76ers
    8. Pacers

On the fence
    Cavs
    Raptors

Originally Posted by metrocard
    1. Heat
    2. Nets
    3. Knicks
    4. Celtics
    5. Hawks
    6. Bulls
    7. 76ers
    8. Pacers

On the fence
    Cavs
    Raptors
    Why would the hawks still be in the playoff picture without joe johnson remember they weren't making the playoffs before he got to atlanta let me fix this for you
    1. Heat
    2. Nets
    3. Boston
    4. New york
    5. Pacers
    6. Chicago
    7. Philadelphia
    8. Washington

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by WeReady
    Why would the hawks still be in the playoff picture without joe johnson remember they weren't making the playoffs before he got to atlanta let me fix this for you
    1. Heat
    2. Nets
    3. Boston
    4. New york
    5. Pacers
    6. Chicago
    7. Philadelphia
    8. Washington
    your list is probably the most realistic possibility.

Still don't know how the Roy Hibbert situation will pan out, but if the Pacers don't match the max offer the Trailblazers offered Hibert then the Pacers might finish 7th at best.

NY has the ability to be the 2nd best team but it all depends on Jeremy Lin having everyone gel and having Amare come back to the player he was the first year he came here.

Washington is a team I did not consider but they will be atleast a .500 team with the whole roster shaping up with Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene, Okafor...and a bench of Seraphim, Vessly, Jordan Crawford, Booker...and Blatche will prob be amnestied...they have a pretty solid team this year. They have to stay healthy...Nene and Okafor can't stay on the floor.

I would be happy with Knicks being in top 4 as long as they have home court advantage in the playoffs. And let's be healthy come playoff time for once!!!

Proposed Dwight Howard deal to Nets could contain more than 10 players
    35 minutes ago

Email
    The Orlando Magic have intensified discussions about trading Dwight Howard, and the Brooklyn Nets are rapidly overtaking the Los Angeles Lakers as the strongest contender to land the disenchanted All-Star center, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Dwight Howard has listed only one team as his desired trade destination: the Brooklyn Nets. (AP)
    As Orlando sorts through the offers, Howard's potential destination is increasingly looking like the Nets, sources said. The tentacles of the proposed deal stretched across more than 10 players and three teams on Monday morning, with the Nets recruiting a fourth team to take on guard MarShon Brooks in exchange for an additional draft pick to send to Orlando.
    In the proposed deal, Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets' Brook Lopez, Damion James, Sheldon Williams, Cleveland's Luke Walton and three future first-round picks, sources said. Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn also would send Brooks to a fourth team to get them an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic.
    Talks between the Magic and Nets remain fluid with some of the deal's parts moving in and out based on different scenarios. One proposed hangup to a trade: Humphries would be against taking a one-year contract with the Cavs, instead seeking a four-year deal, a league source told Y! Sports' Marc Spears.

Despite Orlando’s desire to make Lakers center Andrew Bynum the centerpiece of a trade package, a significant stumbling block remains in Bynum’s reluctance to commit to a long-term contract if he's traded to the Magic, sources said. Orlando doesn’t want to face the possibility of trading for Bynum only to lose him to free agency after the upcoming season.
    The appeal of the Lakers' potential package for Bynum has also been diminished with Los Angeles sending its 2013 and 2015 first-round draft picks to the Phoenix Suns in the Steve Nash sign-and-trade deal. The NBA doesn’t allow teams to trade first-round picks in consecutive years, so the Lakers can’t offer Orlando their 2014 and 2016 first-round picks.
    The Magic are portraying patience in making a deal for Howard, but have a strong distaste for engaging in a prolonged process that drags into the summer. From new general manager Rob Hennigan through Orlando ownership, the Magic want to find the best possible deal for Howard soon and cut ties with him, sources said.
    [Also: Kevin Love urges Timberwolves to upgrade their roster soon]
    Bynum, 24, has one year left on his Lakers contract and has a short list of potential teams with salary-cap space and supporting cast that primarily include the Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets with the Cleveland Cavaliers and a "couple others" on the list, league sources said. If Bynum remains with the Lakers past the Howard derby, he’ll have strong incentive to accept a maximum contract extension to stay in L.A., sources said. Otherwise, he has expressed a desire to test the free-agent market.
    As much as Hennigan prefers to send Howard to a Western Conference team, the Magic keep coming back to the Nets as the best, safest package. Howard’s preferred trade partner – Brooklyn – has pushed into overdrive in offering up trade scenarios and options for the Magic, sources said. For now, Orlando prefers Lopez as a centerpiece player over having its pick of the Houston Rockets' roster, sources said.

The Magic would be taking a risk trading for Andrew Bynum if he won't commit to staying. (Getty Images)
    The Nets started extension discussions with Lopez over the weekend, preparing for the possibility he could stay with them on a five-year deal or be moved to the Magic in a four-year contract as part of a sign-and-trade package for Howard. Lopez has been seeking a maximum contract extension --- five years for $78.6 million --- from Brooklyn, but the two sides are still negotiating a number. If Lopez is sent to the Magic in a sign-and-trade, the most he could get is $58.4 million over four years.
    Hennigan has been consistent in pushing teams to offer him multiple first-round picks, as well as be able to absorb one of the Magic’s high-priced veteran contracts, including Hedo Turkoglu and Richardson, sources said.
    [Also: Dislike of Rajon Rondo partly why Ray Allen chose Miami]
    While the Nets are still working to use Cleveland in a potential deal, they're finding traction with two other possible scenarios to find a home for Humphries' contract, a source said.
    Orlando further signaled its desire to start a complete rebuilding process when it sent restricted free-agent forward Ryan Anderson to the New Orleans Hornets on Sunday in a sign-and-trade deal. Anderson would’ve signed an offer sheet with the Hornets for $36 million over four years, and the Magic decided that was too steep a price to match. They Magic acquired backup center Gustavo Ayon in the sign-and-trade deal. (source yahoo sports)

If Amare puts up 20/10 this year I'd say everybody get out of the way. Knicks Number 1 seed especially with Kidd and Camby on the bench. But if amare doesn't, I say at least a 4 seed.