Steve Novak Resigns

skisloper

Starter
thats alot of money for a guy who is one dimensional....
its called Dolan panicking as he watches the nets franchise becomes at least much better then the knicks on paper as soon as they land howard.

an ultimate dolan panick would be Melo for Howard to stop the nets.

Wargames

Starter
Adrian Wojnarowski: Steve Novak has agreed to terms with New York, his agent Mark Bartelstein says. Twitter

Very nice deal, not to much and it means the knicks still have their 3 pt threat.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
That means he's looking at around $3.75 per Year over the course of 4 years for the total of 15 Mill.

Good offer i guess, Glad he's back... slightly over paid for a one dimensional player if you ask me.

Edit: im really curious to see what JR's contract is looking like

Forrest17

Rotation player
He is one demisional but that one dimension is so valuable...

I think about it like this, if we are down, no one can get us back into the game, or get the score close again like Novak. He brought us back from the dead so many times its crazy

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The energy he brings to the team and fans is also amazing. Not even the biggest chucker could help but look for him when he's got it going on.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The energy he brings to the team and fans is also amazing. Not even the biggest chucker could help but look for him when he's got it going on.

Totally agree ! JR was looking for Novak every single possession down the court toward the end of the season and most of Novak's shots was coming from assists from him. JR loves to shoot, but he knew Novak in the second unit with him was no joke and he had no problem giving him the open shots.

Thank you Knicks management for bringing the man back, wouldn't be as sweet without him. Even happier that he is set for 4 years with the rest of the big guns.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
This is amazing news.

And for those of you saying this is an overpay, look around at the ridiculous contracts being handed out. Omir Asik is getting 8 mil a year. What 5 point, 3 rebound backup center deserves 8 mil a year? Also, look at Nicholas Batum. 13 points, 5 rebounds, and getting a near max offer sheet from Minny :teeth:

I'm almost entirely sure that you won't be seeing any ridiculous overpay signings for the Knicks anytime soon. (Besides Amare, assuming he doesn't turn it around, which he should)

This league has turned to ****. The overpays for mid level players disgust me. And THIS is something the owners had a problem with, giving out these insane contracts to players who didn't deserve it. This is a reason why we had a lockout, yet people just don't learn.

Forrest17

Rotation player
This is amazing news.

And for those of you saying this is an overpay, look around at the ridiculous contracts being handed out. Omir Asik is getting 8 mil a year. What 5 point, 3 rebound backup center deserves 8 mil a year? Also, look at Nicholas Batum. 13 points, 5 rebounds, and getting a near max offer sheet from Minny :teeth:

I'm almost entirely sure that you won't be seeing any ridiculous overpay signings for the Knicks anytime soon. (Besides Amare, assuming he doesn't turn it around, which he should)

This league has turned to ****. The overpays for mid level players disgust me. And THIS is something the owners had a problem with, giving out these insane contracts to players who didn't deserve it. This is a reason why we had a lockout, yet people just don't learn.

Its kind of funny that the lockout is actually leading to more overpaying of players instead of less.

Benchwarmer
Whew! When I first read your thread title, I thought he had
quit! You know, resign? :sweat:

Great news, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: Now, I just hope he gets
better in his defensive play!

tiger0330

Legend
I thought the Knicks were going to wait until Novak got an offer to match. Ryan Anderson getting 9M from the Hornets might have changed their minds. Glad to have Novakaine back even if the Knicks did overpay him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

The Garden remains hooked on Novakaine. Didn't expect him to garner that much cash though, seriously. Still, when you're the best in the biz at something...........Reap what's sewn.

What's enjoyable is that he WANTED to come back. He was well received here as a come out of nowhere clutch bomber. Linsanity got him the views, but that game VS Dallas was his absolute coming out party, or at least what REALLY established him...

Any talk of what he's been working on in the offseason?

Heck of a lot of money for a guy who only hit 4 three-pointers in a 5-game playoff series and doesn't do much else very well, but that's all in the context of the Knicks only getting him 9 looks the whole series. The key to Novak being lethal is the rest of the team getting him a steady stream of open looks. Lin healthy and the acquisition of Kidd will definitely help, but so will re-signing Jefferies or getting someone else on the roster who knows how to set a perfect perimeter screen.

All in all, playoff series aside, Novak was huge for us throughout the regular season and glad to see him back on the roster.

portega1968

El Cacique
He is one demisional but that one dimension is so valuable...

I think about it like this, if we are down, no one can get us back into the game, or get the score close again like Novak. He brought us back from the dead so many times its crazy

also, add the fact that defenders have to stay close to him or else get burned, so that keeps defenses honest.. I would say that one-dimension has another dimension to it!!!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The man deserves every penny he got, if we didn't give him that contract someone else sure would have. Yeah, he didn't produce in the playoffs, but as stated he needs to have open looks which is provided by the rest of the team, he is not a create your own shot type of guy. Jefferies was the man who made everything happen for Novak most of the time by setting him screens.