Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Novak Resigns

Veteran

I thought the Knicks were going to wait until Novak got an offer to match. Ryan Anderson getting 9M from the Hornets might have changed their minds. Glad to have Novakaine back even if the Knicks did overpay him.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

The Garden remains hooked on Novakaine. Didn't expect him to garner that much cash though, seriously. Still, when you're the best in the biz at something...........Reap what's sewn.

What's enjoyable is that he WANTED to come back. He was well received here as a come out of nowhere clutch bomber. Linsanity got him the views, but that game VS Dallas was his absolute coming out party, or at least what REALLY established him...

Any talk of what he's been working on in the offseason?

Veteran

Heck of a lot of money for a guy who only hit 4 three-pointers in a 5-game playoff series and doesn't do much else very well, but that's all in the context of the Knicks only getting him 9 looks the whole series. The key to Novak being lethal is the rest of the team getting him a steady stream of open looks. Lin healthy and the acquisition of Kidd will definitely help, but so will re-signing Jefferies or getting someone else on the roster who knows how to set a perfect perimeter screen.

All in all, playoff series aside, Novak was huge for us throughout the regular season and glad to see him back on the roster.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    He is one demisional but that one dimension is so valuable...

I think about it like this, if we are down, no one can get us back into the game, or get the score close again like Novak. He brought us back from the dead so many times its crazy
    also, add the fact that defenders have to stay close to him or else get burned, so that keeps defenses honest.. I would say that one-dimension has another dimension to it!!!

The man deserves every penny he got, if we didn't give him that contract someone else sure would have. Yeah, he didn't produce in the playoffs, but as stated he needs to have open looks which is provided by the rest of the team, he is not a create your own shot type of guy. Jefferies was the man who made everything happen for Novak most of the time by setting him screens.

i like this, the knicks are trying to put together a core for the next few years.
    ya got melo, chandler, stat, hopefully lin, novak, hopefully JR smiff, kidd for two, and maybe camby for two.
    add in a jeffries, an SG, a pg and im set for the start of next season

Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    i like this, the knicks are trying to put together a core for the next few years.
    ya got melo, chandler, stat, hopefully lin, novak, hopefully JR smiff, kidd for two, and maybe camby for two.
    add in a jeffries, an SG, a pg and im set for the start of next season
    Yep and the majority of deals are set that in 2015 the knicks could keep or subtract as needed and not be in cap hell. I love the signs that the knicks organization is being smarter than it use to be.

better defend better n get more rebounds!!

Originally Posted by Newbie
    Whew! When I first read your thread title, I thought he had
    quit! You know, resign?
    Yeah it would be great if people knew the difference between re-sign and resign.

Glad he's sticking around, although he really needs to develop a dribble and ability to move without the ball.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

most dangerous 3 point shooter in the game, also shown he can step a bit inside the line and hit some 2's dudes a deadly shooter and in this system he's $$$ for sure. Glad he's back, he's glad he's back now were in business. this offseason is looking golden bought in important championship pieces and bringing back vital pieces. Novakcaine!!!! is it october yet?

Good news strikes twice tonight! Good to have Novak locked up for the longterm, he is a very valuable role player to have & his contract is very reasonable. People underestimate chemistry on teams sometimes. To me, Novak is 1 of the guys who will add tremendously over the term of his contract to the overall chemistry & balance of the team. Great signing by Grunwald IMO.

Originally Posted by tripleaamin9
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Novak's deal with the Knicks is for $15 million over four years with no options.
    I don;t think this contract was too much...this guy is one dimensional but he is LIGHTS OUT from outside and a must for our team which sucked in overall 3 point shooting.

We need Novak and he makes everything from Downtown, he should work on his dribbling and ability to run the floor.

The fourth year and 3.75 is bit much...but I'm glad he is back

Now Woodie just needs to figure out how to get him open. I mean I understand the value of having him in the corner to free up Lin taking it to the rim, but could we run him off a screen once in a while? Regular season is one thing, but nobody will leave him remotely open in the playoffs

If Woodson looks at how the Sacramento Kings used Peja and has Novak become Peja 2.0 then he'll get us 2-3 3's a game easy