Steve Novak Resigns

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
i like this, the knicks are trying to put together a core for the next few years.
ya got melo, chandler, stat, hopefully lin, novak, hopefully JR smiff, kidd for two, and maybe camby for two.
add in a jeffries, an SG, a pg and im set for the start of next season

Wargames

Starter
i like this, the knicks are trying to put together a core for the next few years.
ya got melo, chandler, stat, hopefully lin, novak, hopefully JR smiff, kidd for two, and maybe camby for two.
add in a jeffries, an SG, a pg and im set for the start of next season

Yep and the majority of deals are set that in 2015 the knicks could keep or subtract as needed and not be in cap hell. I love the signs that the knicks organization is being smarter than it use to be.

Sage

Rotation player
Whew! When I first read your thread title, I thought he had
quit! You know, resign? :sweat:

Yeah it would be great if people knew the difference between re-sign and resign. :thumbsup:

Glad he's sticking around, although he really needs to develop a dribble and ability to move without the ball.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
most dangerous 3 point shooter in the game, also shown he can step a bit inside the line and hit some 2's dudes a deadly shooter and in this system he's $$$ for sure. Glad he's back, he's glad he's back now were in business. this offseason is looking golden bought in important championship pieces and bringing back vital pieces. Novakcaine!!!! is it october yet?

STAT1

Starter
Good news strikes twice tonight! Good to have Novak locked up for the longterm, he is a very valuable role player to have & his contract is very reasonable. People underestimate chemistry on teams sometimes. To me, Novak is 1 of the guys who will add tremendously over the term of his contract to the overall chemistry & balance of the team. Great signing by Grunwald IMO.

Paul1355

All Star
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS Novak's deal with the Knicks is for $15 million over four years with no options.

I don;t think this contract was too much...this guy is one dimensional but he is LIGHTS OUT from outside and a must for our team which sucked in overall 3 point shooting.

We need Novak and he makes everything from Downtown, he should work on his dribbling and ability to run the floor.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
Now Woodie just needs to figure out how to get him open. I mean I understand the value of having him in the corner to free up Lin taking it to the rim, but could we run him off a screen once in a while? Regular season is one thing, but nobody will leave him remotely open in the playoffs

CA7

Scoring Champ
If Woodson looks at how the Sacramento Kings used Peja and has Novak become Peja 2.0 then he'll get us 2-3 3's a game easy

Kiyaman

Legend
and he boxout too

Great news....the way Lebron & D.Wade were defending Novak like a shadow in the playoffs .. my first thought was the Miami Heat was going to sign a no-Birds-Right Novak in the offseason.

One down two more to go .. Novak/Fields/Lin .. a win-win-win trio lineup of role-players to have in a rotation.

Great news....the way Lebron & D.Wade were defending Novak like a shadow in the playoffs .. my first thought was the Miami Heat was going to sign a no-Birds-Right Novak in the offseason.

One down two more to go .. Novak/Fields/Lin .. a win-win-win trio lineup of role-players to have in a rotation.

That's where Novak is invaluable, you have to basically face mask him all game so this allows no help defense on the where he is at. Expect a lot of plays to be drawn around where Novak is spotting up since you cannot leave him at all.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Crazy⑧s;240883 said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

The Garden remains hooked on Novakaine. Didn't expect him to garner that much cash though, seriously. Still, when you're the best in the biz at something...........Reap what's sewn.

What's enjoyable is that he WANTED to come back. He was well received here as a come out of nowhere clutch bomber. Linsanity got him the views, but that game VS Dallas was his absolute coming out party, or at least what REALLY established him...

Any talk of what he's been working on in the offseason?

After I caught up with Steve Novak about the early Bird rights ruling and its impact on his Knicks' future, we reflected on his breakthrough season, talked about his summer and looked ahead to the fall.

Here's our conversation:

Q: When you look back on your time with the Knicks, what do you pinpoint as the reasons for getting to this point in your career where you're an attractive free agent?
Novak: I really do think that if I was a rookie on this team, I just don't think that I would've had the success that I did. I think I had to mature a lot, for sure, over the last five years. I do think it was a process for me and I think that the stars did align a little bit in the sense that I think for me I was ready for an opportunity, and I think the Knicks worked good for me. Obviously, I think the team complemented each other very much. I think I played very well off of Jeremy [Lin] and I think vice versa. If you're not ready for the opportunity when it comes, it just kind of comes and goes. So I think a lot of it had to do with timing and taking advantage of an opportunity.

Q: When you saw, your friend, Shane Battier and the Miami Heat win the championship, were there any things that triggered ways you and the Knicks should prepare for next season?
Novak: I really do think that we made strides this year. We didn't make it as far as we wanted. I think that first round was obviously a tough series for us with Iman [Shumpert] and Amare [Stoudemire] and Baron [Davis], and those guys going down -- and Tyson [Chandler] being as sick as a dog in that first game. I'm not saying that if we were at full strength we would've beat them, but there's no doubt in my mind if we were at full strength, we would've had a much, much better shot at beating them. I think we're cultured to winning a championship than a first-round loss. That's how I feel.

Q: Have you been training at Marquette? I know you spend a lot of time at your alma mater in the offseason.
Novak: For sure. Pretty much, every summer I come back home to Milwaukee and see the family and work out at Marquette every day.

Q: What are you working on in the gym?
Novak: I don't think that I'll ever become like a drastically different player, obviously at this stage in my career. Some summers have just been really getting my shot up quicker or something strictly related to my shot. But this summer, for me, my focus is definitely putting the ball on the floor more, whether it be one dribble or two, or going to the hoop and drawing fouls and that kind of stuff. I think my big emphasis is going to be upper-body strength and just being more comfortable putting the ball on the floor.

Q: I've always enjoyed watching your pre-game routine. It's very meticulous and focuses on different moves leading into your shot. How did you come up with that?
Novak: To be honest, it's kind of something that myself and [Knicks assistant coach] Kenny Atkinson sort of just evolved. I think a lot of it is routine. I always just really want to have the same routine before every game, and I've always been a routine kind of guy. Part of it is really just feel. Sometimes when we get out there, we do maybe a little bit more if we had two days off, or if it was a back-to-back, we'd do a little less. But generally, it's just kind of something we put together at the beginning of the season and it worked good for us.

Q: By the way, congrats on Marquette players Jae Crowder and Darius Johnson-Odom getting drafted by the Mavericks and Lakers?
Novak: Yeah. I talked to both of them and I'm excited for them; they're going to have a good time. I think those teams are going to be good fits, and I think that they're both in great spots for their games. I hope that they stick.

Q: So I gotta ask, do you have any crazy fishing adventures coming up like Jared Jeffries just had?
Novak: [laughs] That was pretty funny. I'll tell you what. Jeremy actually just saw that stuff. I was texting him and I was like, "Did you see that stuff we were tweeting or what?" And he finally tweeted back. He tweeted me something to us: "@JaredZwerling statistics show people lose followers everytime they interact with @stevenovak20 on twitter lol. Be careful!" I was like, "Jeez, man, that was pretty mean."

Q: Have you had a chance to enjoy the summer a little bit?
Novak: Yeah. We pretty much stay in Milwaukee for most of the summer. We get away a little bit every now and then, but for the most part we're just here to see the family and hang out.

Q: How's the little one and his jumpshot coming?
Novak: He's good. [Mack] will be two this month. That's really why we're here, to see the family and just keep the workouts going. We have a lot of fun and we relax, too. It's good for the body.

Q: Will you be back in New York in August?
Novak: Yeah, I mean that would be definitely the step two after I sign. I think that would be the time. I think coach Woody is going to have us doing some type of running thing earlier, and that will probably be a few weeks before training camp.

Q: What did you think of Mike Woodson coming back?
Novak: I think it's great. I think that he showed obviously what he brings to the team when he took over, and I think he's a great fit.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/category/_/name/steve-novak
:gony:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Good lawd that's alot of money and 3balls for Nova, hopefully dude will be knocking them down and improves on his defense.

I don't know if it's too much, maybe just right. Guy came in and dropped treys for us last year to keep us in games. Some games, we were down many points, Novak would come in and start draining the trey buckets, we're right back in the game.

Great pick-up, guys gonna come in and be a deadly animal.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
After I caught up with Steve Novak about the early Bird rights ruling and its impact on his Knicks' future, we reflected on his breakthrough season, talked about his summer and looked ahead to the fall.

Here's our conversation:

Q: When you look back on your time with the Knicks, what do you pinpoint as the reasons for getting to this point in your career where you're an attractive free agent?
Novak: I really do think that if I was a rookie on this team, I just don't think that I would've had the success that I did. I think I had to mature a lot, for sure, over the last five years. I do think it was a process for me and I think that the stars did align a little bit in the sense that I think for me I was ready for an opportunity, and I think the Knicks worked good for me. Obviously, I think the team complemented each other very much. I think I played very well off of Jeremy [Lin] and I think vice versa. If you're not ready for the opportunity when it comes, it just kind of comes and goes. So I think a lot of it had to do with timing and taking advantage of an opportunity.

Q: When you saw, your friend, Shane Battier and the Miami Heat win the championship, were there any things that triggered ways you and the Knicks should prepare for next season?
Novak: I really do think that we made strides this year. We didn't make it as far as we wanted. I think that first round was obviously a tough series for us with Iman [Shumpert] and Amare [Stoudemire] and Baron [Davis], and those guys going down -- and Tyson [Chandler] being as sick as a dog in that first game. I'm not saying that if we were at full strength we would've beat them, but there's no doubt in my mind if we were at full strength, we would've had a much, much better shot at beating them. I think we're cultured to winning a championship than a first-round loss. That's how I feel.

Q: Have you been training at Marquette? I know you spend a lot of time at your alma mater in the offseason.
Novak: For sure. Pretty much, every summer I come back home to Milwaukee and see the family and work out at Marquette every day.

Q: What are you working on in the gym?
Novak: I don't think that I'll ever become like a drastically different player, obviously at this stage in my career. Some summers have just been really getting my shot up quicker or something strictly related to my shot. But this summer, for me, my focus is definitely putting the ball on the floor more, whether it be one dribble or two, or going to the hoop and drawing fouls and that kind of stuff. I think my big emphasis is going to be upper-body strength and just being more comfortable putting the ball on the floor.

Q: I've always enjoyed watching your pre-game routine. It's very meticulous and focuses on different moves leading into your shot. How did you come up with that?
Novak: To be honest, it's kind of something that myself and [Knicks assistant coach] Kenny Atkinson sort of just evolved. I think a lot of it is routine. I always just really want to have the same routine before every game, and I've always been a routine kind of guy. Part of it is really just feel. Sometimes when we get out there, we do maybe a little bit more if we had two days off, or if it was a back-to-back, we'd do a little less. But generally, it's just kind of something we put together at the beginning of the season and it worked good for us.

Q: By the way, congrats on Marquette players Jae Crowder and Darius Johnson-Odom getting drafted by the Mavericks and Lakers?
Novak: Yeah. I talked to both of them and I'm excited for them; they're going to have a good time. I think those teams are going to be good fits, and I think that they're both in great spots for their games. I hope that they stick.

Q: So I gotta ask, do you have any crazy fishing adventures coming up like Jared Jeffries just had?
Novak: [laughs] That was pretty funny. I'll tell you what. Jeremy actually just saw that stuff. I was texting him and I was like, "Did you see that stuff we were tweeting or what?" And he finally tweeted back. He tweeted me something to us: "@JaredZwerling statistics show people lose followers everytime they interact with @stevenovak20 on twitter lol. Be careful!" I was like, "Jeez, man, that was pretty mean."

Q: Have you had a chance to enjoy the summer a little bit?
Novak: Yeah. We pretty much stay in Milwaukee for most of the summer. We get away a little bit every now and then, but for the most part we're just here to see the family and hang out.

Q: How's the little one and his jumpshot coming?
Novak: He's good. [Mack] will be two this month. That's really why we're here, to see the family and just keep the workouts going. We have a lot of fun and we relax, too. It's good for the body.

Q: Will you be back in New York in August?
Novak: Yeah, I mean that would be definitely the step two after I sign. I think that would be the time. I think coach Woody is going to have us doing some type of running thing earlier, and that will probably be a few weeks before training camp.

Q: What did you think of Mike Woodson coming back?
Novak: I think it's great. I think that he showed obviously what he brings to the team when he took over, and I think he's a great fit.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/category/_/name/steve-novak
:gony:

Perfect! Thank you.

I don't know if it's too much, maybe just right. Guy came in and dropped treys for us last year to keep us in games. Some games, we were down many points, Novak would come in and start draining the trey buckets, we're right back in the game.

Great pick-up, guys gonna come in and be a deadly animal.

He better, that's all he's really good at. I also want him to improve his defense...I saw a lil bit of good footwork in some of his defensive game last season, I'll like to see him improve on that. Truthfully, I don't want him doing anything else on offense...just continue to spread the floor and knock down that shot. He's only worth it if his 3ball is consistant. :crossfingers:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
He better, that's all he's really good at. I also want him to improve his defense...I saw a lil bit of good footwork in some of his defensive game last season, I'll like to see him improve on that. Truthfully, I don't want him doing anything else on offense...just continue to spread the floor and knock down that shot. He's only worth it if his 3ball is consistant. :crossfingers:

Consistency is his middle name. It's Steve Consistency Novak, Steve C. Novak.

He proved himself on the big stage in New York last season. If he can handle the Garden, he can handle anything.

I like that little dribble and step-in he does for the long Two Bucket.

And on defense he is not so weak , I remember watching him last season, I was paying careful attention, he's not a push over.

RealNYK78

Rookie
DMX Voice..."HERE WE GO AGAIN"

You Guarantee millions dollar over 4 yrs to a guy who can't get open on a regular basis LOL WTF NBA Free agency is so overrated LOL...he getting more coming off the bench to shoot..but JR Smith is gonna be ask do something he never done before which is start at half the price...Playing NY n White with a nickname means you get over 14million LOL..wow..I'm going to Brooklyn Nets..being i live 5 min away..Walking over to Mangeto side I can't be X-Men no more..DONE!!!!

You Guarantee millions dollar over 4 yrs to a guy who can't get open on a regular basis LOL WTF NBA Free agency is so overrated LOL...he getting more coming off the bench to shoot..but JR Smith is gonna be ask do something he never done before which is start at half the price...Playing NY n White with a nickname means you get over 14million LOL..wow..I'm going to Brooklyn Nets..being i live 5 min away..Walking over to Mangeto side I can't be X-Men no more..DONE!!!!

...Bye Bitch