Stephen A Smith on ESPN right now....

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Stephen A Smith is pure comedy, he is on the Nets Bandwagon at the moment.

Look at it this way

the Brooklyn Nets are the New Shiny toy in New York that people want to see and admire

Eventually this New Toy will die down and People will be back on the right side of the track. :gony:

If Dwight is traded to the Nets.. so be it let the War begin

WeReady

Benchwarmer
currently roasting the knicks saying the tandem of the deron williams /joe johnson is the best back court in the nba lopez is better than chandler as a scoring option and humpries is better than amare underrated intangibles south as defense and rebounding, said we didn't notice because we all were distracted with the kim kardashian stories

he says that he questions the knicks because of the health of amare due to his bad knees and bad back to much hope and should would couldas on the knicks roster and questions

if amare returns to form he goes on to say we would clearly be better than the nets and number 2 in the east but he questions his health and i.q

goes on to say no one is going to beat the heat with the addition of ray allen but if the trade were to go down between magic and heat brooklyn would realistically be the only team to give the heat run for their money

Also says that at best the knicks are a bottom 4 team list brooklyn, chicago, pacers, miami, and miliwalkee are better than knicks

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
currently roasting the knicks saying the tandem of the deron williams /joe johnson is the best back court in the nba lopez is better than chandler as a scoring option and humpries is better than amare underrated intangibles south as defense and rebounding, said we didn't notice because we all were distracted with the kim kardashian stories

he says that he questions the knicks because of the health of amare due to his bad knees and bad back to much hope and should would couldas on the knicks roster and questions

if amare returns to form he goes on to say we would clearly be better than the nets and number 2 in the east but he questions his health and i.q

goes on to say no one is going to beat the heat with the addition of ray allen but if the trade were to go down between magic and heat brooklyn would realistically be the only team to give the heat run for their money

Also says that at best the knicks are a bottom 4 team list brooklyn, chicago, pacers, miami, and miliwalkee are better than knicks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, exciting young team, good athleticism, dont think many people are putting them in a top 4 or 5 category though... nice try Screamin A

Paul1355

All Star
Man.....he is killing us!!!! lol straight up mockery! :teeth:

I usually agree with Steven A but to say that the Nets are better than the Knicks without Dwight is just nonesense.

He doesn't think Lin is legit because he only played 25 games which again is nonesense...he doesn't remember how dominate Lin was and took over games single handedly.

With Dwight Nets are better but I think the Knicks can still be better in year 1 because chemistry doesn't form over night

CA7

Scoring Champ
Nets are better how though

They still need to create chemistry, they dont have role players like we do.

They also lack a true go to Superstar

Dwight is a liability because he cant hit FT's and D-Will isn't really the aggressive type

I still say Knicks>Nets

STAT1

Starter

Dwight is a liability because he cant hit FT's and D-Will isn't really the aggressive type

I still say Knicks>Nets

Deron is 1 of the best clutch shot makers in the game & is definitely a superstar. They will have to form chemistry that's true. I would imagine they would go through their growing pains just like the Knicks did with so many new players joining their roster, but when they click they will be a definite force to reckon with. I just hope something weird happens & their trade for Dwight gets spoiled by some other team like the Rockets. That would make me happy to no end.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Deron is 1 of the best clutch shot makers in the game & is definitely a superstar. They will have to form chemistry that's true. I would imagine they would go through their growing pains just like the Knicks did with so many new players joining their roster, but when they click they will be a definite force to reckon with. I just hope something weird happens & their trade for Dwight gets spoiled by some other team like the Rockets. That would make me happy to no end.

While Deron is great he isn't an Alpha Male type player and Dwight is easy to contain for us since we have Chandler and Camby

I just like our chances whether or not they get D12

Paul1355

All Star

I still say Knicks>Nets

D Will is the go to man in that lineup

But I agree that they do not have chemistry, even the Heat needed a full season.

They do have role players actually. Jason Richardson would come to the Nets since the Magic want to dump his salary. Chris Duhon would come over and Mirza Teletovic looks legit.

They have a decent 7 man rotation since I don't consider Duhon decent after he stunk up the joint when he left NY. However Tyshaun Taylor might be good as well.

They have a good team but they need time to get chemistry and so much pressure will be on Dwight, the spotlight is brighter than ever before. I hope the pressure eats him up alive.

People underestimate what Lin, Kidd, and Camby will do to help this team win. They have no idea. We have 8 guys that can be starters on any team.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
the x-factor in this entire thing is the health of STAT in which Stephen A is correct about. For two consecutive years STAT has been out due to injury if he can get his health together and play like he did in early 2010 then we would no doubt be the #2 team in the east however that is a BIG IF

the nets pieces just complement each other better you have to admit that and they have rugged rebounding and defending in reggie evans, wallace is a former all-star and they have the european guy comming over that is supposedly good

on our team
Carmelo=STAT they are both one-dimensional players without defined roles. And if STAT's ego dosen't take a step back and let carmelo take over the team like wade did for lebron we are not going make it out the first round again plus Tyson and Stat get in each others ways a lot so i hope woodson fixes our spacing issues

STAT1

Starter
While Deron is great he isn't an Alpha Male type player and Dwight is easy to contain for us since we have Chandler and Camby

Right, I was thinking about that yesterday too. Tyson has always played Dwight tough & Camby is going to give us a guy who can keep the defensive pressure on him throughout the rest of the game. We also have more bench depth overall with Camby, Kidd, Novak & likely JR Smith & Jeffries.

WeReady said:
the x-factor in this entire thing is the health of STAT in which Stephen A is correct about. For two consecutive years STAT has been out due to injury if he can get his health together and play like he did in early 2010 then we would no doubt be the #2 team in the east however that is a BIG IF

STAT's health is definitely a major factor next year. Even still though, the Knicks played excellent basketball last year when STAT was out with Melo playing out of the 4 position. In many ways, I thought the ball movement was a lot better & more fluid with Novak playing bigger minutes at the 3. Your second point about how Melo & STAT will be able to play off one another next season & Woodson figuring out how to get these guys spacing is probably the biggest factors in determining this team's success next season.

Deron Williams isn't an Alpha Male?

tumblr_m6rq21aMem1rsbqnp.gif

Kiyaman

Legend

Stephen A. Smith has lost his mind .. Lopez & Humphries dont equal half of Amare skills/talent.... Kidd & Lin offense will speed-up the tempo of each game so Amare could average his 16 FGA per game slashing to the hoop like "Karl Malone" shootin 55% from the FG, and 5 FTA from the line.
A happy scoring Amare rebounds, play defense, and stay healthy.

The Knicks nightmare is Shump ACL injury .. which makes matching Toronto & Houston offersheet to 6.7 Fields & 6.4 Lin a no-brainer vs 6.6 JJ & 6.4 Deron.

I still believe Ray Allan & Richard Hamilton need to retire to coaching in the NBA.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Stephen A. Smith has lost his mind .. Lopez & Humphries dont equal half of Amare skills/talent.... Kidd & Lin offense will speed-up the tempo of each game so Amare could average his 16 FGA per game slashing to the hoop like "Karl Malone" shootin 55% from the FG, and 5 FTA from the line.
A happy scoring Amare rebounds, play defense, and stay healthy.

The Knicks nightmare is Shump ACL injury .. which makes matching Toronto & Houston offersheet to 6.7 Fields & 6.4 Lin a no-brainer vs 6.6 JJ & 6.4 Deron.

I still believe Ray Allan & Richard Hamilton need to retire to coaching in the NBA.

:teeth:

Kiya, where did that last part come from!!!???:teeth:

Nets won't match it with us in a series. Mobb DEEP is far and away better than it was last year, and we'll have some time to work on and incorporate some of those cognitive plays we so often yearned for under D'Antoni, but rarely saw at opportune or necessary times.

Shump's ahead of schedule on his rehab, even heard it said that November isn't out of the question, which seems a bit ambitious all the same. He's the crucial component defensively in the back-court for such a heavy offensive starting 5 of Lin, Melo and Stoudemire. We need that O to D equilibrium to be our staple - rely on stops and have a sense of unity and understanding when our best 5 are on the court defensively.

JR Smith and STAT are our X factors in either unit, and if they're encompassed in to the offensive game plan in a way that suits them, I think the remaining concerns about defense and control for these 2 will ultimately be worked out.

★ Have to say that I'm still a little concerned about what Woody has in store for this team offensively, even though defense, as it is and always should be, is the key.

I agree with you, Kiya, that an offensively well fed Stoudemire will play better defensively and hit the glass harder.:thumbsup: