So is it possible to make a run Chirs Paul next year?

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
With all the moves the Nets are making, we have to improve our team, but the question is do we have the cap space?

WeReady

Benchwarmer
not possible we are going to match lin doubt clippers take him back in a sign and trade
the only reason paul is opting out is to make the most money since clippers own his bird rights just like deron williams did this year with the nets

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
If the Nets can be over the cap and still pull off a trade for Dwight, anything is possible and there is always a chance to get Paul. I do agree, that he did it to get more money next year though, but you never know. Who woulda thought Ray Allen woulda screwed the Celtics and jumped in the Heat bandwagon...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Chris Paul passed on a chance to sign a three-year extension with the Clippers this summer.

"I'll wait until next summer to decide everything," Paul said. "It's funny, ESPN doesn't put at the bottom of the ticker, like why you don't do the three-year."

Paul declined, he said, with the intention of signing a five-year, $108 million extension in 2013.

"I'm excited about our future,? Paul said. ?Bringing in Jamal (Crawford), and obviously getting Chauncey (Billups) back. Everybody knows how I feel about that. That was huge."

Billups is set to sign a one-year, $4.3 million offer sheet when the free-agency moratorium lifts on July 11.

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPNLosAngeles

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Of_Five_Year_Deal_With_Clippers#ixzz209v4pxli

I don't see him leaving the clippers he seems satisfied there.

If we did trade for CP3 i have no doubt we will be losing Lin, Shump, Novak future picks etc etc

Forrest17

Rotation player
Man forget paul.

Lin is the only Star the Knicks have had that was synonymous with our team since ewing.

With Paul he will just be another star moving to a big market team for more exposure. Boring.

Lin is a story, a star, a good guy that people who aren't even Knicks fans root for.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
I think we already missed our chance to get CP3 when we opted for Melo signing back in the day. It's tough but I really don't see CP3 coming to NY

Not sure if it's possible. But if our current team doesn't reach it's expectations I wouldn't be suprised if the Knicks/Melo made some crafty moves to bring in CP3. It wouldn't hurt our chances at winning a chip thats 4sure.

metrocard

Legend
Man forget paul.

Lin is the only Star the Knicks have had that was synonymous with our team since ewing.

With Paul he will just be another star moving to a big market team for more exposure. Boring.

Lin is a story, a star, a good guy that people who aren't even Knicks fans root for.

I like the Knicksism you got going, but you can never say forget Chris Paul. Dude is the best guard in the NBA.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
If the Nets can be over the cap and still pull off a trade for Dwight, anything is possible and there is always a chance to get Paul. I do agree, that he did it to get more money next year though, but you never know. Who woulda thought Ray Allen woulda screwed the Celtics and jumped in the Heat bandwagon...

Interesting, but Paul would need to demand to be traded to the Knicks, similar to Carmelo....and now Howard. If it's to be a free agent signing, Knicks don't really have to much leverage to threaten a sign and trade. With the news that Griffin has re-upped, Paul maybe a Clipper for a few more seasons.

Paul1355

All Star
Interesting, but Paul would need to demand to be traded to the Knicks, similar to Carmelo....and now Howard. If it's to be a free agent signing, Knicks don't really have to much leverage to threaten a sign and trade. With the news that Griffin has re-upped, Paul maybe a Clipper for a few more seasons.

Paul lives in LA and is playing with a budding star in Blake Griffin and they have great pieces around them. He doesn't have to leave to be successful and the Clips are becoming a big market team now that Paul brought them out of purgatory.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
1. We can't afford cp3 unless we dump one of our enormous contracts in stat, melo, and chandler.
2. Cp3 already said several times he wants to stay in la. Why would he want to recruit billups so hard back on the clippers if he isn't willing to stay himself?

All these threads about getting superstars like cp3 and dwight howard are pipe dreams.

1. We can't afford cp3 unless we dump one of our enormous contracts in stat, melo, and chandler.
2. Cp3 already said several times he wants to stay in la. Why would he want to recruit billups so hard back on the clippers if he isn't willing to stay himself?

All these threads about getting superstars like cp3 and dwight howard are pipe dreams.

+1..

We got our Max money guys. Time to make it work with what we have.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
This year is the make or break year. Stat is NO longer the main guy in NY. This is Melo's team and push come to shove if any one of our BIG contracts would be moved well now you know who. To make it happen is NOT out of the question, anything can be done. With a S&T from L.A. to N.Y. CP3 could be a part of the Knicks very easily.

Now really why would CP3 come out and say I want to be a New York Knick when his current contract is with the Clippers. Why would he put himself in a negative business situation by stating something like that. He has to keep his best interests close to his vest, not open to the public to be scrutinized. We all know he wants to play with Melo, that is public knowledge. When the time comes, after this season he will have that choice to sign the extension he is reluctant to sign right now or ask for a trade to New York.

But the doors on him joining Melo in NY is NOT out of the question!

Paul1355

All Star
Only way we have a shot at Paul is if we can trade Lin for him and some other players...but I DOUBT any of that will ever happen.

Paul is part of a very good team in LA! He is staying there, especailly since Blake Griffin just signed a 5 year extension.

We have a solid team. And people underestimate Lin.

Lin is not Paul but Lin can be an allstar.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Only way we have a shot at Paul is if we can trade Lin for him and some other players...but I DOUBT any of that will ever happen.

Paul is part of a very good team in LA! He is staying there, especailly since Blake Griffin just signed a 5 year extension.

We have a solid team. And people underestimate Lin.

Lin is not Paul but Lin can be an allstar.

if Lin can play fairly well this season, we would have a chance at a trade with the clips if chris paul goes all dwight on the clips