Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JR Swish resigned

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I really wanted Mayo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I really wanted Mayo
    I would have very much liked to have Mayo on board, too. I think an added year of maturity under the guidance of Woody, I believe that JR Smith can become something more than Mayo. Circumstantial and resting on hope, but if he can be reined in, JR Smith can (hopefully will) become what he's always been capable of becoming, and I think that's something better than what Mayo can become.

If not better, then on par. They're both underachieving, IMO.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I would have very much liked to have Mayo on board, too. I think an added year of maturity under the guidance of Woody, I believe that JR Smith can become something more than Mayo. Circumstantial and resting on hope, but if he can be reined in, JR Smith can (hopefully will) become what he's always been capable of becoming, and I think that's something better than what Mayo can become.

If not better, then on par. They're both underachieving, IMO.
    Yeah it makes me a bit worried that we have to potentially rely on JR Smith for half the season. But he has shown strides.

WE CAN STILL HOPE!!!!

I hope we will start Kidd at the 2 and have J.R. come off the bench if this is in fact our last guard signing.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Wow, J.R. Smith.

My roster prediction is almost exact. All that's left is Lin.

Veteran

Great, I'm glad we kept him. We are going to need skilled players with some heart and durability at the guard positions. A very smart move in resigning JR.

Solid pick-up for a very good price.

I'm not his biggest fan but you can't go wrong with JR SWAGBALLS at 2.8m$.

Needed JR. Got him at a bargain price.

LIN, KIDD, SMITH, SHUMP is much better than what we've had... But still, there are questions. Def. could use Randy Foye. Dare to dream.

Default Proof NBA have a list of...

Knuckle Heads they won't give $$$$ too...but this deal make sense but again No one in 8 yrs let Smith start...They still need a defensive guard for the perimeter...Funny Lin 29 million..Novak n Fields over 10 million..and JR Smith deal is lowest but he most talented LOL...

Veteran

Originally Posted by RealNYK78
    Knuckle Heads they won't give $$$$ too...but this deal make sense but again No one in 8 yrs let Smith start...They still need a defensive guard for the perimeter...Funny Lin 29 million..Novak n Fields over 10 million..and JR Smith deal is lowest but he most talented LOL...
    Yes we stole JR from right under the noses of all the NBA teams that could have offered him more money........wonder why they did not ?
    PLEASE DO NOT LET HIM BE OUR STARTING SG......OFF THE BENCH WITH THE KIDD WITH CAMBY

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Full Baked.

Default I wouldn't stay steal...

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Yes we stole JR from right under the noses of all the NBA teams that could have offered him more money........wonder why they did not ?
    PLEASE DO NOT LET HIM BE OUR STARTING SG......OFF THE BENCH WITH THE KIDD WITH CAMBY

There a reason Coach in Denver always have him in the doghouse..and Twiiter stuff doesn't help n beefing with Rapper girls..It shows NBA GM watch who they wanna watch n pay..Can u put his highlight next Fields n Novak for their whole careers n say he worth less LOL but We still need 2 Guard..not Mayo

Veteran

Originally Posted by RealNYK78
    There a reason Coach in Denver always have him in the doghouse..and Twiiter stuff doesn't help n beefing with Rapper girls..It shows NBA GM watch who they wanna watch n pay..Can u put his highlight next Fields n Novak for their whole careers n say he worth less LOL but We still need 2 Guard..not Mayo
    Novak serves a very big purpose...he is being paid to make 3 pointers 50% of the time....so thats a specialty.....

Fields got used as a pawn by the raptors and ended up instead of being offered 7.5 for 3 years ended up with 20 million....he his the lottery and should take his agent for a sweet night on the town...

JR has played enough in the league and has logged many minutes...for NO NBA TEAM to make him an offer should tell us something.....

The dude could have issues, but he can ball, for 2.8 mil it's a steal. Man, what a great offseason we are having. Can't wait to see what happens next, there is still room in the roster after all the pieces that got traded for Camby, lets gooooo