Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knicks Starting To Look Like The NBA Retirement Home

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This is pretty much a poorly thought out thread that's useless and should be aborted.

Camby is top ten in his position.
    Kidd is an elite PURE PG.

Jorts and Douglas would never have give us what these men are going to give us for 3 seasons.

Age is timeless with Jason and Marcus, they get by with their skill, awareness and overall talent that isnt deminished if you saw them play last season.
    this pretty much closed the thread for me. nothing more to say. well said bro

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    One of the reasons we lost alot of winnable games last season was because the team couldn't close out a quarter or defend the lead. With the addition of Camby and Kidd, we have 2 guys that have a high basketball IQ. They may be up in age but they understand how to win games and hopefully that rubs off on some of our key players.
    I dont think this can be stated enough. Our basketball IQ was truly lacking last season. Not switching properly, stupid fouls, not capitalizing when a teams in foul trouble, TURNOVERS, arguing calls instead of getting back up court, punching fire extinguishers(may not be just basketball IQ, IQ in general) and just the overall dumb mental lapses that cost us through out the season. Bringing guys in like Kidd and Camby only helps that. Kidd is a proven floor general. He may not be at peak physical prowess, but you best believe that mind of his has only become stronger. Kidds impact is going to go way beyond the stat sheet. Hes a teacher. Camby? You wont find a guy who hustles more and just plays the game like its meant to be played the way he does anymore. These guys cant hurt us only make us stronger, and its not like they are coming here with the expectations of being the saviors. They just add Depth, Leadership, and IQ to a team that needs it. Couple that with a full offseason and coach who like to teach D and we could have something here.

Oh btw OP, Baron davis?! Youre gunna compare Baron Davis, who would continually report to camps overweight and out of overall basket shape, to A guy like Jkidd? A proven champion and a guy who has been known to take exceptional care of his body? Im not hating on BD, but when you continually fluxuate in the way you take care of yourself the wear and tear catches up to you a bit faster.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Thank you for the kind words.
    Hey...Reap what you sew!

We'll find out if Melo can be a winner this year. More than just a scorer. Look for a MONSTER campaign.
    I firmly believe that all the torture he put himself through coupled with what D'Antoni put him through, the boos, the "can Melo play with Jeremy Lin/Melo ruined Linsanity" etc. is precisely what he needed.

I'd like to think that he's been forced in to maturation and humbled by the passionate and unforgiving city.

A big campaign - I PREY - could be ahead indeed, and now he has the leadership around him to help him achieve that maturation, not only mentally, but in to his game, too. Become the player he should be, to be the leader and contributor he can be.

I think we finish as the 2 or 3 seed. We'll get pas the 1st round and then battle NYJ or BOS in the 2nd round. From there... anything is possible. If we get to the Eastern Conf, face MIA... I would say things have fallen into place. Anything can happen then.
    Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Originally Posted by mafra

KEYS: LIN has to be a player. Not great. Just good. We cannot afford PG to be a weakness. The position must orchestrate the offense and get the most out of our front court. If PG is a strength... WATCH OUT. SHUMP has to return to form and be ready to go & balin' come April. KIDD & CAMBY stay fresh and on the court. AND AMARE MUST RETURN to the player he was the 1st half of 2010-2011.

If all this happens... Carmelo will do his part and NYK will have a 50+ win season and compete for a title.
    We need a P&R/P&P between Lin and STAT with a consistent jumper involved and we are loving it. Kidd will hook Amar'e up for looks unquestionably, and the 3 of them could very well provide that consistent O that helps this team maintain leads.

We really need Melo's off the ball game to step out of the doldrums of lethargy, too. With that heavy body can get himself open much easier than strolling along the baseline to receive the ball where he likes it. I wanna see that **** cut down on unless he's caught fire.

I could go on talking about this forever....

Stick around, mafrattack!

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    One of the reasons we lost alot of winnable games last season was because the team couldn't close out a quarter or defend the lead. With the addition of Camby and Kidd, we have 2 guys that have a high basketball IQ. They may be up in age but they understand how to win games and hopefully that rubs off on some of our key players.

Chandler
    Amare
    Melo
    JR (Shump)
    Lin

Camby
    (possibly Jeffries... or any vet min/amnesty player)
    Novak
    JR
    Kidd

This looks solid and balanced to me.
    WTF have you been!?

Im liking camby because he was on the legendary 99 squad and left it on the court unlike hitch Ewing who sat with a sore pinky

well if these guys are done in their careers, there were other interested teams and the Heat wanted Camby as well

Nitpicking nitpicking nitpicking...

Lol, ya'll some Dwight Howards up in here. I was mostly joking. Mostly.

I'm concerned that they look like the Celtics. One young PG leading a bunch of old timers only to make it a little further in the playoffs.

How is Kidd going to motivate the team in the locker room? Show them the movie, Cocoon?

But at the very least Kidd will put Melo in check, that's why he is better than Nash.

Originally Posted by GoKnicks!

I'm concerned that they look like the Celtics. One young PG leading a bunch of old timers only to make it a little further in the playoffs.

How is Kidd going to motivate the team in the locker room? Show them the movie, Cocoon?

But at the very least Kidd will put Melo in check, that's why he is better than Nash.

Melo, TC, JR, Shump and Amare aren't old timers. You do know that, right?

That young PG brought them to the finals a couple times and brought them a chip and those old timers were Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and KG.