Thread: Ronnie Brewer

Hybrid View

Default Ronnie Brewer

He just became UFA maybe we could start him at the 2 that way we can keep J.R. as the sixth man where he's at his best.

Originally Posted by FrazierVocab
    He just became UFA maybe we could start him at the 2 that way we can keep J.R. as the sixth man where he's at his best.
    Brewer addresses a decent backup that can play solid defense until Shump returns. He does not have a good outside shot so I would rather a player that can knock down an outside shot to spread the floor for the couple of minutes they come in.

But for vet min I would like this move.

Love his defense, but the floor spacing will be back to square 1... maybe even worse than when Fields was here. Brewer shot 27% from three point land last season, if he's coming off the bench and playing the SF position i like it but i think we would be better with a knock down shooter at the 2G.

Bringing in Brewer we are Grizzlies 2.0, but the Grizzlies can get away with having a defensive SG like tony Allen because Gasol, Gay, Conley and Randolph can all make things happen on the offensive end. Brewer + Chandler? Amazing defensive intensity but the floor spacing is worse than before and makes us easier to guard. Don't even let me bring up his poor FT shooting *face palm*

Vet Min for brewer and make him play backup SF or GTFO

Kidd
    JR
    Brewer
    Novak
    Camby
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 10, 2012 at 16:39.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

OWWWW always liked his game, and he's tough on the D good cutter to the basket, decent J. overall good in the rotation to change up defense when JR on the bench for a breather. and keeps the D when Shump gets back. Brewer or Foye would be excellent.

Superstar

jeremy lin is going to start sg. at least until shump returns and then he will come off the bench. jason kidd will be the starting pg

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    jeremy lin is going to start sg. at least until shump returns and then he will come off the bench. jason kidd will be the starting pg
    I actually think it's going to be either the other way around or Kidd will start at the 2 but run the floor more than Lin.

I actually think it's going to be either the other way around or Kidd will start at the 2 but run the floor more than Lin.
    This ^ and Im really starting to like the idea.

Been saying this since Kidd signed...he can guard shooting guards and can get steals he averaged almost 2 a game last season.

Having Kidd and Lin in the backcourt would have no stagnation.

However I believe J.R will start because he chose to sign a cheap deal and the Knicks probably told him he would start if he came cheap for one year. Plus J.R is a better outside shooter so he could spread the floor.

If we can't get Stevenson, then go for Brewer, he's really good defender.

Originally Posted by deamon
    If we can't get Stevenson, then go for Brewer, he's really good defender.
    so many people think Deshawn stevenson is available lol even reporters on twitter...

He was used in a sign and trade for Joe Johnson and he is now on the Hawks so he is not available.

Brewer might be a good option if he sings for vet min, however he would just be there for defense and would be another landry fields type of guard that cant hit an outside shot and spread the floor which leads me to believe we won't go after him.

Jodie Meeks and other cheap 2 guards that can knock down an outside shot are realistic possibilities.