Ronnie Brewer

Paul1355

All Star
He just became UFA maybe we could start him at the 2 that way we can keep J.R. as the sixth man where he's at his best.

Brewer addresses a decent backup that can play solid defense until Shump returns. He does not have a good outside shot so I would rather a player that can knock down an outside shot to spread the floor for the couple of minutes they come in.

But for vet min I would like this move.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Love his defense, but the floor spacing will be back to square 1... maybe even worse than when Fields was here. Brewer shot 27% from three point land last season, if he's coming off the bench and playing the SF position i like it but i think we would be better with a knock down shooter at the 2G.

Bringing in Brewer we are Grizzlies 2.0, but the Grizzlies can get away with having a defensive SG like tony Allen because Gasol, Gay, Conley and Randolph can all make things happen on the offensive end. Brewer + Chandler? Amazing defensive intensity but the floor spacing is worse than before and makes us easier to guard. Don't even let me bring up his poor FT shooting *face palm*

Vet Min for brewer and make him play backup SF or GTFO

Kidd
JR
Brewer
Novak
Camby

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
OWWWW always liked his game, and he's tough on the D good cutter to the basket, decent J. overall good in the rotation to change up defense when JR on the bench for a breather. and keeps the D when Shump gets back. Brewer or Foye would be excellent.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
jeremy lin is going to start sg. at least until shump returns and then he will come off the bench. jason kidd will be the starting pg

Paul1355

All Star
I actually think it's going to be either the other way around or Kidd will start at the 2 but run the floor more than Lin.

Been saying this since Kidd signed...he can guard shooting guards and can get steals he averaged almost 2 a game last season.

Having Kidd and Lin in the backcourt would have no stagnation.

However I believe J.R will start because he chose to sign a cheap deal and the Knicks probably told him he would start if he came cheap for one year. Plus J.R is a better outside shooter so he could spread the floor.

Paul1355

All Star
If we can't get Stevenson, then go for Brewer, he's really good defender.

so many people think Deshawn stevenson is available lol even reporters on twitter...

He was used in a sign and trade for Joe Johnson and he is now on the Hawks so he is not available.

Brewer might be a good option if he sings for vet min, however he would just be there for defense and would be another landry fields type of guard that cant hit an outside shot and spread the floor which leads me to believe we won't go after him.

Jodie Meeks and other cheap 2 guards that can knock down an outside shot are realistic possibilities.

portega1968

El Cacique
so many people think Deshawn stevenson is available lol even reporters on twitter...

He was used in a sign and trade for Joe Johnson and he is now on the Hawks so he is not available.

Brewer might be a good option if he sings for vet min, however he would just be there for defense and would be another landry fields type of guard that cant hit an outside shot and spread the floor which leads me to believe we won't go after him.

Jodie Meeks and other cheap 2 guards that can knock down an outside shot are realistic possibilities.

cosign

except for the following: Brewer might be a good option if he sings for vet min,

deamon

Benchwarmer
I know he's a Hawk, but we can get him by a trade, and you never know, maybe he will be bought out. Just used example of solid defender.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
A source very close to Ronnie Brewer said the Knicks have expressed "some interest" in the six-year swingman. His team last season, the Bulls, didn't pick up his team option of $4.37 million, thereby making him an unrestricted free agent.

Addressing reporters in Las Vegas, Mike Woodson didn't specify which players the Knicks were still looking to sign -- they have a couple of roster spots remaining -- but he said he and Glen Grunwald are looking at a couple of players.

It's likely that with Iman Shumpert out until January -- Woodson did say he believes Shump is ahead of schedule -- the team could be in the market for a combo/shooting guard to play off the bench, especially someone who's athletic and can get to the cup. As of now, James White is the only one.

While Brewer made mid-level money last season with the Bulls, his market value has dropped. According to Nick Friedell of ESPN Chicago, "his biggest issue was that once he started playing starter's minutes in the beginning of the year, he couldn't keep up the same level of play throughout the season. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau got frustrated by the fact that Brewer's shot had gone missing and the veteran guard's game never fully recovered."

Brewer may not be attracted to the Knicks' financial availability of likely only a veteran's minimum contract. But the team could add more money including Dan Gadzuric in a sign-and-trade with the Bulls.

Brewer would not only bring slashing, but also defense (1.4 career steals per game) and shooting. According to Friedell, "he spent all last summer during the lockout working on his jumper and that extra work paid off as he shot the ball with plenty of confidence in Richard Hamilton's absence."

The Knicks still haven't ruled out bringing back Landry Fields, but they realize how expensive he'll be at $20 million over three years. That's the amount on the Raptors' offer sheet, which the Knicks have two more days to match.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/21893/source-nyk-have-interest-in-brewer

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
apparently there is traction to us bringing back fields. Alan hahn was saying he'd be a good trade chip with his contract in 2 years and all unno i still dont really want him. that last year is ridiculous money.

portega1968

El Cacique
Brewer's D is pure money, but its hard to support the signing of a 2guard that is just a terrible shooter. His FTs and 3PTs are cringe-worthy.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Brewer's D is pure money, but its hard to support the signing of a 2guard that is just a terrible shooter. His FTs and 3PTs are cringe-worthy.
I agree he plays lock down Defense, but offensively he is a liability. We need to find a SG that can play D as well as stroke it from the outside (no homo) and keep the defense honest. But i cant lie a defensive lineup of

Kidd
Shump
Brewer
Camby
Chandler

Would shut any team in the league down.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I hope they don't sign this guy. I would honestly rather match Landry's offer sheet than sign this guy. We should try to go after Foye,Jones,Pietrus,Brown in that order or just start Kidd at the 2

Paul1355

All Star

Any different from Fields? Brewer is prob a better stronger defender.

But I think we failed with the experiment of a 2 guard that cant shoot...time for a different type of player