We are WEAK at the SG position

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
NBA News: FA SG Randy Foye wants to go to Chicago and is awaiting a response, before settling for the New York Knicks

edit:Foye is not "settling" for us. He wants to see what Chicago can offer. Seems like its either Knicks or Bulls.

I said this with Jason Kidd choosing us or the Mavs and it worked, he changed his mind.

Hope it works again

"who wouldn't pick us?" :teeth:

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
NBA News: FA SG Randy Foye wants to go to Chicago and is awaiting a response, before settling for the New York Knicks

edit:Foye is not "settling" for us. He wants to see what Chicago can offer. Seems like its either Knicks or Bulls.

I said this with Jason Kidd choosing us or the Mavs and it worked, he changed his mind.

Hope it works again

Yves Darbouze ‏@DonMagicDraper
he should be a lock I hope “@TommyDeeTKB: @DonMagicDraper foye is CAA can start and where is he getting more money?”

Hope it works again

I don't get why he would choose the Bulls, their declining imo.

Who knows, he would get to play with a top 3 PG
Yeah one that is coming off a torn ACL, players are never the same after that type of injury. Which is a problem since Rose's game relies heavily on athleticism and is the go to guy for the Bulls. They struggled on the offensive end throughout all of last season, which should only get worse now. Not to mention they got eliminated in the first round by the Sixers(?) and lost Asik + a few other role players.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Yeah one that is coming off a torn ACL, players are never the same after that type of injury. Which is a problem since Rose's game relies heavily on athleticism and is the go to guy for the Bulls. They struggled on the offensive end throughout all of last season, which should only get worse now. Not to mention they got eliminated in the first round by the Sixers(?) and lost Asik + a few other role players.

Do you think shumpert will reach the same fate or is it going to take 2 years like most analyst project?

petescud

Starter
i think Shump won't be himself till next year, so i'm crossing him off our list this year....Hoping for Delfino but i think he may be too costly....is Shumps $$$ count this year if he doesn't play

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

Hope it works again

Pretty sure the Bulls are closing in on Bellinelli to replace Korver's shooting, hope they grab him because they are cheap as hell. Either way looks like we may end up with Brewer or Foye because the Bulls are pulling a no frills budget offseason.

finestrg

Rotation player
Out of the 4 guys we appear to be interested in, I like them in this order:

(1) Sonny Weems - Big and strong (6'6" 220). Makes us a little younger, a hell of a lot more athletic and the price is right. 4 yrs younger than Delfino.

(2) Carlos Delfino - I like him (respect the defense he always plays on Melo) but will he really settle for the vet minimum? Also, he feels more like a 3 to me -- is he quick/athletic enough to play the 2, guard 2s, etc.?

(3) Randy Foye - Ehh.. Don't love him but he's got value at the vet minimum I suppose. You get the feeling that if Chicago offered him $1 more, he'd go there instead.

(4) Ronnie Brewer - He's athletic enough but man that shooting mechanic of his is ugly. Not an effective offensive player at all. Known for his defense, but ask yourselves: is he really stopping any of the top wings in our conference come playoff time -- LeBron James, D Wade, Paul Pierce, even Ray Allen? I don't see it. And then he's not gonna make these guys work on the other end either..So what's the point then?

-----------------------------------

I just can't understand why we are limiting ourselves to these 4. What about Scotty Hopson (better option than any of the above 4 imho), CDR (same), or Derrick Byars? Remember that guy? Solid at Vandy and he looked good for the Bulls too for awhile. Been playing solid ball in the DL and Europe since then btw. Byars is just a solid player, period. He'd be perfect here... I've always liked Austin Freeman and this Andre Emmett just tore apart the DL last yr...Matt Janning's a real nice combo. 1/2 that can shoot...You just had Sylven Landesberg in for 2 SL games. Can he be bought out of that 3-yr deal he just signed to go back to Israel?? What about James Anderson -- did he officially re-sign in SA yet? What about Jamelle Horne, Alonzo Gee, Dionte Christmas, Manny Harris, or Hollis Thompson???? Come on, Glen..Broaden the damn search here a little bit!!

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
Out of the 4 guys we appear to be interested in, I like them in this order:

(1) Sonny Weems - Big and strong (6'6" 220). Makes us a little younger, a hell of a lot more athletic and the price is right. 4 yrs younger than Delfino.

(2) Carlos Delfino - I like him (respect the defense he always plays on Melo) but will he really settle for the vet minimum? Also, he feels more like a 3 to me -- is he quick/athletic enough to play the 2, guard 2s, etc.?

(3) Randy Foye - Ehh.. Don't love him but he's got value at the vet minimum I suppose. You get the feeling that if Chicago offered him $1 more, he'd go there instead.

(4) Ronnie Brewer - He's athletic enough but man that shooting mechanic of his is ugly. Not an effective offensive player at all. Known for his defense, but ask yourselves: is he really stopping any of the top wings in our conference come playoff time -- LeBron James, D Wade, Paul Pierce, even Ray Allen? I don't see it. And then he's not gonna make these guys work on the other end either..So what's the point then?

-----------------------------------

I just can't understand why we are limiting ourselves to these 4. What about Scotty Hopson (better option than any of the above 4 imho), CDR (same), or Derrick Byars? Remember that guy? Solid at Vandy and he looked good for the Bulls too for awhile. Been playing solid ball in the DL and Europe since then btw. Byars is just a solid player, period. He'd be perfect here... I've always liked Austin Freeman and this Andre Emmett just tore apart the DL last yr...Matt Janning's a real nice combo. 1/2 that can shoot...You just had Sylven Landesberg in for 2 SL games. Can he be bought out of that 3-yr deal he just signed to go back to Israel?? What about James Anderson -- did he officially re-sign in SA yet? What about Jamelle Horne, Alonzo Gee, Dionte Christmas, Manny Harris, or Hollis Thompson???? Come on, Glen..Broaden the damn search here a little bit!!

I agree with your order of selections finest. I would also add Mo Evans in the mix up there with Weems. I know he's getting long in the tooth, but he can still play & be productive. I like the defense he brings & his intensity. He's also a good 3 pt shooter, something that we will definitely need another 1 of on this squad. He brings more versatility & can guard both the G & SF positions on the floor.

Delfino is interesting because of his shooting ability but I agree he may not be athletic enough to guard smaller 2's.

Dionte Christmas is another interesting option, I've always liked his game, but I think the Knicks are looking for someone a bit more seasoned to fill this role. They already have a somewhat unproven commodity in James White on the roster at the backup 2/3, so having someone we can rely on to perform on this level maybe the way to go for our current needs.

finestrg

Rotation player
Just looking over the particulars on Alonzo Gee -- didn't realize he's a restricted FA. Somewhere along the way, the Cavs picked up his qualifying offer of $2,695,391 which gives them the ability to match any offer (so far Gee hasn't gotten any more substantial offers -- looks like he might return to the Cavs for that 1-yr QO). Even at that QO, he's out of our price range...Too bad because he would've been good here. Very athletic 6'6" 215 swingman. Similar to Sonny Weems, better maybe..

If we want a similar guy to Weems/Gee, I say take a long look at 6'7" SG/SF Jamelle Horne. Almost as athletic as Weems & Gee (if anything he's just a hair below), just as good a slasher, definitely a better shooter and probably a better defender than both. He'd be a very nice young role player addition here.