Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the hell are the offer sheets at?

Default Where the hell are the offer sheets at?

At risk of having to deal with some know-it-all "I know the ins and outs of free agency" type poster I am still going to beg the question, why have the offer sheets not even been presented to our Front Office yet?

Is there any chance of "cold feet" and either team pulling the offers?

Can Houston restructure Lin's offer? I say that because they have used the Amnesty on Scola (presumably to get Dwight) but in theory they now have more money to offer Lin that final year, so is what has been reported accurate?

Can Toronto withdraw their offer to Feilds if it was made before 7/11/12 which is when they can be officially signed?

Look, I do not know the rules of Free Agent offer sheets, so I don't mind asking the dumb questions. so please can a more versed poster inform me for peace of mind

I can't start a new thread but wanted to let you guys know to not forget to set your DVR for tonight. Team USA plays Dominican Republic at midnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fields signed on Wednesday.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nothing about Lin. Rumors floating that they want to amnesty Scola, for a shot at Howard. So Lin might not be on the front burner for them.

Howard Beck tweeted that Lin will sign tomorrow.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
    Source says that Jeremy Lin has officially signed three-year, $25.1M offer sheet with the Rockets. Knicks will have three days to match.

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
    Source says Morey has raised Lin offer to guarantee of $25M over three years instead of $19M

Source says raised the Lin guarantee to $25M because they lost their point guards and are more desperate.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 13, 2012 at 16:25.

Rockets added a big poison pill in the 3rd year, 5, 5.2 and then 14.9, when the Knicks are projected to be at 90 million, coinciding with CBA rules of a stiffer luxury tax. Is that supposed to scare off the Knicks?

****, does this mean knicks can't match or what???

Nope ... Just means Dolan will shell out s'more loot. No problem for him to keep what he wants.

Superstar

The rockets are an absolute mess.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    The rockets are an absolute mess.
    and they are dragging their mess to NY with this stupid offer sheet

Didn't know they could up their offer before the first one came in, anyway, Lin better bring in a championship for the 15mil year. As for the rockets, man, I feel sorry for them. What are they thinking, even if they get Howard there is no guarantee they can get him to sign another contract. Might as well use all of the picks they got and build a new team from scratch. Who knows, if they suck enough this year they can get a superstar next year and get back in the game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    Rockets added a big poison pill in the 3rd year, 5, 5.2 and then 14.9, when the Knicks are projected to be at 90 million, coinciding with CBA rules of a stiffer luxury tax. Is that supposed to scare off the Knicks?
    It sure will scare the Knicks or any other team in 2013. The tax for being 20M over the luxury tax threshold will be 45M. First casualty will be Landry Fields, no way they sign him now.

Default Fighting the Poison Pill

I've thought of some possible strategies to fight off Houston's poison pill offer to Lin, but, I have no clue whether they would even be possible. So I'd appreciate any knowledge on this.

First - to avoid the poison pill, why can't the Knicks not just match the Houston offer, but give Lin a bigger but more cap friendly contract? For example, could the Knicks counter with 4 years for 9 million, with each year being spread out evenly.

Second - why couldn't the Knicks match the offer, and then in the second year of the contract, before the poison pill takes effect, renegotiate a new long term contract with Lin, commensurate with how he is playing by year two. So, for example, after paying Lin 5 million for 2 years, and assuming he played very well, then they could sign Lin to a new 4 or 5 year contract for 12 million a year, with Lin making like 8 million in his first year then 17 million in his last year.

Any thoughts? Especially regarding the first option - out-matching Houston's offer.

None its possible.

When your restricted free agent gets an offer, all you can do is match or let him leave, no other options.

And there is no such thing as renegotiating a contract.

Originally Posted by Seba
    None its possible.

When your restricted free agent gets an offer, all you can do is match or let him leave, no other options.

And there is no such thing as renegotiating a contract.
    thanks. That sucks. They need to trade Amare, lol.