Glenny G Appreciation Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
knicks_display_image.jpg
4155-5456.gif

Our GM that art in the FO, hallowed be thy wicked coolness.

To Knickdom come, thy work near done, in the 5 as it is on the pine.

Sign us this day our funky Chinaman, and install that veteran presence.

Lead us not in to war with fire extinguishers, but deliver us from our 40 year O'Brien drought, as we emancipate ourselves from the first round.

For thine is Dolan's man-purse, Cervasio's booty, and rad awesomeness.

From now through the next 3 years.

Hymen

ptlintheclouds2.gif

Wargames

Starter
Glenny G, I like that lol

In Glenny We Trust.

He was the first Knicks GM in a long time who said no to getting raped in a BS trade.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I like Jeffries too but his injuries will only get worse esp with how he likes to sacrifice his body like he's fresh out of college. I remember reading somewhere about Kobe saying that he doesn't take charges bc he wants to prolong his career and that only gets you hurt. Arguably not the best attitude to have but it makes sense.

What sucks is that the hustle and sacrifice is all he has and those attributes while honorable and good to have, also can lead to a shortened career. Also, he really doesn't provide much from an offensive standpoint except the rare pick and roll he sometimes ran with lin.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I like Jeffries too but his injuries will only get worse esp with how he likes to sacrifice his body like he's fresh out of college. I remember reading somewhere about Kobe saying that he doesn't take charges bc he wants to prolong his career and that only gets you hurt. Arguably not the best attitude to have but it makes sense.

What sucks is that the hustle and sacrifice is all he has and those attributes while honorable and good to have, also can lead to a shortened career. Also, he really doesn't provide much from an offensive standpoint except the rare pick and roll he sometimes ran with lin.

Although, I can understand the point, if that was the case Kurt Thomas would not still be in the league...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if hemanages to get Foye and reup Jeffries or brings in Martin this guy deserves a statue and a rafter!

so far so great grunnie keep the excellent moves coming.

Paul1355

All Star
bad move with Lin though, we should have offered him a deal before he commited to signing the offer sheet with the Rockets. But I guess it was inevitable anyways that some clown team like the Rockets who lost Dragic who wanted 10 mil a year and couldn't handle Lowry.

Seriously why did they not just give Dragic 10 mil a year like he wanted and be done with their PG issues? This team has terrible management.

Instead they let Dragic go to the Suns who are not difficult competition by any means and they trade Lowry for basically nothing. Now they were so desperate because of their idiotic moves that they cap it off by giving Lin 14 mil in his 3rd year poision pill which was as dumb as giving Asik 15 mil in his 3rd year.

I think the Rockets are becoming the new "worst GM of the year" nomination

unless they get Dwight...but watch him bolt after this season and they are stuck with all those bad contract from the Magic LOL...writing is on the wall

Wargames

Starter
bad move with Lin though, we should have offered him a deal before he commited to signing the offer sheet with the Rockets. But I guess it was inevitable anyways that some clown team like the Rockets who lost Dragic who wanted 10 mil a year and couldn't handle Lowry.

Seriously why did they not just give Dragic 10 mil a year like he wanted and be done with their PG issues? This team has terrible management.

Instead they let Dragic go to the Suns who are not difficult competition by any means and they trade Lowry for basically nothing. Now they were so desperate because of their idiotic moves that they cap it off by giving Lin 14 mil in his 3rd year poision pill which was as dumb as giving Asik 15 mil in his 3rd year.

I think the Rockets are becoming the new "worst GM of the year" nomination

unless they get Dwight...but watch him bolt after this season and they are stuck with all those bad contract from the Magic LOL...writing is on the wall

dude the rockets are disfiguring their franchise right now.... so yeah I can see them passing their misery onto the knicks even in something so little as adding 5 million to a deal to make it unmovable for one year...

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
dude the rockets are disfiguring their franchise right now.... so yeah I can see them passing their misery onto the knicks even in something so little as adding 5 million to a deal to make it unmovable for one year...

The contract is not necessarily unmovable. I know 15M is ridiculous but at least it comes as an expiring contract which holds value in itself.

Wargames

Starter
Expiring contracts are far from a sure things but that is not whats important. We all know the knicks are working with the 3 year window. After that who knows.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It really doesn't matter for the franchise because.

1. It's Dolan's money and he's got plenty more where it came from.

2. After that third year, the Knicks are going to have very little salary. They're going to have a couple of rebuilding years, but hey, if they win big in these next few years, I'll take a couple rebuilding years, sure.

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Glen Grunwald is a problem solver. These signings illustrate this.

Melo don't respect authority, signs Woodson.

Jeremy Lin is inexperienced, signs Kidd.

Amare doesn't rebound, signs Camby.

Landry is a blackhole, signs White.

Mike Bibby is not Mike Bibby any more, signs Pablo.

Lets fix what we have attitude. Nice.

Red

TYPE-A
Props to glenny g

Glen Grunwald is a problem solver. These signings illustrate this.

Melo don't respect authority, signs Woodson.

Jeremy Lin is inexperienced, signs Kidd.

Amare doesn't rebound, signs Camby.

Landry is a blackhole, signs White.

Mike Bibby is not Mike Bibby any more, signs Pablo.

Lets fix what we have attitude. Nice.

I see it more like...

Melo was slacking on D and underutilized, replaced Dumbtoni with Woodson.

Jeremy Lin and his meniscus was slacking on D, signs Kidd who can play some D.

Amare doesn't rebound or play D, signs Camby who does both.

Landry was a waste of time an can't play D...

Mike Bibby is useless...

Tyson = DPOY

We went from 28th to 5th or soomething like that

Let's fix the defense attitude because that was our major weakness, nice.:peace:

Paul1355

All Star
It really doesn't matter for the franchise because.

1. It's Dolan's money and he's got plenty more where it came from.

2. After that third year, the Knicks are going to have very little salary. They're going to have a couple of rebuilding years, but hey, if they win big in these next few years, I'll take a couple rebuilding years, sure.

Odds are Melo will resign, he looks like he wants to stay a KNick and the same goes with Lin.

However it looks like Amare will be gone at or after year 3.

The Knicks don't have to rebuild. Lin will be improved and Melo will be like Pierce, just an older version but still a solid player that is a legit starter borderlin all star.

Trade Amare, and have your big 3 as Lin, Melo, and CHandler....by year 3 if J Lin is what we hope he can be then we will stil be a solid team.