Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Coming Season Is It. No More Excuses...

Default This Coming Season Is It. No More Excuses...

A regular schedule, training camp, pieces in place. The only thing now is for Knicks fans to stop bitching and whining. Lets focus our energy in a singular positive direction. Lets not listen to the stupid NY media and get ourselves riled up over no-talent, headline-hungry, hack writers.

I'm starting to see the light.

Melo looks thinner, shows commitment, probably because LeBron Dames finally won one, now more motivated than ever.

JR. looks up to Woodson like a father, will be more disciplined and make up the D until Shump comes back.

Kidd will teach Lin, and will be able to relieve Melo thinking he needs to do everything himself. Kidd will also be the leader that everybody respects, including Melo. And he will please Amare with the PnR.

Camby will teach the team how to... and get rebounds which we so desperately needed, and allow Chandler to rest.

Pablo won't be scared of Heat's pgs, but will be able to neutralize them.

James White will teach Lin how to dunk... and fill the void Landry never did.

Now if Amare would play with the second unit, the Knicks have a real shot in the finals.

The problem with last season was, it was an inexperienced team with a host of injuries and personal problems thrusted into a hectic schedule. That explains the inconsistencies. It explains why they looked like the best team and worst team in the league at times.

There's no more excuses. This is it.

The reason being the fans are tired. Many will jump ship to Brooklyn. They are the New New York, not the same old tiring Knicks.

New York is the biggest stage in basketball. We have the actors in place. Now the world is watching.

GoKnicks!

The biggest X-factor in the success of our season moving forward is Amare if he comes in ready to go a steady diet of 20-10 nightly and decent to average defense we may have a chance but its all on him and i suspect he knows it I think he is just going to have to pull a dwade wade and hand the keys over to Melo so that the team can succeed as a whole but we will see

we only know what team will have if we know what amare we are getting next season and in to the playoffs

I see where your coming from man, and i've always had a special feeling about this season.

But don't get down if we don't, a full training camp and improved roster/chemistry will help but I think making the ECF will be our perfect achievement this year.

At least our team will be set for the new 2-3 years but our greatest chemistry may come the season after next. Everyone bitches that Camby/Kidd will be getting older and more tired, but overlook the emergence & improvement that Lin, Shump & JR will make with each coming season.

So in short: We should be dissapointed if we don't make ECF considering our roster, but the season after next may be our greatest with this core.

Superstar

Yes I will be disappointed with anything less than a title this year

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Yes I will be disappointed with anything less than a title this year
    Won't we all. Bit of realism never hurts though.

Originally Posted by WeReady
    The biggest X-factor in the success of our season moving forward is Amare. If he comes in ready to go a steady diet of 20-10 nightly and decent to average defense we may have a chance but its all on him and i suspect he knows it I think he is just going to have to pull a dwade wade and hand the keys over to Melo so that the team can succeed as a whole but we will see

we only know what team will have if we know what amare we are getting next season and in to the playoffs
    He has to be incorporated and facilitated for though. He is in dire need of a consistent jumper the likes of his first year in NY, and that has to be orchestrated from the P&R/P&P. Kidd can make that happen. Lin needs to learn, and Amar'e needs some consistency.

A reliable baby hook and lane penetrating turn around will help irrefutably, too.

For nigh on 2 years now, we've been (I and others have been) yearning for a 2 man game between he and Melo. Some of the season's most inspiring highlights - though too few and far too far between - were off plays that incorporated the 2, but clearly were not cognitive plays provided by either coach.

You can see one of them in my sig.

Defense...Pfff...I'll believe it when I see it from SHAT.

Originally Posted by GoKnicks!
    A regular schedule, training camp, pieces in place. The only thing now is for Knicks fans to stop bitching and whining. Lets focus our energy in a singular positive direction. Lets not listen to the stupid NY media and get ourselves riled up over no-talent, headline-hungry, hack writers.

I'm starting to see the light.

Melo looks thinner, shows commitment, probably because LeBron Dames finally won one, now more motivated than ever.

JR. looks up to Woodson like a father, will be more disciplined and make up the D until Shump comes back.

Kidd will teach Lin, and will be able to relieve Melo thinking he needs to do everything himself. Kidd will also be the leader that everybody respects, including Melo. And he will please Amare with the PnR.

Camby will teach the team how to... and get rebounds which we so desperately needed, and allow Chandler to rest.

Pablo won't be scared of Heat's pgs, but will be able to neutralize them.

James White will teach Lin how to dunk... and fill the void Landry never did.

Now if Amare would play with the second unit, the Knicks have a real shot in the finals.

The problem with last season was, it was an inexperienced team with a host of injuries and personal problems thrusted into a hectic schedule. That explains the inconsistencies. It explains why they looked like the best team and worst team in the league at times.

There's no more excuses. This is it.

The reason being the fans are tired. Many will jump ship to Brooklyn. They are the New New York, not the same old tiring Knicks.

New York is the biggest stage in basketball. We have the actors in place. Now the world is watching.

GoKnicks!
    I agree with posters saying that the individiual X factor is Amare but the xfactor for the team is health. We just have to be healthy most of the season and especially in the playoffs.

We haven't had a healthy starting lineup for a full series yet since Amare has been here. It is like we are cursed.

If you ask me, we've had more than enough time to see if it will work or not. But, let's entertain this now, the X factor:

The X factor is Melo, how he goes this team will go. As the best player, he is the leader, and the leader gotta lead!

Amar'e was fine before the deal, he was MVP, and now Amar'e is having mental breakdowns.

Since the Melo trade, Amar'e has:

1. Punched fire extinguisher
    2. Called a fan a faggot on Twitter
    3. Told us he gained 20 lbs of muscle
    4. Told us he grew an extra inch
    5. Told us too much, in general

This team will go as Carmelo goes, maybe the Olympic experience will learn him something.

My Prediction: 46 wins, First Round Exit

Best Case: 52 wins, Second Round Exit

Worst Case: 42 wins, First Round Exit

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    If you ask me, we've had more than enough time to see if it will work or not. But, let's entertain this now, the X factor:

The X factor is Melo, how he goes this team will go. As the best player, he is the leader, and the leader gotta lead!

Amar'e was fine before the deal, he was MVP, and now Amar'e is having mental breakdowns.

This team will go as Carmelo goes, maybe the Olympic experience will learn him something.

Well when your right your right

Originally Posted by orangeblobman

I really appreciate this post, it isn't completely ****ing devoid of intelligence.

I'd be excited if this team made it to the ECF, and even more excited if they got to the finals and won it all, anything else is a disappointment.

^Holy **** thats a nice photoshop

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    He has to be incorporated and facilitated for though. He is in dire need of a consistent jumper the likes of his first year in NY, and that has to be orchestrated from the P&R/P&P. Kidd can make that happen. Lin needs to learn, and Amar'e needs some consistency.

A reliable baby hook and lane penetrating turn around will help irrefutably, too.

For nigh on 2 years now, we've been (I and others have been) yearning for a 2 man game between he and Melo. Some of the season's most inspiring highlights - though too few and far too far between - were off plays that incorporated the 2, but clearly were not cognitive plays provided by either coach.

You can see one of them in my sig.

Defense...Pfff...I'll believe it when I see it from SHAT.
    you make an excellent point about the 2-man game. I do not understand why our coaching staff have not explored using melo and stat in the two man game it boggles my mind every time

Woodson noted before that he wasn't adverse to using JR and Melo in a two man game but both are massage the ball chuckers so i never understood that logic

when STAT is incorporated in the offense he dose give a decent amount of defense at least give him credit for that

Do you think a Flex offense will work best with our team a triangle or motion?

Predictions are impossible with injuries

Plus win totals don't tell the story, think about it, the 2010 Spurs flirted w the all time season win total only to lose first round in the playoffs
    Boston had it's worst win pct. in years last year but nearly got to The Finals!

I want us to get off to a good start to set the tone for the season (15-5 after first 20 would be a nice realistic pace)

I expect losing streaks but not long coaching being called into question streaks!

I expect continuity because everyone will know their role after training Camp

I expect less 3's and better D

And whatever record that amounts to I'll be good!

For the playoffs I expect East Finals or atleast a Game 7 loss in round 2

The only Knicks fans who would jump ship to the Nets would be the Jets/mets fans so that when someone asks them what teams they like they can save a few breaths and reply "I'm an ETS fan".