Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

Hybrid View

Trade Icon Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
    The Knicks have acquired Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas from Portland for Jared Jeffries and Dan Gadzuric, sources tell the Daily News

wow the old get older

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    wow the old get older
    the front office never ceases to shock us

Veteran

Well, at least Felton is a great fit and will surely play awesome for us like he did before!

Assuming Lin doesn't come back, good for him -- regardless of how he plays going forward, I'd be happy for him that he doesn't have to play for this marching circus.

Those post-MDA championships and contending years will definitely be worth it all for us fans, though!

Frank Isola
    ‏@FisolaNYDN

Knicks also receive rights to two players currently in Europe and send Portland a 2016 second round pick

Wow......

I'm happy to have 2 former Knicks back, honestly.

Looks like Lin's as good as gone. Another mutineer! Nothing surprises me in the NBA when it comes to cash.

Loyalty is green.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Well, at least Felton is a great fit and will surely play awesome for us like he did before!

Assuming Lin doesn't come back, good for him -- regardless of how he plays going forward, I'd be happy for him that he doesn't have to play for this marching circus.

Those post-MDA championships and contending years will definitely be worth it all for us fans, though!
    Felton is not the same player, had a down year last year and gained like 25 pounds

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Felton is not the same player, had a down year last year and gained like 25 pounds
    He'll be ready. I have faith in Ray's commitment to the O&B. He never, ever wanted to leave. Now he's back, he'll be the Ray we knew and loved, because this city, this team inspire him.

Veteran

I know. Being sarcastic, unfortunately (except for the 2nd paragraph).

Felton has had one truly quality year, under MDA, and in a fast-paced, anti-iso offense.

And he's now fat, older, coming off a horrible year, and playing for an iso-loving coach, and a max-iso max-player who the franchise -- under the direct wisdom of James Dolan -- has sacrificed lotto picks, starters, and a coach and GM for.

Ok -- what else is new with James Dolan Knicks?

Except this time, at least for now, many fans have been deluded or are deluding themselves into thinking things are different.

Sarcasm misses you sir.

Hello CP3!!!

After thinking about it...

I think its best to have this roster run by vets in the back-court.

Its better then having a PG still learning, especially with SHump being young also.

Im not just saying that, I realized there was big "hope" and questions (if Lin can...) tied into Lin being the starter. Like when we had Billups for that short time or Anthony Carter. Cant say enough about vet guards look at what Fisher did in OKC.

Vets Like Kidd, Felt, Camby, KT, and our B'Way Bigs = Less Mistakes, better execution down the stretch.

Kidd was right... the final 6mins wins/loses games. Now we basically have no quetions. Even JR is a vet.

Superstar

Some of you guys are crazy, i'd rather have Felton than Lin at that price.You guys act like Lin is that dude, i'm not paying a project max money.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Some of you guys are crazy, i'd rather have Felton than Lin at that price.You guys act like Lin is that dude, i'm not paying a project max money.
    I'm also not letting an asset walk for absolutely nothing. If the offer was that ridiculous $40M that was reported way back when...yea alright, I'd let him go, cause at that price point, he's more of a liability than an asset.

But this deal? That is essentially free money to sign a player (from a cap standpoint) WHY. NOT?

If we didn't have his Bird Rights, and it's immediately affecting the cap...I'd be with you, but ****....without Lin, our PGs are Kidd and Felton... I'll take a chance on Lin if that's what we have counting against the cap moving forward....the drawback is what exactly? The fact that we don't know that Lin is "that dude" right now?

So? Other than a really interesting conversation piece, what the hell does that have to do with anything?

We all know Dolan's ego.

LIN was signed to an offer sheet by HOU. Knicks told LIN personally they would match it. LIN then went & relayed that intel to HOU; then flew out to LV to meet with HOU & redo the contract.

His career in NY ended right there.

Word reached Knicks that HOU was sending over a re-worked offer sheet. Grunwald avoided the messenger, buying time while they reached out to Felton to see if that door was still open. It took HOU almost 36 hours to deliver new offer sheet.

LIN played in 26 games. Has a knee injury. Wont benefit from D'antoni's offense. And he was exposed by MIA. Knicks have to build themsevles to beat BOS & MIA this season. LIN will not help them do this.

LIN is nice, but giving Jeremy 15 mil in year-3 is insanity. You know what LIN is in HOU? Kyle Lowry. What?

Yeah, Lowry was fantastic the first half of last season... but he barely made a sound down South. NY made LIN. He didn't make NY.

There's a chance LIN is legit, and he blooms into a true all-star PG. But NYK isn't in the position to take chances. I would prefer Felton, Kurt Thomas plus a Grant Hill (or some SG) over just adding LIN.

NYK is all-in to win this 2012-2013 season. I think it's best to let LIN go.