Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

Veteran

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    seriously why not just look to trade Amare for the next two years while u pay Lin 5 mil a year in year 1 and 2? What the hell is wrong with that?
    A GM and coach (not to mention players and picks in the initial trade) have been sacrificed/dealt/moved to support Melo -- and Woodson -- and what is our "all in" move to support and yield a true contender capable of winning a championship (in the next three years).

This is Dolan's master plan (and obviously people like Melo, Woodson, and others, would support and believe in it, too). It is what it is, we are what we are, and this season will essentially be a referendum on everything.

Am I optimistic? No. Open minded? Yes. And I'll try not to rag on anything too hard till the season is underway.

But Amare isn't getting dealt, certainly not to make room for Lin. We wanted to let other teams bid for Lin first before making a move, and we now appear to not want to match what was offered. That's that.

seriously why not just look to trade Amare for the next two years while u pay Lin 5 mil a year in year 1 and 2? What the hell is wrong with that?
    Nothing! But you've gotta find a suitor. An overpaid, uninsured, underwhelming, under average IQ player that talks like a King but plays like a leper, is not an individual that any GM has a lot of interest in.

sorry for taking up the page guys lol

Prigioni > Felton
    'nuff said.

Veteran

This was a really stupid move. At this point, I heavily question Felton's desire to win and get better. Hell, I honestly believe that we are overpaying the guy - he's coming off a year where he shot 40% and was like 40 pounds overweight, the fact that we're giving him a 3-year deal is absolutely idiotic.

Felton is not the same player, had a down year last year and gained like 25 pounds
    Sarcasm misses you sir.

So.....Someone with the resources, if you could please enlighten me on something.

Having added Felton for approximately $3.3M per season, if we did re-sign Lin at poison pill prices, would the tax penalty increment, or would it stay the same as it would have by just re-signing Lin alone?

I ask because Houston apparently are so desperate for a PG, they had Felton next on their list of Lin fell through.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Sup ZEKE!

We roll the dice again, my good man.

I implore you to keep some of the faith, regardless of how we all know that underlying ****tyness still lingers like an onion ring fart.

We have our defense, too. I'm very happy for that.

I don't think Lin was the be all and end all of this 3 year window, and if he's mutinous, then he can eat a phat meat flute.

At least we won't have to listen to him rattle on about Jehovah any more, either.
    Sup broheem?

Am I optimistic? I can't say I am. Do I still believe we would be far better off with D'antoni, and either not having traded for Melo, and still having Walsh, too; or trading Melo when we could have just prior to D'ant leaving? I won't front, I do.

But I am open-minded, however pessimistic I may be right now. I support and want a good, winning team -- if we have that, I will gladly extol its virtues and eat any necessary crow. And I will try not to rag too hard on anything until the season begins, and the reality of *all* these moves comes into play, once and for all.

I'm legit amiss though at Lin being mutinous? I thought NYK brass was proactive and clear in wanting the open market to set a salary for him, and we would then react off that (and presumably match most anything).

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Sup broheem?

I'm legit amiss though at Lin being mutinous? I thought NYK brass was proactive and clear in wanting the open market to set a salary for him, and we would then react off that (and presumably match most anything).
    Optimism is certainly scarce when Jim Colon is involved, bruh.

I thought we'd have matched Houston's offer almost immediately, myself. Odd bit of behavior. It remains unsolved, this little phishy mystery we've got here.

We'll see what eventuates..........

What have you got your money on?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Optimism is certainly scarce when Jim Colon is involved, bruh.

I thought we'd have matched Houston's offer almost immediately, myself. Odd bit of behavior. It remains unsolved, this little phishy mystery we've got here.

We'll see what eventuates..........

What have you got your money on?
    Indeed! James Colon is always one colon too many.

To hazard I guess....keeping in mind the *major* powermoves made on behalf of Melo (the deal itself, the ensuing decisions made to, and around, both Walsh and D'antoni), and that James Dolan, after a temporary nap under Walsh, has been re-awakened, and that his ego is the one thing he values more than making some more billions:

The behind the scenes questions about rifts between Lin and Melo were not exaggerated; and while likely NOT manifesting at the time, their personal feelings about one another (as well as MDA and Woodson) ran much deeper than any of us would have ever thunk.

By sheer default, this would pit Lin vs Dolan.

Melo-Woodson is Dolan's golden child. After what he has sacrificed and done to get, keep, and lock up both of them -- and for what will be the 3-year window that will define this franchise in this era of basketball, and Dolan's legacy.

During the negotiating process and window of Lin's free agency, I imagine the said rifts and underlying feelings manifested more (either within the confines of man's own self, or in physically manifested disagreement).

This + Dolan's ego thinking his master plan doesn't need the lingering horse and golden boy tethered to the MDA period, has him say **** Lin. **** paying the $ and poison pill contract, and **** him personally (and everyone else not in line with James this whole time).

And I'm sure this move wasn't something which would cause much grief or backlash from the two most important NYK personal and players to Dolan: Melo and Woodson.

My own Kiayspiracy.

This is by far one of the worst moves since Zeke was in charge.

here is bill simmons take
    Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33
    After winning over the Asian community with Jeremy Lin, the Knicks now expect to win over fat people with Ray Felton.

and isola is speculating the we will still match lin's offer
    Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
    That said, I'll still be shocked if the Knicks don't match the offer for Jeremy Lin.

i mentioned recently that i don't think we are going to sign Lin for that kinda money, and i agreed with it. Too much $$ for a 25-50 game player who got shut down by Miami. I under stand miami does that to quite a few players, but it shouldn't happen to a player making 10 mil a year. Now that we have like 3 PG;'s, i think i was right. Lin is a goner

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Indeed! James Colon is always one colon too many.

To hazard I guess....keeping in mind the *major* powermoves made on behalf of Melo (the deal itself, the ensuing decisions made to, and around, both Walsh and D'antoni), and that James Dolan, after a temporary nap under Walsh, has been re-awakened, and that his ego is the one thing he values more than making some more billions:

The behind the scenes questions about rifts between Lin and Melo were not exaggerated; and while likely NOT manifesting at the time, their personal feelings about one another (as well as MDA and Woodson) ran much deeper than any of us would have ever thunk.

By sheer default, this would pit Lin vs Dolan.

Melo-Woodson is Dolan's golden child. After what he has sacrificed and done to get, keep, and lock up both of them -- and for what will be the 3-year window that will define this franchise in this era of basketball, and Dolan's legacy.

During the negotiating process and window of Lin's free agency, I imagine the said rifts and underlying feelings manifested more (either within the confines of man's own self, or in physically manifested disagreement).

This + Dolan's ego thinking his master plan doesn't need the lingering horse and golden boy tethered to the MDA period, has him say **** Lin. **** paying the $ and poison pill contract, and **** him personally (and everyone else not in line with James this whole time).

And I'm sure this move wasn't something which would cause much grief or backlash from the two most important NYK personal and players to Dolan: Melo and Woodson.

My own Kiayspiracy.
    I like it! Kiyaspiracy....yes

I believe you shoot near the mark on this one, my dude.

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33
    After winning over the Asian community with Jeremy Lin, the Knicks now expect to win over fat people with Ray Felton.
    That's just ****ing wrong.