Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

STAT1

Starter
It's actually 3 million less than the original agreement of 4 years 28.8. With the flood of automatic match rumors, Morey went back to the drawing board to design a deal that would be close to unmatchable. So he funneled that back end of the original deal into the max salary he could get into year 3.

The original agreement was a team option for year 4, pretty much unguaranteed money. You cannot factor that into the value of this contract. If it were a player's option then it'd be a different story.

STAT1

Starter
There are way more Asian Americans in the Northeast than in Texas too, thus a bigger following. Wasted a crazy good opportunity :\

I mean yes, his popularity with Asians is definitely key to his marketability, but even amongst people of other enthicities, I think this kid's story resonates very well. I mean who doesn't love the story of the underdog that comes out of nowhere & lights the world on fire & becomes a star? That's totally the American dream. I think from being at Knicks games last year, I saw just as many non-Asians wearing his jersey as Asian people were, especially little kids. It's really incredible how this whole Linsanity phenomenon blew up, I've never seen anything like it. Real shame that it only lasted a couple months.

iSaYughh

Starter
Toney Parker (he's on your list but I would not consider him quick or agile)
Eric Snow
Chauncy Billups
Derek Harper
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
Mark Jackson

These are some past and present PG's that were not exciting nor athletic.

Dude...

Parker has been one of the quickest players in the *entire* NBA. Pretty sure he was even voted fasted in league not too long ago by a poll taken of NBA players.

He's a very capable fast break player, too.

The rest of the guys are quality players -- but they are also all from a different era, or are on the way out of this one. And they can't sniff the the level of play of current upper crust PGs in the league, highlighted by their quickness and agility and physicality.

Check the teams who have contended or won past couple seasons. Almost *all* had very good to great PGs, and/or PGs who were very physical and fast.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I agree with metrocard about everything he's said about Felton.

Me too!!!! just not the hating Felton part

Metro is completley right in that Felton is not an explosive player, he is not going to Wow you with anything. He is simply an NBA PG

Here is some more comparisons....Derek Fisher, Andre Miller Sam Cassel

These are all guys who like Felton will not have the most entertaining youtube videos but get the job done.

This is all we need in my opinion!

Now in a perfect world I would take Chauncy Billups but Felton is a great consolation!

The Knicks are the equivelent to a Football team with a solid defense, good recievers and great running backs, all you need is a QB who does not make mistakes that blow games not neccessarily a Pro Bowler

Guys all want Vick when Matt Cassel will do!

Now if Deron Williams or Chris Paul were available I'd be the biggest liar to say I would not want them, but a PG that good is not neccessary provided Melo and Stat are focused and Tyson holds us down on D and our bench performs to their ability!

Felton is a simple, plain solution to a complicated problem the past 2 years...team chemistry!

Last Felton Comparison....Charlie Ward and Chris Childs....nothing flashy just ball players!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Hell I'd Melo's boy Josh Selby, who I think ends up a Knick next year at the 1

LOL, PG is an important position but how many great Point Guards got rings since 1980

Magic, Isiah, Billups, Ronodo, Parker, Kidd(past prime) and Payton(past prime)

New New York

Quiet Storm
Dude...

Parker has been one of the quickest players in the *entire* NBA. Pretty sure he was even voted fasted in league not too long ago by a poll taken of NBA players.

He's a very capable fast break player, too.

The rest of the guys are quality players -- but they are also all from a different era, or are on the way out of this one. And they can't sniff the the level of play of current upper crust PGs in the league, highlighted by their quickness and agility and physicality.

Check the teams who have contended or won past couple seasons. Almost *all* had very good to great PGs, and/or PGs who were very physical and fast.

:teeth: at Tony Parker not being quick or agile.

Ok came out wrong....I guess what I meant to say was that he is not an overly athletic PG, not an above the rim type player...saying he is not quick is probably not accurate....fair enough

Now about the claim about past few Champions having Physically gifted, Fast PG's

lets look at them

Chalmers 2012
Kidd (past his prime) 2011
Derick Fisher 2010
Derick Fisher 2009
Rondo 2008
Tony Parker 2007
Gary Payton (past his prime)/Jason Williams 2006

I see more floor generals (like Felton is) than super athletes like a Derrick Rose.

Rondo is a monster and I have retracted my statement about Parker, but aside from them where is the overwhelming athletes? Jason Williams you can make a case for be he only started some games but Riley always finished with GP for experience even though Gary was barely even a shell of himself by then.

There is actually no protocol for a PG on a winning team!

The PG just needs to accomadate his team's needs, thats it!

For Chicago D Rose needs the ball to penetrate and will setup their offense off of how teams defend him...it works for them!

For Derek Fisher and The Lakers it was just about managing the game and hitting shots when needed...this is all we are gonna need from Felton.

portega1968

El Cacique
23576653.jpg

CA7

Scoring Champ
So we got

A drunk, a fat ass, a south American and an over rated Asian

God I love the Knicks

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
would be something if felton gets traded again, this time for cp3

its like he comes to ny only to be a trading chip to get superstars

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I believe that if it wasn't for his injury, the Knicks would not have hesitated to match Houston's offer.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
There are way more Asian Americans in the Northeast than in Texas too, thus a bigger following. Wasted a crazy good opportunity :\

Don't mean to single you out individually, Jinki?s, but there really is too much of a focal on Lin's ethnicity and marketability, as opposed to what he did during Linsanity.

It was amazing. Is an approximate $8M a season too much homage for the best Knick moment since the end of last century? No doubt it is!

But with all that potential.

With the added tutelage of Kidd.

With a team raring for resurgence after such a bipolar season.

I can't fathom the talk of ethnicity, MSG stock, endorsement and so forth, as re-signing Lin would merely be about improving a team whose M.O is clearly about achieving as much as it can in 3 years.

Forget cost, forget melanin count and genetic markers, make the move for the Knicks. If it doesn't work out, at least we'll know via experience. Not, as it would inevitably be, through watching Rockets' recaps and highlights, wondering if it would've been the same here had Dolan not got his lacy undies in a twist.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Crazy⑧s;243119 said:
Don't mean to single you out individually, Jinki?s, but there really is too much of a focal on Lin's ethnicity and marketability, as opposed to what he did during Linsanity.

Forget cost, forget melanin count and genetic markers, make the move for the Knicks. If it doesn't work out, at least we'll know via experience. Not, as it would inevitably be, through watching Rockets' recaps and highlights, wondering if it would've been the same here had Dolan not got his lacy undies in a twist.

I am starting to come back to earth , would not hate if we picked the guy back up as it would clearly be an asset to the teams future. We need to make this decision clearly on basketball and not all the other bull ****... I am out :smokin::smokin::smokin:

skisloper

Starter
I am starting to come back to earth , would not hate if we picked the guy back up as it would clearly be an asset to the teams future. We need to make this decision clearly on basketball and not all the other bull ****... I am out :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Lins contract whether we accept has no relelvence on us getting another player with that money....

Will Dolan pay the luxury tax or let an asset like LIN who can only make us more of a contender to the Heat go......

My Vote is after the Larry Brown fiasco, the 9 million dollars sexual harassment its a no brainer....spend the money on LIN.....

nyk_nyk

All Star
Felton's lack of speed or agility kills me. I like thunderfast PG's like Wall, Paul, Jennings, Barbosa, Parker, Telfair, Barea or agile freaks like Nash, Lin, Wall, Holliday, etc.

Plus, Felton never been great at anything, nor horrible. He's just a default player, nothing to get excited about. It BORES me.

So you hate Felton with a passion just because he doesn't play like any of those guards you mentioned? Don't be so sensitive. Mark Jackson didn't have speed or agility either but he's still one of the best pure pgs ever to play the game.

The pg position is more about basketball IQ than anything else. The smartest pgs, regardless of their physical attributes, are usually the best ones.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Knicks fans: if we match for lin for that much money i will leave

Knicks fans one week later: if we dont match lin i will leave

Knicks fans: **** steve nash we need jason kidd

Knicks fans couple days later: **** jason kidd hes too old, we need a player like nash

Make up your mind. Me personally, orange and blue no matter who dons the colors. Whoever says otherwise stop posting. Its as easy as that.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Knicks fans: if we match for lin for that much money i will leave

Knicks fans one week later: if we dont match lin i will leave

Knicks fans: **** steve nash we need jason kidd

Knicks fans couple days later: **** jason kidd hes too old, we need a player like nash

Make up your mind. Me personally, orange and blue no matter who dons the colors. Whoever says otherwise stop posting. Its as easy as that.

Thank you, well said. For the Knicks organization and whether they match or not, it's a LOSE LOSE for whatever decision they make.

Even if Lin becomes an All-Star he will ALWAYS have critics saying he is not worth the money and MSG overpaid.

You know who cares? Nobody? People like to spew their opinions without any contemplation.

:gony:YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE!:gony:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
would be something if felton gets traded again, this time for cp3

its like he comes to ny only to be a trading chip to get superstars

Hahahaha, that's pretty funny for any other player but it's hilarious for Felton because he is pudgy. Little pudgy guy getting tossed around the league.

BRING CP3 TO NEW YORK GET IT DONE LET'S GO LET'S GO:alert: