Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

Im going to be the lone fan that says this move is genious if it tuns out to be Chris Paul, but if not...THE GARDEN 2000-2008 ALL OVER AGAIN.

Superstar

I hate felton. I HATE HIM. Such a terrible point guard. He cannot run an offense. He is mentally weak, and will COLLAPSE in any playoff scenario. ANY. This seriously just sucks.

With Lin gone say goodbye to exciting Knicks basketball. After he went out, even though we were still winning a decent amount of games, it was insanely boring other than that Chicago game.

Just SIGN LIN. Just do it, who gives a ****.. If we are soo worried about the tax in the last year, just TRADE someone. We will have like, 10 expiring contracts that year anyhow, we will get SOMEONE to bite and take something off for us.... Jeez... Just DO IT.

I don't understand why so many people have such issue with Giving Lin that money either.. No one would be opposed to giving Dragic 35 million. Yet how much more did he show than Lin? A little bit I guess but not THAT much.

Superstar

Felton will be horrible and he will loose his place to Prigioni within a month. Who will actually do very well at point.

Superstar

Ugh.. I still can't get over this... I mean I WANT him to play well, if we loose lin.. but he wont... Because Felton has very weak character..And I feel the things he needs in order to succeed are as following

-A coach that won't be "mean" to him- I can't tell how many articles I've read about this guy moaning and being depressed about how his coach doesn't like him or doesn't have faith in him. With Larry Brown, and in Portland, they weren't like D'Antoni, i.e. a soft quite guy who gave him permission to do whatever he wanted no matter if it hurt the team or not.

-Be the unquestionable starter- Again around the time he got benched he was one of the worst pg I have ever seen. If his position is in danger he panics and chokes under pressure. he cannot handle pressure and that is the last thing you want from a player.

-unquestionable job security- Even in NY when trade rumors started.. He fell apart. A good player goes to work and does his job whatever the rumors are..That again can't happen. If we are paying this guy millions he needs to come to work every day and play as well as he can. SUCK IT UP BRO.

Lin was close to being waived and shipped off to play for Yao Ming's team in China, he was always in danger and played for his job all the time. Is clutch and can play under pressure. F*** THE LUXARY TAX.. DON'T SETTLE FOR FELTON.. RESIGN LIN.. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Superstar

Originally Posted by VeryGundy

Can you Lin-haters stop with the SSS logic? When was the last player who did what Lin did at MSG for 25 games?
    Melo from March to April>>>Linsanity

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Are there Chinese investors involved with the Rockets? Could be a factor. I know Yao Ming is still intertwined with the franchise, and has undoubtedly been in Lin's ear.
    Les Alexander owns the team outright but he has got a ton of Asian connections from the Yao years. I am sure the Asian money had a lot to do with them signing Lin, Lin will make more money for the Rockets than Lin would earn for the Knicks if he plays as well as he did during Linsanity.

Raymond Felton's contributions:

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Les Alexander owns the team outright but he has got a ton of Asian connections from the Yao years. I am sure the Asian money had a lot to do with them signing Lin, Lin will make more money for the Rockets than Lin would earn for the Knicks if he plays as well as he did during Linsanity.
    Those communist bastards! JOKING!

Superstar

I think Felton isn't gonna average what he did in the MDA years. Without Lin i see him doing 10 and 6 which is pretty solid. Felton is a league average point guard and probably at steal for 3 million a year. I think if we still need to resign Lin also...just gives another look to our team.

Veteran

If he shows up to camp ready to play, 10 and 6 sounds reasonable for him.

I anticipate this team having a ton of chemistry issues, though. Why did they re-sign JR Smith, again?

I expect Felton to be barely serviceable. He'll play average defensively, get 5-6 assists a game, score about 12 pts a game, and basically stay out of everyone's way, running a pretty unimaginative, iso-oriented offense.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    I expect about 13-14 pts & 7-8 assists for Felton, about what I would have expected out of Lin next season. Production wise I don't think we'll lose all that much, but excitement wise there's just no comparison.
    BINGO. We already know this season is gonna be 60% iso-melo ball so there's no really point in having a PG with such a large contract. Hopefully he can get back the pick&roll/pick&pop game w/ Amare cuz that worked pretty well a couple years back.

i expect felton to avg 9pts and 13 ast with the knicks. cuz the knicks know how to find gems in the rough. we're goin to get a nash type player for a cj watson type salary. GO KNICKS

Anyone notice there is no Lin items in the official Knicks store.

I cant seem to find anything of Lin

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Anyone notice there is no Lin items in the official Knicks store.

I cant seem to find anything of Lin

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Check the dumbster behind MSG.