Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Melo from March to April>>>Linsanity
    I was commenting on how we seemed to dismiss Lin's run as a fluke and that any rookie could waltz in here and produce at that level for 25 games.

I disagree with that POV.

Veteran

13 assists? Seriously? You'll think he'll be the best playmaker in the entire NBA next year?

What a joke.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    13 assists? Seriously? You'll think he'll be the best playmaker in the entire NBA next year?

What a joke.
    I think your sarcasm detector isn't working that well.

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    Check the dumbster behind MSG.
    +1 repped up.

Check the dumbster behind MSG.
    Yeah, you would know, ”MSG hobo”..

Veteran

It takes days off here and there.

Veteran

Lin average 14.6 points and 6.2 assist for the Knicks. Raymond Average 17.1 points and 9.0 assist per game as a Knick, plays better defense and has developed chemistry with Amare. Plus the fact that he wants to play here is a motivator. I wouldn’t count his production as a Blazer and Nugget…he didn’t want to be at any of those places. Felton under Woodson’s control is only going to make him and the team better.

Veteran

Felton does not play better defense.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Lin average 14.6 points and 6.2 assist for the Knicks. Raymond Average 17.1 points and 9.0 assist per game as a Knick, plays better defense and has developed chemistry with Amare. Plus the fact that he wants to play here is a motivator. I wouldn’t count his production as a Blazer and Nugget…he didn’t want to be at any of those places. Felton under Woodson’s control is only going to make him and the team better.
    That's just an ignorant statement. They played under different circumstances. Felton was playing an uptempo system without a ball dominant scorer like Carmelo.

Everyones assists drop when playing with Melo. To me Felton is average in all PG skills. He's nothing special, but he's not bad either. I think it's more than fine having Felton when the offense should go through Melo on this team.

Felton understood the magnitude of playing in NYC the first time and i'm positive he will respect that again. I could care less what he did with DEN/POR because it always looked like that trade shook him up a bit. We've already seen what he can do when he's motivated and in a comfortable setting. Felton's stats were actually better than Lin's with the same coach and over 20 more games played!

Linsanity has blinded most people but not me. All I saw was a guy who came in a played some good basketball and led the team over wins against mostly subpar competition. The fact that he's Asian descent and from Harvard made him a huge star when Felton nearly played his way to an all-star game and got minimal attention.

Bottom line, if they re-sign him great.. but if they don't I won't feel like its a loss for the team.

MY LAST POINT:
    We ALL know this team will go as far as Melo, Tyson and Amare allow it to go. While TC and Melo have been productive, Amare has been mostly non-productive and said to be a bad pairing for Melo. Well, who was the one guy that had Amare playing at a high level?? Who was the pg that built chemistry with Amare which most of us were all raving about?? FELTON!

If the guy comes to camp in shape, none of us should worry about him. He's a warrior that would definitely be on the court with his teammates at 85% health.

Veteran

Originally Posted by clumsy
    That's just an ignorant statement. They played under different circumstances. Felton was playing an uptempo system without a ball dominant scorer like Carmelo.

Everyones assists drop when playing with Melo. To me Felton is average in all PG skills. He's nothing special, but he's not bad either. I think it's more than fine having Felton when the offense should go through Melo on this team.
    It may seem ignorant because you're stumbling over the facts homie. Both Lin and Felton played D'Ant's game, but Felton fits better under a slower pace game and has good defensive awareness as far as clogging passing lanes. Lin plays reakless, at high speed, and will burn himself out or even worse. I like what we have going for us right now. In the least we know what Felton will bring (I've seen enough of his games over the years). We can't say the same for Lin.

Originally Posted by elcol
    Yeah, you would know, ”MSG hobo”..
    Lol my wardrobe is set for the next year. You want to get down on some of this?

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Felton understood the magnitude of playing in NYC the first time and i'm positive he will respect that again. I could care less what he did with DEN/POR because it always looked like that trade shook him up a bit. We've already seen what he can do when he's motivated and in a comfortable setting. Felton's stats were actually better than Lin's with the same coach and over 20 more games played!

Linsanity has blinded most people but not me. All I saw was a guy who came in a played some good basketball and led the team over wins against mostly subpar competition. The fact that he's Asian descent and from Harvard made him a huge star when Felton nearly played his way to an all-star game and got minimal attention.

Bottom line, if they re-sign him great.. but if they don't I won't feel like its a loss for the team.

MY LAST POINT:
    We ALL know this team will go as far as Melo, Tyson and Amare allow it to go. While TC and Melo have been productive, Amare has been mostly non-productive and said to be a bad pairing for Melo. Well, who was the one guy that had Amare playing at a high level?? Who was the pg that built chemistry with Amare which most of us were all raving about?? FELTON!

If the guy comes to camp in shape, none of us should worry about him. He's a warrior that would definitely be on the court with his teammates at 85% health.
    Couldn't agree more man. One thing you can say about Felton is that he is a warrior and will never back down from a challenge.

Thumbs up

One thing you can say about Felton is that he is a warrior and will never back down from a challenge.
    That's the damn truth right there.