Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 217

Thread: Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

  1. #151
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Melo from March to April>>>Linsanity
    I was commenting on how we seemed to dismiss Lin's run as a fluke and that any rookie could waltz in here and produce at that level for 25 games.

    I disagree with that POV.

  2. #152
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    13 assists? Seriously? You'll think he'll be the best playmaker in the entire NBA next year?

    What a joke.

  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    13 assists? Seriously? You'll think he'll be the best playmaker in the entire NBA next year?

    What a joke.
    I think your sarcasm detector isn't working that well.

  4. #154
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    Check the dumbster behind MSG.
    +1 repped up.

  5. #155
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    Check the dumbster behind MSG.
    Yeah, you would know, ”MSG hobo”..

  6. #156
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It takes days off here and there.

  7. #157
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Lin average 14.6 points and 6.2 assist for the Knicks. Raymond Average 17.1 points and 9.0 assist per game as a Knick, plays better defense and has developed chemistry with Amare. Plus the fact that he wants to play here is a motivator. I wouldn’t count his production as a Blazer and Nugget…he didn’t want to be at any of those places. Felton under Woodson’s control is only going to make him and the team better.

  8. #158
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Felton does not play better defense.

  9. #159
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Lin average 14.6 points and 6.2 assist for the Knicks. Raymond Average 17.1 points and 9.0 assist per game as a Knick, plays better defense and has developed chemistry with Amare. Plus the fact that he wants to play here is a motivator. I wouldn’t count his production as a Blazer and Nugget…he didn’t want to be at any of those places. Felton under Woodson’s control is only going to make him and the team better.
    That's just an ignorant statement. They played under different circumstances. Felton was playing an uptempo system without a ball dominant scorer like Carmelo.

    Everyones assists drop when playing with Melo. To me Felton is average in all PG skills. He's nothing special, but he's not bad either. I think it's more than fine having Felton when the offense should go through Melo on this team.

  10. #160
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Felton understood the magnitude of playing in NYC the first time and i'm positive he will respect that again. I could care less what he did with DEN/POR because it always looked like that trade shook him up a bit. We've already seen what he can do when he's motivated and in a comfortable setting. Felton's stats were actually better than Lin's with the same coach and over 20 more games played!

    Linsanity has blinded most people but not me. All I saw was a guy who came in a played some good basketball and led the team over wins against mostly subpar competition. The fact that he's Asian descent and from Harvard made him a huge star when Felton nearly played his way to an all-star game and got minimal attention.

    Bottom line, if they re-sign him great.. but if they don't I won't feel like its a loss for the team.

    MY LAST POINT:
    We ALL know this team will go as far as Melo, Tyson and Amare allow it to go. While TC and Melo have been productive, Amare has been mostly non-productive and said to be a bad pairing for Melo. Well, who was the one guy that had Amare playing at a high level?? Who was the pg that built chemistry with Amare which most of us were all raving about?? FELTON!

    If the guy comes to camp in shape, none of us should worry about him. He's a warrior that would definitely be on the court with his teammates at 85% health.

  11. #161
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    That's just an ignorant statement. They played under different circumstances. Felton was playing an uptempo system without a ball dominant scorer like Carmelo.

    Everyones assists drop when playing with Melo. To me Felton is average in all PG skills. He's nothing special, but he's not bad either. I think it's more than fine having Felton when the offense should go through Melo on this team.
    It may seem ignorant because you're stumbling over the facts homie. Both Lin and Felton played D'Ant's game, but Felton fits better under a slower pace game and has good defensive awareness as far as clogging passing lanes. Lin plays reakless, at high speed, and will burn himself out or even worse. I like what we have going for us right now. In the least we know what Felton will bring (I've seen enough of his games over the years). We can't say the same for Lin.

  12. #162
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by elcol
    Yeah, you would know, ”MSG hobo”..
    Lol my wardrobe is set for the next year. You want to get down on some of this?

  13. #163
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Felton understood the magnitude of playing in NYC the first time and i'm positive he will respect that again. I could care less what he did with DEN/POR because it always looked like that trade shook him up a bit. We've already seen what he can do when he's motivated and in a comfortable setting. Felton's stats were actually better than Lin's with the same coach and over 20 more games played!

    Linsanity has blinded most people but not me. All I saw was a guy who came in a played some good basketball and led the team over wins against mostly subpar competition. The fact that he's Asian descent and from Harvard made him a huge star when Felton nearly played his way to an all-star game and got minimal attention.

    Bottom line, if they re-sign him great.. but if they don't I won't feel like its a loss for the team.

    MY LAST POINT:
    We ALL know this team will go as far as Melo, Tyson and Amare allow it to go. While TC and Melo have been productive, Amare has been mostly non-productive and said to be a bad pairing for Melo. Well, who was the one guy that had Amare playing at a high level?? Who was the pg that built chemistry with Amare which most of us were all raving about?? FELTON!

    If the guy comes to camp in shape, none of us should worry about him. He's a warrior that would definitely be on the court with his teammates at 85% health.
    Couldn't agree more man. One thing you can say about Felton is that he is a warrior and will never back down from a challenge.

  14. #164
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    One thing you can say about Felton is that he is a warrior and will never back down from a challenge.
    That's the damn truth right there.


  15. #165
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default


Similar Threads

  1. Tyson Chandler & the Knicks Improved Defense
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2012, 12:05
  2. These Knicks May not be together Much Longer
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 09:03
  3. Knicks @ Houston Wed Jan 19
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2011, 15:15
  4. Christmas Day: Bulls @ Knicks
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2010, 11:41
  5. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •