Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    I am starting to come back to earth , would not hate if we picked the guy back up as it would clearly be an asset to the teams future. We need to make this decision clearly on basketball and not all the other bull ****... I am out
    Lins contract whether we accept has no relelvence on us getting another player with that money....

Will Dolan pay the luxury tax or let an asset like LIN who can only make us more of a contender to the Heat go......

My Vote is after the Larry Brown fiasco, the 9 million dollars sexual harassment its a no brainer....spend the money on LIN.....

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Felton's lack of speed or agility kills me. I like thunderfast PG's like Wall, Paul, Jennings, Barbosa, Parker, Telfair, Barea or agile freaks like Nash, Lin, Wall, Holliday, etc.

Plus, Felton never been great at anything, nor horrible. He's just a default player, nothing to get excited about. It BORES me.
    So you hate Felton with a passion just because he doesn't play like any of those guards you mentioned? Don't be so sensitive. Mark Jackson didn't have speed or agility either but he's still one of the best pure pgs ever to play the game.

The pg position is more about basketball IQ than anything else. The smartest pgs, regardless of their physical attributes, are usually the best ones.

Knicks fans: if we match for lin for that much money i will leave

Knicks fans one week later: if we dont match lin i will leave

Knicks fans: **** steve nash we need jason kidd

Knicks fans couple days later: **** jason kidd hes too old, we need a player like nash

Make up your mind. Me personally, orange and blue no matter who dons the colors. Whoever says otherwise stop posting. Its as easy as that.

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    Knicks fans: if we match for lin for that much money i will leave

Knicks fans one week later: if we dont match lin i will leave

Knicks fans: **** steve nash we need jason kidd

Knicks fans couple days later: **** jason kidd hes too old, we need a player like nash

Make up your mind. Me personally, orange and blue no matter who dons the colors. Whoever says otherwise stop posting. Its as easy as that.
    Thank you, well said. For the Knicks organization and whether they match or not, it's a LOSE LOSE for whatever decision they make.

Even if Lin becomes an All-Star he will ALWAYS have critics saying he is not worth the money and MSG overpaid.

You know who cares? Nobody? People like to spew their opinions without any contemplation.

YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE!

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    would be something if felton gets traded again, this time for cp3

its like he comes to ny only to be a trading chip to get superstars
    Hahahaha, that's pretty funny for any other player but it's hilarious for Felton because he is pudgy. Little pudgy guy getting tossed around the league.

BRING CP3 TO NEW YORK GET IT DONE LET'S GO LET'S GO

Raymond Felton was the missing championship piece for the NY Knicks. The Knicks would have won a championship 2 seasons ago had they found a way to have both Melo and Felton on the same roster. The Knicks now can go ahead and beat the Miami Heat in a playoff series. Felton has never played with a hall of fame PG like Jason Kidd who can teach him how to put up Rajon Rondo type numbers. Glen Grunwald by far has been the best GM in the NBA since he took over for Donnie Walsh.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    Couldn't agree more man. One thing you can say about Felton is that he is a warrior and will never back down from a challenge.
    Unless that challenge is getting in shape and playing hard for the Blazers, of course.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I don't believe in Felton being the missing championship PG for NYK. Chalmers would of shut him down IMO.

Head to head stats, Chalmers defends Felton very well.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I don't believe in Felton being the missing championship PG for NYK. Chalmers would of shut him down IMO.

Head to head stats, Chalmers defends Felton very well.
    People questioned Chalmers ability to be the PG for Mia. which is why they signed Mike Bibby last year, and which is why all season long you heard rumors about which PG they would bring in.

When you have offensive talent like we have all you need is a PG to get them the ball.

Avery Johnson has an NBA Championship because he set up his team's offense and got the ball to Duncan and Robinson.

and I'l go on record saying Felton is a better PG than Avery Johnson

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Lins contract whether we accept has no relelvence on us getting another player with that money....

Will Dolan pay the luxury tax or let an asset like LIN who can only make us more of a contender to the Heat go......

My Vote is after the Larry Brown fiasco, the 9 million dollars sexual harassment its a no brainer....spend the money on LIN.....

Still feel like this ?

I didn't know just how good Raymond Felton is. I still don't think many people do. Raymond Felton is already pretty consistent and if he stays in NY I believe he will only get better. Raymond Felton is definitely the answer to the knicks puzzle at the point guard position. Here's something to watch before game time. Its a documentary about Raymond Felton in 2002. For those who don't know, He played alongside Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire in the McDonald's All-American game over a decade ago. Heres an article about it.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Its awesome how the coach in the documentary is like "I belive Felton is North Caronlina's next "Saviour" after Michael Jordan.", and How Felton was part of the team that brought the championship back to the Tar Heels in 2005.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoiRE_JVww
    Last edited by NewYork; May 01, 2013 at 14:41.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Felton is overrated as hell.

Never seen so much hyped for a PG who's ranked 27th in the NBA in terms of efficiency.

What he did in the NCAA is irrelevant especially since he played with 3 other lottery picks in Marvin Williams, Sean May, and Rashad McCants.

Felton is not the answer at PG. He's average as hell and will limit this team's potential from being the best in the NBA. We live in an era of PG's...Felton stands amongst the bottom.

I disagree, although I understand why you think that way because I did also before I knew about Felton's championship mentality and skill. We have our superstars in Melo and Stat. Even if a point guard like CP3 and Deron Williams came to NY, points would have to drop for these players somewhere. Felton can be a top scorer too. He has the skills, hes just an unselfish player and that's EXACTLY WHAT THE Knicks need to win the championship. You think Derrick Rose would put up the numbers he did on the same team as Carmelo given the fact that they both demand high number of posessions? I do believe Felton is up there in terms of skills, I believe his conditioning can be better and his defense is solid along with prigioni, which is a reason why the knicks got better in defense as a team this year.

Felton may have had ups and down on the Knicks, but he's been exceptional in this post-season.