Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

Raymond Felton got fat because he wasn't motivated.

He was in a place (Denver) where he played 2nd string to Ty Lawson. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the dude went from borderline all star status with us to afterthought the next. That's gotta mess with your psyche.

Next up, he went to Portland, a team that was projected to be great but fell apart due to injury (Roy and Oden....I wish all the best for Roy in Minny though, hope he turns it around). Slowly, that team began to fall into the crapper. Look back at the Blazer's past season. They ALL had bad years, save for Aldridge and I guess Batum. The whole entire team decided to blow it up mid season and Ray Ray knew he wasn't coming back to Portland.

When Felton was motivated, when Charlotte made the playoff push, when Amare and him dominated the P&R for half a season, the man was a warrior. Questionable shot selection, sure, but he was a bulldog.

Say what you want about Melo, but he wants to win, and being around Melo and Kidd will lead Felton to be motivated.

I don't know what's going to happen with Jeremy Lin, and while this wasn't what I was expecting, I am nevertheless optimistic. The next three years are going to be pretty magical, guys.
    Last edited by StreetDreams21; Jul 15, 2012 at 06:50.

Kurt Thomas?? Instead of getting younger and more athletic, we are putting together a geriatric team. WTF is Dolan thinking?

And can we stop this talk about getting CP3 in a SnT? We have no tradeable pieces that could possibly interest Clippers.

Lastly, I am happy that Felton is back but not too thrilled about him being a starter.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    Kurt Thomas?? Instead of getting younger and more athletic, we are putting together a geriatric team. WTF is Dolan thinking?

And can we stop this talk about getting CP3 in a SnT? We have no tradeable pieces that could possibly interest Clippers.

Lastly, I am happy that Felton is back but not too thrilled about him being a starter.
    LOL!!!
    who said he was a starter!?

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    LOL!!!
    who said he was a starter!?
    Oh, that's right. I forgot we signed the soon-to-be-wheelchair future HOFer PG from Dallas.

Are you serious that Kidd will play 82 games as a starter? He sucked last year huffing and puffing in Dallas.

Default O&B in the house

i think this was a great move. as much as i ragged on the Giraffe, he definitely found his niche,
    and I'm sorry to see him go. But trading him and Gadzooks for Felton and Kurt Thomas is NOT a bad move.

I think the Knicks will still sign Jeremy Lin. WHY?
    just to F*CK WITH HOUSTON C*CKETTES! We got Feltip, they cannot!

Having 3 true point guards (Young-Ling, medium-Fat Felton, and old man Kidd) who can
    supplement each other, and keep a steady flow at the point is key!

Having ex-Knicks back in the fold (Kurt Tom, Camby, Felton) is awesome!
    savvy vets, O&B!

either way, I'm very happy with these moves, I think Felton will get back in shape,
    he's got enough time to do it, and motivation!!

Now we wait 3 days and sign Lin! or not...
    c'mon Mr. Colon, suck it up and sign Spike Lin!! this team will be complete!!

PS: aw f*ck, I forgot about the Prigger!
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Jul 15, 2012 at 01:17. Reason: Prigger!

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    i think this was a great move. as much as i ragged on the Giraffe, he definitely found his niche,
    and I'm sorry to see him go. But trading him and Gadzooks for Felton and Kurt Thomas is NOT a bad move.

I think the Knicks will still sign Jeremy Lin. WHY?
    just to F*CK WITH HOUSTON C*CKETTES! We got Feltip, they cannot!

Having 3 true point guards (Young-Ling, medium-Fat Felton, and old man Kidd) who can
    supplement each other, and keep a steady flow at the point is key!

Having ex-Knicks back in the fold (Kurt Tom, Camby, Felton) is awesome!
    savvy vets, O&B!

either way, I'm very happy with these moves, I think Felton will get back in shape,
    he's got enough time to do it, and motivation!!

Now we wait 3 days and sign Lin! or not...
    c'mon Mr. Colon, suck it up and sign Spike Lin!! this team will be complete!!

PS: aw f*ck, I forgot about the Prigger!
    We got to add Kmart as well. Then another SG i suppose.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy

CP3 to the knicks is a very real possibility now that melo and cp3 are holding hands in vegas
    Jared Zwerling
    ‏@JaredZwerling

Melo & Chris Paul walked through media room here in Vegas & Melo said, referring to CP3, "You'll see him in NY in a couple years."(smiling).

Melo dose not t want Lin stealing his shine or him on the team period. the. end.
    expect a deadline trade of some sort

Originally Posted by WeReady
    Melo dose not t want Lin stealing his shine or him on the team period. the. end.
    Melo never has to worry about Lin replacing him as the top dog in New York. CP3, OTOH, might do that.

How is this team going to beat Miami with a fat and slow PG backed up by a old and slow PG?

Sam Amick
    ‏@sam_amick

Conflicting info out there, but source insists Raymond Felton's deal with New York will pay him approximately $18 million over four years.

i don't know what to make of it really thats way too much for someone who bombed last season

CP3 to the knicks is a very real possibility now that melo and cp3 are holding hands in vegas
    Jared Zwerling
    ‏@JaredZwerling

Melo & Chris Paul walked through media room here in Vegas & Melo said, referring to CP3, "You'll see him in NY in a couple years."(smiling).

CP is another pipe dream! What trading assets do we have with CP3?

CP will demand a max contract, at least 20 mil/year. Mind you, he just turned down a 3-year 60 million from Clips. If you suggest Lin and he makes 5mil/year. Where is the rest of 15 mil? Lin+Tyson for CP3?

We CAN'T keep Stat, Melo, Tyson, and CP3 on the same roster. Cap wont allow it. And I am sure Clippers want nothing to do with Stat.

NBA is not about buddy buddy playing together. It's all about money and cap. If you think CP is buddy enough with Melo and will play for anything less than 20 mil/year, you are sorely mistaken.

The best way CP play for the Knicks is to pull a Melo: just refuse to sign extension other than Knicks next year. I am sure Melo can teach plenty in that!

Superstar

Trying to confirm a few rumors surrounding this Felton deal:

(1) Felton could make as much as $15-18M over 3 yrs in this S&T, not the $10 being reported.

(2) The deal was expanded to include Jon Diebler going to the Knicks and a 2016 2nd rounder going to Portland.

(3) Someone, maybe Isola, reported something about "the rights to 2 European players" being included..I think he may have said the Knicks acquired the rights to 2 Euro. players but did he really mean to say Portland acquired the rights, possibly referring to Printezis, Papanikolaou, Nivins?

(4) Felton came out and said somewhere that the Knicks will not match the offer sheet on Lin.

----------------------

- Obviously, I like Felton better at $10M, esp. coming off the poor yr in Portland where he looked fat and played very erratic.

- Very quietly, Jon Diebler would make for a very nice pickup here, esp. given the fact that we're still thin at the 2. 6'6" SG from Ohio State can really shoot it. Definitely worth the 2016 2nd round pick imo. I like this kid. Makes me feel a little better about this deal. A 2nd pure shooter to go along with Novak.

- Something tells me Isola or whoever maybe meant to say Portland acquired the rights to 2 Euros. in this deal, not vice versa. Does Portland even have an Euros. stashed overseas right now? If so, who are they? If we in fact threw in 2 Euros, it feels like a bit much, no?

- For Ray to come out and say that about Lin, I mean is that what Grunwald & the Knicks told him? Felton might know something we all don't know yet -- that Lin's a goner. This deal would seem to indicate as much anyway.
    Last edited by finestrg; Jul 15, 2012 at 02:39.

Riverside!

Sam Amick
    ‏@sam_amick

Conflicting info out there, but source insists Raymond Felton's deal with New York will pay him approximately $18 million over four years.

i don't know what to make of it really thats way too much for someone who bombed last season
    agreed and in all honesty 6 mil more for J Lin is a better move and a better profit.

Still don't fully understand the whole move. I get the luxury tax crap and maybe Lin was being greedy signing the second offer sheet with Houston, but if we dont match Lin then this might have been a personal thing. Knicks were so pissed off he signed a ridiculous deal that was unmatchable to them.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Trying to confirm a few rumors surrounding this Felton deal:

(1) Felton could make as much as $15-18M over 3 yrs in this S&T, not the $10 being reported.

(2) The deal was expanded to include Jon Diebler going to the Knicks and a 2016 2nd rounder going to Portland.

(3) Someone, maybe Isola, reported something about "the rights to 2 European players" being included..I think he may have said the Knicks acquired the rights to 2 Euro. players but did he really mean to say Portland acquired the rights, possibly referring to Printezis, Papanikolaou, Nivins?

(4) Felton came out and said somewhere that the Knicks will not match the offer sheet on Lin.

----------------------

- Obviously, I like Felton better at $10M, esp. coming off the poor yr in Portland where he looked fat and played very erratic.

- Very quietly, Jon Diebler would make for a very nice pickup here, esp. given the fact that we're still thin at the 2. 6'6" SG from Ohio State can really shoot it. Definitely worth the 2016 2nd round pick imo. I like this kid. Makes me feel a little better about this deal. A 2nd pure shooter to go along with Novak.

- Something tells me Isola or whoever maybe meant to say Portland acquired the rights to 2 Euros. in this deal, not vice versa. Does Portland even have an Euros. stashed overseas right now? If so, who are they? If we in fact threw in 2 Euros, it feels like a bit much, no?

- For Ray to come out and say that about Lin, I mean is that what Grunwald & the Knicks told him? Felton might know something we all don't know yet -- that Lin's a goner. This deal would seem to indicate as much anyway.
    we recieved two portland players that they drafted and we gave them a 2nd rounder that is all

Superstar

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    we recieved two portland players that they drafted and we gave them a 2nd rounder that is all
    OK, just saw that Diebler was playing overseas last yr so he's gotta be one of the 2. Makes more sense now...I know they drafted Diebler late in the 2nd round last yr.. I wonder who the 2nd guy could be (Will Barton?). Maybe it's someone they acquired in a trade within the last couple of yrs.