Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

That's just an ignorant statement. They played under different circumstances. Felton was playing an uptempo system without a ball dominant scorer like Carmelo.

Everyones assists drop when playing with Melo. To me Felton is average in all PG skills. He's nothing special, but he's not bad either. I think it's more than fine having Felton when the offense should go through Melo on this team.

It may seem ignorant because you're stumbling over the facts homie. Both Lin and Felton played D'Ant's game, but Felton fits better under a slower pace game and has good defensive awareness as far as clogging passing lanes. Lin plays reakless, at high speed, and will burn himself out or even worse. I like what we have going for us right now. In the least we know what Felton will bring (I've seen enough of his games over the years). We can't say the same for Lin.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Felton understood the magnitude of playing in NYC the first time and i'm positive he will respect that again. I could care less what he did with DEN/POR because it always looked like that trade shook him up a bit. We've already seen what he can do when he's motivated and in a comfortable setting. Felton's stats were actually better than Lin's with the same coach and over 20 more games played!

Linsanity has blinded most people but not me. All I saw was a guy who came in a played some good basketball and led the team over wins against mostly subpar competition. The fact that he's Asian descent and from Harvard made him a huge star when Felton nearly played his way to an all-star game and got minimal attention.

Bottom line, if they re-sign him great.. but if they don't I won't feel like its a loss for the team.

MY LAST POINT:
We ALL know this team will go as far as Melo, Tyson and Amare allow it to go. While TC and Melo have been productive, Amare has been mostly non-productive and said to be a bad pairing for Melo. Well, who was the one guy that had Amare playing at a high level?? Who was the pg that built chemistry with Amare which most of us were all raving about?? FELTON!

If the guy comes to camp in shape, none of us should worry about him. He's a warrior that would definitely be on the court with his teammates at 85% health.

Couldn't agree more man. One thing you can say about Felton is that he is a warrior and will never back down from a challenge.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Felton might be overweight but hes still good. I never wanted him to be traded in the first place. Honestly though **** lin we need players who wanna be here and wanna bring a chip to the garden. Not some kid who wants to play on a depleted houston roster. Have fun lin.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It may seem ignorant because you're stumbling over the facts homie. Both Lin and Felton played D'Ant's game, but Felton fits better under a slower pace game and has good defensive awareness as far as clogging passing lanes. Lin plays reakless, at high speed, and will burn himself out or even worse. I like what we have going for us right now. In the least we know what Felton will bring (I've seen enough of his games over the years). We can't say the same for Lin.

There you have it folks. Also, we KNOW Felton has built chemistry with Amare.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
am I the only one that hates Felton with a passion? Except a Felton Hate Bandwagon from me soon.

Just asking for the sake of convo... What do you hate about him?

We're not saying he's God but for what we need and the price and his attitude when motivated could be a huge plus for us.

metrocard

Legend
Felton's lack of speed or agility kills me. I like thunderfast PG's like Wall, Paul, Jennings, Barbosa, Parker, Telfair, Barea or agile freaks like Nash, Lin, Wall, Holliday, etc.

Plus, Felton never been great at anything, nor horrible. He's just a default player, nothing to get excited about. It BORES me.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I think your boy Billy Hoyle summed it all up perfectly.

I am holding onto a slim as hell hope that Dolan comes to his senses & matches this offer & makes fools of Steven A Smith, the Houston Rockets & all the rest of the ESPN reporters & all of us upset Knick fans in the process. But I highly doubt it will go down like that. I think Lin is gone, & it's a damn shame that it had to come to this. All for the sake of an extra $5M on his contract, which to me is peanuts compared to the extra endorsement dollars he would have made if he were playing in NYC next season.

It's actually 3 million less than the original agreement of 4 years 28.8. With the flood of automatic match rumors, Morey went back to the drawing board to design a deal that would be close to unmatchable. So he funneled that back end of the original deal into the max salary he could get into year 3.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Dude, all I want is wins, you can put Spike Lee at point for all I care, just make it happen and bring a championship to the knicks.

Felton was good while he was here and i'm glad he is back, now I would like Lin also matched as the ideal situation. If it doesn't happen, i'll live with it

New New York

Quiet Storm
Felton's lack of speed or agility kills me. I like thunderfast PG's like Wall, Paul, Jennings, Barbosa, Parker, Telfair, Barea or agile freaks like Nash, Lin, Wall, Holliday, etc.

Plus, Felton never been great at anything, nor horrible. He's just a default player, nothing to get excited about. It BORES me.

Toney Parker (he's on your list but I would not consider him quick or agile)
Eric Snow
Chauncy Billups
Derek Harper
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
Mark Jackson

These are some past and present PG's that were not exciting nor athletic. The new age PG's play like SG's who can pass the rock. I'm not knocking them, but they are not neccessary for every team!

Plus speed can lead to recklessness and eratic play (read Jeremy Lin).

And C'mon you would really rather Telfair or Berea over Felton?

I think you can make a case about last time Felton being here he was not the type of PG we needed (although his numbers were solid) but our current lineup needs nothing more than a solid PG who can run the show for us! We just need a ready made PG who can defend and plays with heart.

I'll take a head smart PG over an Athlete any day for this lineup.

Jason Kidd carved out a Great NBA career with limited athletic ability, he is smart and crafty which is why he is still playing.

again a team like The Thunder would do better with a athletic PG, but we are not an overly athletic team.

Raymond Felton is a little above average PG and that's all we need.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Toney Parker (he's on your list but I would not consider him quick or agile)
Eric Snow
Chauncy Billups
Derek Harper
Jameer Nelson
Jose Calderon
Mark Jackson

These are some past and present PG's that were not exciting nor athletic. The new age PG's play like SG's who can pass the rock. I'm not knocking them, but they are not neccessary for every team!

Plus speed can lead to recklessness and eratic play (read Jeremy Lin).

And C'mon you would really rather Telfair or Berea over Felton?

I think you can make a case about last time Felton being here he was not the type of PG we needed (although his numbers were solid) but our current lineup needs nothing more than a solid PG who can run the show for us! We just need a ready made PG who can defend and plays with heart.

I'll take a head smart PG over an Athlete any day for this lineup.

Jason Kidd carved out a Great NBA career with limited athletic ability, he is smart and crafty which is why he is still playing.

again a team like The Thunder would do better with a athletic PG, but we are not an overly athletic team.

Raymond Felton is a little above average PG and that's all we need.

Kidd was John Wall when he first started. Fastest guy in the league with the ball. Developed into a bit of Oscar Robertson during his Phx and early NJ days. Now in the sunset of his career he has bought time by smartly managing his gas tank through out the season. Defensively he's relied a lot on reversing offensive sets, knowing where a certain player have to go before the set is executed.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I miss Billups he made the STAT and Melo combo work well we just lacked role players imagine

Billups
Shumpert
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler
Smith
Novak
Camby

Maybe add Kenyon Martin and a young PG to groom like DJO

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I miss Billups he made the STAT and Melo combo work well we just lacked role players imagine

Billups
Shumpert
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler
Smith
Novak
Camby

Maybe add Kenyon Martin and a young PG to groom like DJO

felton and amare were crazy good.. we've never even seen felton with melo too

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
The guy put up double digits when he wasn't a Knick. I'll take him. I just hope he doesn't pull a Jamarcus Russell and shows up looking like Fat Albert.