Seriously? im done

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
according to sources he felt slighted. he would have matched and taken the financial hit IMO and would count on the asian market to shore up the losses

"According to sources." Right.... According to sources Lebron James has been a Knick for the past 2 years. Even if I hear Dolan himself say that he felt slighted I wouldn't believe it. This isn't the 8th grade dance where the girl you like won't dance with you. We're talking real money. 40 million. The richer people get the more they care about money, and 40 million is a lot of cash....Yeah, the Billionaire owner of Cablevision and MSG gets his feelings hurt by a 24 year old Kid looking for a better contrac That makes a lot of sense...Think about that for a second...Then think about 40 million dollars. He doesn't want to pay because he already has the season tickets sold and the MSG Timewarner deal in place.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Grudges should not get in the way of business and making money. It makes sense in every way from a financial and basketball standpoint. I just don't get it.

The argument that Lin might not gel with Melo and Stat may be true but that's why we have felton and kidd in case Lin chokes. The guy had a great season last year any way you put it and he was a shoo in for the starter role.

But, something is going on under the table that we don't know. Or maybe Dolan is showing early signs of dementia.

Dolan has been fully demented since the early 2000s.

Lin dropped 18/7 as a starter last year, and that's including the stunted numbers post-Groin Return. So let's move beyond this 14/6 figure everyone throws at us.

And if Lin fails to mesh with Melo, this is not because Lin choked.

As a human being, because that's what we all are, I hope Lin goes to Houston where he is welcome, and where he won't have to deal with the naysayers and playa-hataz.

Newbie, I didn't get the htr10 joke, but I'm sure it was funny.

What's going on here is a disgrace. It can't be about the money because New York drops top-dollar on guys that no one else would drop top-dollar on, and they do this repeatedly.

If there is some baby mama drama, I don't know, it all seems pretty queer to me, like everything else with this team.

Cluster **** is the best way to describe this team.

For the record, I want Lin back as well, but it has become much more of a coin flip given the contract situation. Regardless of the moves made, I'm still a fan of this team no matter how hard it may have tried over the years to shake me.

KingCharles34

All Star
iv been a knicks fan since i got into basketball in my preteen years....33 now.

I take fan team allegiance pretty serious.....being a ranger and knick fan i have always stood by them.

but what this ownership/front office is doing with this team is tantamount to driving the titanic into an iceberg, even when seeing it 2 miles away. I dont think lin was a huge superstar, but he was/is a rising commodity. who in their right mind signs a fat dude and an aging fck up instead of him?

Luckily there is hope. there is a new team in NYC and i may just hop onboard in there inagural year. Even if they have an average front office, im already 2 steps ahead of this clown run circus.

d will, joe johnson, brook lopez and THE dominant center in the league coming at some point? yeh....... GO BKNY

fckin knicks.......

pacspit.gif

STAT1

Starter
As a lifelong Knicks fan, I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back. If Lin is going to take his talents to Houston next season, then so be it. Anyone who wants to abandon ship & jump over to the Nets bandwagon please be my guest. Up to you how you want to spend your money. Personally I'm 1 of those fans who think all these years of suffering are going to pay off... someday... hopefully.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
As a lifelong Knicks fan, I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back. If Lin is going to take his talents to Houston next season, then so be it. Anyone who wants to abandon ship & jump over to the Nets bandwagon please be my guest. Up to you how you want to spend your money. Personally I'm 1 of those fans who think all these years of suffering are going to pay off... someday... hopefully.

No joke, i'm done suffering and ready for some good years again...

orangeblobman

Rotation player

Yea, it always pays off, but the question is whether you will be alive when it does or not?

At this point, I'm all like "whatever, man".

If Lin doesn't re-sign, I don't see any reason to follow the Knicks next season.

I think the biggest reason would be this forum, because I genuinely enjoy the company here.

But this team? It's a joke.

I'm resisting the urge to go too deep here, but this is all a big joke.

Top Good Feelings as a Fan of Sports, since 1984:

1. Croatia 1998 World Cup
2. Ivanisevic 2001
3. Linsanity 2012
4. Dirk winning championship

Now this guy wants me to watch Felton, Melo, JR Smith and Amar'e next year.

Yea aiiight.

Dolan has been fully demented since the early 2000s.

Lin dropped 18/7 as a starter last year, and that's including the stunted numbers post-Groin Return. So let's move beyond this 14/6 figure everyone throws at us.

And if Lin fails to mesh with Melo, this is not because Lin choked.

As a human being, because that's what we all are, I hope Lin goes to Houston where he is welcome, and where he won't have to deal with the naysayers and playa-hataz.

Newbie, I didn't get the htr10 joke, but I'm sure it was funny.

What's going on here is a disgrace. It can't be about the money because New York drops top-dollar on guys that no one else would drop top-dollar on, and they do this repeatedly.

If there is some baby mama drama, I don't know, it all seems pretty queer to me, like everything else with this team.

Cluster **** is the best way to describe this team.
You hope Lin goes back to Houston where they wanted him do badly that they cut him last year? Give me a break

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Reading this **** makes me sick **** Lin and the nets stay the **** off my board you bandwagon maggots your no better then Heat fans and your post mean zero. #knicks

Rob Low

Rotation player
Not sure how a lot of you guys actually feel good when the Knicks start winning when you're just gonna jump ship whenever something goes wrong. Im upset about the move too but no matter how bad Dolan messes up this team, I will be a Knicks fan for life and so will my kids and their kids.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Can't wait for this ish to be over

We keep saying its a team sport but we are now putting Lin above the team, its like Tebow in Denver, a lot of guys were happy when he left and I'm a Jets fan so I gotta deal with 2 guys gettin more buzz than my teams

For the record if he stays I'm for it, if he leaves I'm for it,management will do what they feel and we just have to move on

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Not sure how a lot of you guys actually feel good when the Knicks start winning when you're just gonna jump ship whenever something goes wrong. Im upset about the move too but no matter how bad Dolan messes up this team, I will be a Knicks fan for life and so will my kids and their kids.

My point exactley if its not a fad they don't want to be apart of it. Knicks is not for everyone bitchs stay away from the paint we have grown men down here. Go cheer for that D League **** in Houston when you realize that **** was hype don't put O & B on.

I am happy this might happen so we can really see where the snakes are at. Yeah your a ****ing snake for jumping from team to team ...

TakMan

Rotation player
A good deal of "fans" on this forum joined during the "Linsanity" stretch. Did they ever support the Knicks prior to this? I very much doubt it. Are they even basketball fans? Again I doubt it as there are players that are far superior to Lin (even on the Knicks roster). So what are these followers then. My personal opinion is that they are borderline cultish. If these people were given a function area, they would no doubt use it for events such as drinking blood to honour Jeremy Lin, they would likely sacrifice one member of the group,(in order to appease the jinx gods) whenever Lin was going through a slump, and no doubt would commit mass suicide when Lin's playing days came to an end. One definite positive that would come out of Lin's departure would be that these people would become the problem of Houston forums and fans.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
I laugh at the op's title and comment. You let 1 member dictate your positional support of the team? WOW. J Lin was real good for NY and got us in the national news for a couple of months but dude.... he played 25 games in a strike shortened condensed season where most players were out of shape and expecting not to even play the season. ... has a couple of great games in those 25 but holes in his game are clearly exposed against top tier teams....comes playoff time....were talking playoffs here and your 85% healthy yet refuse to play and support your team? Not star material in my book. Not with the other hall of fame stars who bounced in a la Willis Reed style more injured and less healthy than Lin.
Fast forward to this and we are expected to pay almost $40 million for you?
C'mon son!!!!

Make no mistake I am sure there are some other mitigating factors here that we may not be privy to but just these facts alone make this a smart intelligent play for the Knicks who should be praised for this move. And for all the bandwagon jumpers...we'll pull over to the side and let you jump off right now!

Not for nothing, when we came away from the Summer of Lebron with only Amare and Felton to show for it, people thought we'd be a joke. Instead, we had a really exciting first half to a season (until the trade, which brought a different kind of excitement). You never know what a team is going to do based on its roster. I want Lin back, but our franchise is putting a team on the court with or without him.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Here's my thing, lin isnt worth the money but for us to actually say dont sign him becauae of the poison pill and salary cap ramifications is wrong. I'm not paying him so hell yeah I say match the offer we really cant make many moves for the next few years anyway and if if it was the wrong de ision we can tradehim for a first rounder in year 2. However if we dont have him then the name of the game is to upgrade at the PG position ans we did, our PG position is the best its been since ward and Childs held it down ans is better. We will be fine we have players that want be Gere instead of immature leaders like stat and melo, let them score the points

CA7

Scoring Champ
To be honest instead of making this move for Felton and wanting to get a more Woodson style PG why didn't we go after Devin Harris

Harris isn't the prototype PG but is at his best playing off of the low post kick outs and catching and penetrating on rotations, his defense is also solid

Then again this was all last minute