Seriously? im done

portega1968

El Cacique
I'm definitely not happy with seeing Lin go. I was confident he was gonna be a huge player for us going forward. And I definitely wish we had a better owner than the Dolans.

That said, I have been a Knicks fan for more than three decades and will have the orange and blue blood in my veins till the day I die. My ultimate loyalty is to the team, not the players and not the owners.

wynton

Rookie
Reed was still playing when I became a Knicks fan. I have stuck with this team through it all. For the first time ever, I am angry enough to contemplate giving up on them. Often fans says such things,without following through, but my feeling is sincere.

I don't assume that Lin will be a star or even an adequate starter. He may not. But failing to resign Lin goes beyond just this year's team. Linsanity was more fun I've had watching this team since Ewing was in his prime. And chief among the reasons I was looking forward to this season was the chance to see young players (Lin and Shump, and even Harrelson) develop. Watching young players with potential is MUCH more fun than watching established stars on the downside of their career.

Failing to resign Lin tells me that this management doesn't care about developing talent, and is once more going the Isiah route of obtaining aged players who can band-aid over the deficiencies. It is a terrible way to run an organization.

Maybe they won't be much worse with Felton running things, instead of Lin. But I know that I'll have much less fun watching them. And for the first time, I'll think about following some other team, one that nurtures young players.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Reed was still playing when I became a Knicks fan. I have stuck with this team through it all. For the first time ever, I am angry enough to contemplate giving up on them. Often fans says such things,without following through, but my feeling is sincere.

I don't assume that Lin will be a star or even an adequate starter. He may not. But failing to resign Lin goes beyond just this year's team. Linsanity was more fun I've had watching this team since Ewing was in his prime. And chief among the reasons I was looking forward to this season was the chance to see young players (Lin and Shump, and even Harrelson) develop. Watching young players with potential is MUCH more fun than watching established stars on the downside of their career.

Failing to resign Lin tells me that this management doesn't care about developing talent, and is once more going the Isiah route of obtaining aged players who can band-aid over the deficiencies. It is a terrible way to run an organization.

Maybe they won't be much worse with Felton running things, instead of Lin. But I know that I'll have much less fun watching them. And for the first time, I'll think about following some other team, one that nurtures young players.
Thank you for your services.

LMAO PTFO

Benchwarmer
You know what???!!!

I'm sick and tired of some of the fans who have nothing better
to do than to generalize and criticize people who happen to be a fan
of Jeremy Lin. You don't like him? That's your choice, I don't
care either way. And, I'm not losing sleep over it. BUT.......

F*ck you, too!! for feeling the need to put his fans down!! :countdown:

Awww, that feels better. :smokin:

The subset of Knicks' fans on this board who will not be around this coming season if Jeremy Lin is not a Knick should really reflect further on the reason why the rest of us won't be all that sad to see you go.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

You summarize how I feel too. I'm not going to follow another team (hell, hell no), but to say that I'm pissed with how the Knicks have handled this is an understatement.

If they're going to pass on Lin, do it because you can get someone good. Not a lazy fatass who is a terrible shooter and was a locker room cancer.

petescud

Starter
When the offseason began we were all talking about resigning Fields and Lin. We all suggested like 3 million a year should get both of them. Similar contracts that Kidd and Felton will get. Once these guys were getting 7 mil a year offers (over the course of the contract) even mgmt must had thought like us. So here we are. Real fans cheer their team, no matter what. Its what we do. Chime in anytime now Spike. I've been a Knick fan now since 1966-67. I live 4 hrs from the Miami Heat . Do you really think i ever thought of jumping ship. Pleeeese Fool

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The thing is the Knicks didn't even try to retain them. They should've at least offered them some sort of a respectable contract during the season or before free agency.

Now, they're instead sinking 3.7 million a year into STEVE NOVAK lol

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
There is, but nobody's excited to see Raymond Felton.

Jeremy Lin = Everyone's hyped up to see how good he can be with a full training camp.

Raymond Felton = Everyone's hoping he shows up to training camp in shape.

No hype in the latter case, we're just dreading the worst and expecting little.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
i feel ya bro

i think this is all Dolan again.

Dolan felt offended by Lin and now has a personal anger at the kid.

There's no doubt they would have matched as they said, anything under a billion. same ownership that screwed the fans with the MSG Fiasco, until Lin came along and forced their hand. They were happy to make money off him then.

Anyway, I think its the best for all parties involved. Mike Woodson would prefer a veteran over lin and Lin didnt exactly play well with Carmelo. He played best with role players Jeffries, Fields, Shump and Chandler. I think he would have played even better with STAT - if STAT was only completely healthy. He played best underthe DAntoni offense with isolation plays peppered in - now those ISOs all go to the ballhog Carmelo and Lin would be useless

As for Lin he will now lose the pressure of the NY media and spotlight and play for Houston which already has a huge Asian fanbase, best outside of NY and Toronto
Hope he lives up to expectations and improves his game

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
i feel ya bro

i think this is all Dolan again.

Dolan felt offended by Lin and now has a personal anger at the kid.

There's no doubt they would have matched as they said, anything under a billion. same ownership that screwed the fans with the MSG Fiasco, until Lin came along and forced their hand. They were happy to make money off him then.

Anyway, I think its the best for all parties involved. Mike Woodson would prefer a veteran over lin and Lin didnt exactly play well with Carmelo. He played best with role players and an up temp DAntoni offense with isolation plays - now those ISOs all go to the ballhog Carmelo and Lin would be useless

So Dolan saving 40 million from his pocket by not matching has nothing to do with it? It's just personal because Lin wanted 15 million instead of 10?? That makes a lot of sense.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
If Lin leaves, I am not sure what they expect us to follow next season.

I won't go as far as to say that I will jump ship to Brooklyn Nets, but I can imagine going the entire season without watching a single game, whether on television or in person.

Future is bleak indeed.

We're talking about a team that constantly bids against itself when signing over-hyped and over-rated stars. But now, for Lin, suddenly a couple million is a problem. Smh.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
There is, but nobody's excited to see Raymond Felton.

Jeremy Lin = Everyone's hyped up to see how good he can be with a full training camp.

Raymond Felton = Everyone's hoping he shows up to training camp in shape.

No hype in the latter case, we're just dreading the worst and expecting little.

like i said, blame Dolan. He has personal grudges against certain people. Before it was Ewing. Now its Lin.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
So Dolan saving 40 million from his pocket by not matching has nothing to do with it? It's just personal because Lin wanted 15 million instead of 10?? That makes a lot of sense.

according to sources he felt slighted. he would have matched and taken the financial hit IMO and would count on the asian market to shore up the losses

Benchwarmer
If Lin leaves, I am not sure what they expect us to follow next season.

I won't go as far as to say that I will jump ship to Brooklyn Nets, but I can imagine going the entire season without watching a single game, whether on television or in person.

Shhhhh!! Don't ya know that htr10 is salivating right about now!! :rolling:

:lol: :mrgreen:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Grudges should not get in the way of business and making money. It makes sense in every way from a financial and basketball standpoint. I just don't get it.

The argument that Lin might not gel with Melo and Stat may be true but that's why we have felton and kidd in case Lin chokes. The guy had a great season last year any way you put it and he was a shoo in for the starter role.

But, something is going on under the table that we don't know. Or maybe Dolan is showing early signs of dementia.