Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Seriously? im done

Re: Jumping the gun

It ain't over until it's over. I think there's alot of assuming going on.

Veteran

There is, but nobody's excited to see Raymond Felton.

Jeremy Lin = Everyone's hyped up to see how good he can be with a full training camp.

Raymond Felton = Everyone's hoping he shows up to training camp in shape.

No hype in the latter case, we're just dreading the worst and expecting little.

i feel ya bro

i think this is all Dolan again.

Dolan felt offended by Lin and now has a personal anger at the kid.

There's no doubt they would have matched as they said, anything under a billion. same ownership that screwed the fans with the MSG Fiasco, until Lin came along and forced their hand. They were happy to make money off him then.

Anyway, I think its the best for all parties involved. Mike Woodson would prefer a veteran over lin and Lin didnt exactly play well with Carmelo. He played best with role players Jeffries, Fields, Shump and Chandler. I think he would have played even better with STAT - if STAT was only completely healthy. He played best underthe DAntoni offense with isolation plays peppered in - now those ISOs all go to the ballhog Carmelo and Lin would be useless

As for Lin he will now lose the pressure of the NY media and spotlight and play for Houston which already has a huge Asian fanbase, best outside of NY and Toronto
    Hope he lives up to expectations and improves his game

Originally Posted by Asimov
    i feel ya bro

i think this is all Dolan again.

Dolan felt offended by Lin and now has a personal anger at the kid.

There's no doubt they would have matched as they said, anything under a billion. same ownership that screwed the fans with the MSG Fiasco, until Lin came along and forced their hand. They were happy to make money off him then.

Anyway, I think its the best for all parties involved. Mike Woodson would prefer a veteran over lin and Lin didnt exactly play well with Carmelo. He played best with role players and an up temp DAntoni offense with isolation plays - now those ISOs all go to the ballhog Carmelo and Lin would be useless
    So Dolan saving 40 million from his pocket by not matching has nothing to do with it? It's just personal because Lin wanted 15 million instead of 10?? That makes a lot of sense.

If Lin leaves, I am not sure what they expect us to follow next season.

I won't go as far as to say that I will jump ship to Brooklyn Nets, but I can imagine going the entire season without watching a single game, whether on television or in person.

Future is bleak indeed.

We're talking about a team that constantly bids against itself when signing over-hyped and over-rated stars. But now, for Lin, suddenly a couple million is a problem. Smh.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    There is, but nobody's excited to see Raymond Felton.

Jeremy Lin = Everyone's hyped up to see how good he can be with a full training camp.

Raymond Felton = Everyone's hoping he shows up to training camp in shape.

No hype in the latter case, we're just dreading the worst and expecting little.
    like i said, blame Dolan. He has personal grudges against certain people. Before it was Ewing. Now its Lin.

Originally Posted by BillyHoyle
    So Dolan saving 40 million from his pocket by not matching has nothing to do with it? It's just personal because Lin wanted 15 million instead of 10?? That makes a lot of sense.
    according to sources he felt slighted. he would have matched and taken the financial hit IMO and would count on the asian market to shore up the losses

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    If Lin leaves, I am not sure what they expect us to follow next season.

I won't go as far as to say that I will jump ship to Brooklyn Nets, but I can imagine going the entire season without watching a single game, whether on television or in person.
    Shhhhh!! Don't ya know that htr10 is salivating right about now!!

Grudges should not get in the way of business and making money. It makes sense in every way from a financial and basketball standpoint. I just don't get it.

The argument that Lin might not gel with Melo and Stat may be true but that's why we have felton and kidd in case Lin chokes. The guy had a great season last year any way you put it and he was a shoo in for the starter role.

But, something is going on under the table that we don't know. Or maybe Dolan is showing early signs of dementia.

Veteran

like i said, blame Dolan. He has personal grudges against certain people. Before it was Ewing. Now its Lin.
    He had one against Camby too way back in the day.

according to sources he felt slighted. he would have matched and taken the financial hit IMO and would count on the asian market to shore up the losses
    "According to sources." Right.... According to sources Lebron James has been a Knick for the past 2 years. Even if I hear Dolan himself say that he felt slighted I wouldn't believe it. This isn't the 8th grade dance where the girl you like won't dance with you. We're talking real money. 40 million. The richer people get the more they care about money, and 40 million is a lot of cash....Yeah, the Billionaire owner of Cablevision and MSG gets his feelings hurt by a 24 year old Kid looking for a better contrac That makes a lot of sense...Think about that for a second...Then think about 40 million dollars. He doesn't want to pay because he already has the season tickets sold and the MSG Timewarner deal in place.

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    Grudges should not get in the way of business and making money. It makes sense in every way from a financial and basketball standpoint. I just don't get it.

The argument that Lin might not gel with Melo and Stat may be true but that's why we have felton and kidd in case Lin chokes. The guy had a great season last year any way you put it and he was a shoo in for the starter role.

But, something is going on under the table that we don't know. Or maybe Dolan is showing early signs of dementia.
    Dolan has been fully demented since the early 2000s.

Lin dropped 18/7 as a starter last year, and that's including the stunted numbers post-Groin Return. So let's move beyond this 14/6 figure everyone throws at us.

And if Lin fails to mesh with Melo, this is not because Lin choked.

As a human being, because that's what we all are, I hope Lin goes to Houston where he is welcome, and where he won't have to deal with the naysayers and playa-hataz.

Newbie, I didn't get the htr10 joke, but I'm sure it was funny.

What's going on here is a disgrace. It can't be about the money because New York drops top-dollar on guys that no one else would drop top-dollar on, and they do this repeatedly.

If there is some baby mama drama, I don't know, it all seems pretty queer to me, like everything else with this team.

Cluster **** is the best way to describe this team.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Newbie
    Shhhhh!! Don't ya know that htr10 is salivating right about now!!

So much so that I'm having to hold a towel under my mouth to keep from flooding the room.

Veteran

For the record, I want Lin back as well, but it has become much more of a coin flip given the contract situation. Regardless of the moves made, I'm still a fan of this team no matter how hard it may have tried over the years to shake me.

Originally Posted by vrgadin
    iv been a knicks fan since i got into basketball in my preteen years....33 now.

I take fan team allegiance pretty serious.....being a ranger and knick fan i have always stood by them.

but what this ownership/front office is doing with this team is tantamount to driving the titanic into an iceberg, even when seeing it 2 miles away. I dont think lin was a huge superstar, but he was/is a rising commodity. who in their right mind signs a fat dude and an aging fck up instead of him?

Luckily there is hope. there is a new team in NYC and i may just hop onboard in there inagural year. Even if they have an average front office, im already 2 steps ahead of this clown run circus.

d will, joe johnson, brook lopez and THE dominant center in the league coming at some point? yeh....... GO BKNY

fckin knicks.......