Seriously? im done

wynton

Rookie
Does someone here actually want to make the case that Felton is better now, and has more of an upside than Lin?

Because if you can't make that case, then letting Lin go is nothing more than a money decision, and a poor one at that. Lin's contract has no effect on the salary cap. It would mean paying the luxury tax in one year, at worst, and more likely, his contract would be considered a tradeable asset. Meanwhile, Dolan has been overpaying for over-the-hill veterans.

With Felton, the limits of this team are very easy to say. With Lin, there is uncertainty, but potential.

That's why the anger is justified, and goes beyond Lin. I'm angry because I see the team continuing the awful practice of restocking with safe, but limited veterans, rather than developing talent.

This off-season, we've seen this team try to trade Shump (for Nash), trade Harrelson and let go of Lin (for nothing). In isolation, any one of those moves may make sense. Together, they confirm that we're doomed to a short-term approach that settles for making the playoffs, without a long-term plan to win a championship.

To be honest instead of making this move for Felton and wanting to get a more Woodson style PG why didn't we go after Devin Harris

Harris isn't the prototype PG but is at his best playing off of the low post kick outs and catching and penetrating on rotations, his defense is also solid

Then again this was all last minute

Good rec, Harris isn't the same player he used to but he is still one of the fastest players in sports and he is a pure slasher.Jumper is shaky but good suggested non the less.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
bandwagon.jpg
bye bye fellas see you when the next hype wave rides in.....

We should be happy. What's all the frowning faces for?
What ever the case may be I?m sure one of these teams is going to look pretty silly when it?s all said and done. As I mentioned before?the Knicks don?t need JLin?.JLin needed the Knicks and probably still does. He will go nowhere playing on that busted Rockets team. He will just get pimped out and exposed even more due to no longer having a decent squad around him. Teams are going to go at him hard and if his knee isn?t healed properly his ratings and effectiveness will drop fast? just like Yao Mings did. I can?t believe how many people here lost their minds over this guy, people are Linsane in the membrane. Obviously I can't speak for everyone but I'm excited with the new look. Originally I wanted all players to return but the money was an issue, as of now (on paper and in theory) we are better. Can't wait!!

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
just to retort all of your comments. clearly you should take my post with a grain of salt. im not changing team allegiances, i was just making a point. the point being.....how much can one fan/ fanbase take? i mean i just dont get most of the decisions this franchise makes.

and whoever posted a bandwagon picture???? bandwagon infers you started following a team whilst they were good.........do i need to elaborate on how that cant possibly fit in the knicks situation......smh

this isnt JUST about lin. its about things like throwing gold at amare and melo and not having a system in place to cater to them. its like the knicks just try to grab names with no thought given to building a team, just individuals.

pat

Starter
Now this guy wants me to watch Felton, Melo, JR Smith and Amar'e next year.

Yea aiiight.

Exactly. On the other hand I can see why Lin should't want to read his name in there instead of Felton's.
And taking into consideration Melo's and Smith's public statements it is safe to say that Dolan handed the keys to the franchise to the nut-cases.

To be honest instead of making this move for Felton and wanting to get a more Woodson style PG why didn't we go after Devin Harris

Harris isn't the prototype PG but is at his best playing off of the low post kick outs and catching and penetrating on rotations, his defense is also solid

Then again this was all last minute
Harris was already off the table. He just got traded to ATL. Can't see them trading him after just acquiring him.

iSaYughh

Starter
Exactly. On the other hand I can see why Lin should't want to read his name in there instead of Felton's.
And taking into consideration Melo's and Smith's public statements it is safe to say that Dolan handed the keys to the franchise to the nut-cases.

This. x1000

When you consider the decisions and ramifications that has led to this precis point, right down to Woodson as coach, all tethered together, it gets mind boggling.

But then you just need to say "James Dolan" three times real fast and it all makes morbid sense.

The only difference between right now, and the other particularly dark, repulsive times in Dolan NYK history...is that somehow....someway...a lot of good fans and people aren't seeing the writing on the wall (yet).

I said right after the Melo deal that it was Team Dolan and Plan Dolan, 100%....and I've repeated that and it has held true with all subsequent moves:

*Melo deal

*Walsh contract bull**** and his leaving

*D'antoni leaving (also centered expressly around Melo, and going against Dolan)

*Woodson as coach, who is then re-signed to long-term deal

*JR Smith re-signing

*Fields not being matched

And, of course, the masterstroke and coup de grace, following the last two minor pieces to this puzzle: Lin likely not being re-signed.

Let's throw in Melo and Smith opening their pie holes while his negotiation is still technically doing on, too.

Shameful ****ing ****. At least Isiah didn't have any guise of being legit. This is dirtier than prime Isiah years. We just have a mild afterglow of promise leftover from Walsh and MDA crew, which Team Dolan has manipulated to keep up the hype and boost his own ego.

I'm not a front-runner, but if this team isn't a winner -- and by winner I mean we at least make Finals, or fall just short while looking like a champion for dubious reasons (a la MDA's teams) -- I will rue these jerk offs. And certainly won't root for them until Dolan is replaced or lobotomized.

I respect NYC, the history of the NYK (not to mention my time and money) too much to let much more of this continue.

I'd rather be an NBA widow than continue to root by default for the same ppl further disgracing the city and franchise.

That said, reality is reality -- if I'm totally wrong and James Dolan & Melo & Co. have orchestrated a real contender this year, I'll eat crow for a year and not act like I know what I'm talking about.

Benchwarmer
For the record, I want Lin back as well, but it has become much more of a coin flip given the contract situation. Regardless of the moves made, I'm still a fan of this team no matter how hard it may have tried over the years to shake me.

Ah-HA!! It's for the record, alrighty! heh-heh-heh :cool: :mrgreen:

156681d1294624332-what-cafe-racer-verry-interesting.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
^ You actually wanted us to match Fields with his highly overpaid offer sheet? Lol I'm glad some of yall not gms...

Since it just effected luxury tax, sure.

If it did not, I wouldn't have.

I only included him bc, while minor and he isn't some stud player, it's just one more piece of evidence to the whole purging of players and personal that goes against or doesn't jive with Dolan's Plan (ie, Fields played like **** with Melo, and isn't a Melo or Woody type player).

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I say we move on. Lin is out. We've beaten the dead horse, resurrected it and have started beating it again. And that includes me. I've watched Linsanity with a fascination but now the show is over and we've made some pretty good moves this off season with the signing of Camby, Kidd, and even Felton. If we stay healthy next season, we're a scary team. For anyone. Word is bond.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton was a terrible move. Lin or no Lin, we should not have wasted our last trade chips on a point guard when we had a deficiency at the 2 spot.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Kidd can play the 2 spot. We resigned JR. When Shump comes back, he'll hopefully be a beast too. And Melo/stat/chandler will be nasty next year. I'm optimistic.

Wargames

Starter
Felton was a terrible move. Lin or no Lin, we should not have wasted our last trade chips on a point guard when we had a deficiency at the 2 spot.

The problem not even Felton its Jason Kidd they never should of signed him to a 3 year contract if they didn't want him to help mentor Lin. Getting him before securing Lin was the dumb move that you can only shake your head at.