Boycott MSG movement

Benchwarmer
http://www.boycottmsg.com/

firstoff no I don't support this, its just a bunch of Jeremy Lin fanboys (and a bunch of asian people i guess) trying to start this movement. I can't stand "fans" like this but were about to see alot of Knicks "faithful" become diehard Rockets fans on Tuesday at midnight. Our front office has brought us this far and I still believe they will make the proper adjustments to improve our team WITH or WITHOUT JLin7. Thoughts?

::EDIT
Honestly, it really DOES piss me off that they'd give Jerome James a 30 mil contract after seeing him play 3 good playoff games but not Jeremy Lin after the whole "Linsanity" era. But still I'm faithful to the orange & blue

Just a "bunch of asian people" you guess? Hmmm, so you're making the assumption that just becase a person is a fan of Jeremy Lin, then that person "has" to be asian? Really? Sorry, but I think your
logic is rather flawed.

Benchwarmer
Hmmmm, this fan doesn't "look" asian?
https://twitter.com/timtennell

Neither does this fan: :smokin:

Spike-Lee-Jeremy-Lin-High-School-Jersey.jpg

munco

Benchwarmer
I practically disagree with everything Jim says but you are just a dumbass
We root for the team, as in all the players in the team, not just Lin or Melo, we root for teamwork, and camaraderie, you clearly didn't get his post...its about riding on 1 and 1 player only, that's not support for a team

Why did you follow the Knicks in the first place?

Most people follow a team because either they live in that city or they like the players. If your team gets rid of your favorite players it's hard to root for them.

elcol

Rotation player
I'm a new yorker, i bleed orange and blue, if my team has 0 good players (isaiah error) that I can root for, I root for them anyway. Stick with you team through thick and thin. This can be applied to a lot of situations in life. When things get tough, you don't just walk away from something you are dedicated to, whether its the knicks, ur girl/boy or ur job or the millions of other things in this world

CA7

Scoring Champ
For the record, anyone who thinks I'm only a Melo fan let me say

I am a Jets fan
I am a Yankees fan
I am a Rangers fan

BUT I have never had a favorite player til Carmelo I've followed him since 2001 which is why I get so upset when y'all **** on my boy

regardless I bleed O&B, my dad prefers nothing less and also for the record I have a son and his name is..........you guessed it "Knick".......**** Lin if he's gone, **** STAT, Chandler, Melo anyone who leaves at the end of the day Knicks come first

because there is no I in team but there is an I in Lin and we're seeing it

elcol

Rotation player

I am a Jets fan
I am a Yankees fan
I am a Rangers fan

BUT I have never had a favorite player til Carmelo I've followed him since 2001 which is why I get so upset when y'all **** on my boy

regardless I bleed O&B, my dad prefers nothing less and also for the record I have a son and his name is..........you guessed it "Knick".......**** Lin if he's gone, **** STAT, Chandler, Melo anyone who leaves at the end of the day Knicks come first

Wait! There is an "I" in "Carmelo Antho-", ****:beer:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer

I am a Jets fan
I am a Yankees fan
I am a Rangers fan

I agree with everything except that last comment on Lin. You can't pin this whole thing on Lin. Sure, maybe he shouldn't have signed that 2nd offer sheet but given that the Knicks front office didn't even put anything on the table after the season he had must have struck a nerve.

But Lin or no Lin I will continue to support the team that I grew up with and will never dream to leave for another team esp not the fake ass Nets. I've suffered for the last decade and I hated it when all of a sudden in 2010, we make the playoffs and suddenly everyone is a Knicks fan. Then Linsanity starts and all of the sudden the seats fill up and screw pple like us who want to buy tickets to watch the Knicks and not just Lin.

PS I hope the entire Rockets franchise fails and moves to Seattle. Same goes for the Nets for trying to hijack our city.

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Why are there so many Asian Chick ads on this site?
Is this part of the LinSanity effect? If he goes, are the Asian Chick ads going to disappear too.

Damn you Dolan!

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Keep this thread alive

I'm reposting here to keep this thread alive, not that there's anything worth reading (especially JimKC's 2 cents of anti-Lin), but the idea that a boycott of MSG would perhaps lead to the firing of James D'oh-lan.

BoycottMSG.com is rather weak, just a petition to give to president Scott O'Neill after Lin goes to Houston. and the #boycottmsg tweet page is weak as well.

The renovation of MSG is costing close to a BILLION DOLLARS! 20 new luxury suites! 50% rise in ticket prices! Dolan makes mega-million moves to make more money for MSG and his uber-rich cronies (like any decadent republican), yet he let Lin go for personal reasons. how can he get away with this?

for starters, I would suggest heckling the sh*t out of James Dolan whenever possible, at Knicks games, at his band's shows. make his life a living hell.

If it were possible to boycott MSG for real, that would be the only way James Dolan would be voted out of office by the stockholders or fired by his dad, the only real way to make changes is by hitting them in the pocket.

Any ideas HOW to boycott MSG?

hansbooby

Banned
Knicks "fan" for 20 yrs here. Really pissed we lost Lin. It's symbolic of the entire mess. You still want to be so "loyal" to this team then be my guest.

Last edited by a moderator:

TakMan

Rotation player
Anyone know why the above poster got banned? Did I miss something? Also (as I've not been around this place for too long) is anyone aware of any previous instances where someone was banned on their first post? Surely some kind of record which I believe can be utilised in next year's Pay Your Props thread. Maybe in the form of a quickest ban award, in the name of "Ban(g) Ban(g) you're out."

rady

Administrator
Staff member
He was banned for spam. I deleted the links inserted, however spamming is the only reason i ban people w/o asking questions.

STAT1

Starter
Never before have I seen this much pathetic, unashamed, undignified grovelling, by so many, for a player who has 3 good weeks of basketball to show for on his resume. Rather than signing your groupie petition, why not just follow Lin to the next team he joins? I'm more than satisfied with the team we've got, whether Lin re-signs or not.

Amen to that! :beer:

munco

Benchwarmer
I'm a new yorker, i bleed orange and blue, if my team has 0 good players (isaiah error) that I can root for, I root for them anyway. Stick with you team through thick and thin. This can be applied to a lot of situations in life. When things get tough, you don't just walk away from something you are dedicated to, whether its the knicks, ur girl/boy or ur job or the millions of other things in this world

I've lived in NYC the last 12 years and have been rooting for the Knicks but when Linsanity happened it was the most exciting time to be a Knicks fan. Sticking through thick and thin is a great cliche but the reality is it can also be stupid and I guarantee there are times in life where you have not stuck around no matter what. Let's say your girlfriend/wife cheats on you repeatedly according to your life theory you should continue to stick it out. I admire perseverance but everyone has a line unless you're insane. My line was crossed. Are you going to stick with your girl if she continues to screw up and bang other dudes? If you say yes, I say you're a sucker with no backbone.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Albert Einstein

Sick of Dolan epicly screwing things up again and again.