Boycott MSG movement

tiger0330

Legend
Tell you what if the Knicks start 5-11 which probably means Felton is sucking it up Dolan may find fans staying on the train for another 20 minutes and getting off at Atlantic Ave instead of 34th St to go to a Nets game instead of a Knicks game. There's some competition in NY for a bball fans money with the Nets a clearly better team this year.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Every year there is a thread about boycotting. You guys gotta realize it's impossible to boycott any NY team. The seats will always be filled whether its by real fans or suits and ties on business. The Garden, team, and Dolan start making money the momet the janitor turns on the lights.

When it comes to fans leaving cause of Lin then so be it. We were fine without you before and I could care less anymore. My team could be the next beast in the east and I've already moved on...

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy⑧s;244681 said:
I do not agree with that. We've been sold short by so many in the head to head with Brooklyn, IMO.
Sorry that came out wrong. What I meant was the Nets are better than they were last year not better than the Knicks.

CoolClyde

Absolut Vodka

wrote a letter to Absolut Vodka corporate headquarters, telling them I would not support based on affiliation with poorly-led MSG, and would be drinking the Nyets vodka of choice instead. haha. hitting the sponsors where it hurts is the best way to boycott any corporation. of course, I am but a flea on the dinosaur of MSG, but have a verbal bite of massive proportion. boycott msg.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Don't people root for a team because of the players on the team? Why are you a Knicks a fan? Do you love James Dolan? Got that life sized Mike Woodson poster in your room? If you're from NY there's an allegiance because of that but outside of that people root for teams because of the players.

Let me tell this story again for all those that have missed it over the last six years as a member of this board. I am from Missouri and we have no pro-team since the Kings left in the 70's. So I grew up rooting for the Sixers because I was a huge Dr. J fan. So yes, you can root for a team because of a player. I stayed a Sixer fan until about 90-91 when Philly traded Chuck Barkely. At that point i said f*** Philly because I didn't feel like they were trying to win.

So I am looking for a team to root for, it's playoff time and I am in Denver. I kick on the early Saturday game and it's Knicks-Pacers. Pat Ewing and the X-man doing battle with The Rifleman Chuck Person. And I was hip. The Knicks kept coming. They balled like me and my guys did in the gym: NO LAYUPS. They got to chanting "Defense" and the Garden was rocking. Spike Lee is there running up and down the end lines. And I was hip. I am living in Denver where they are having KKK rallies on the capital steps and booing Chris Jackson for his religious beliefs, so I can't be a Nuggets fan. But the Knicks got Mr. "Do the Right Thing" pulling for them??? Chuck D is rapping "Fight the Power" in his Knicks hat???? John Thompson's best pupil is playing center so I can pick up post moves and while I'm watching the games???? Oh and Hubie Brown, ex-Knicks coach is going to break-down the games every Tuesday night so you get schooled while watching the Knicks get it on??? So I went to the mall, grabbed a couple of those Blue Knicks hats, one for me and one for my boy, and signed up. And I have been riding with the KNICKS ever since. Through thick and thin.
So when "Mr 85%" decided to bolt for Houston, my response is "oh well". It's about the name on the FRONT of your JERSEY, not the BACK. I have been living and dying with the KNICKS since "MR 85%" was sipping Similac. I remember Charles Smith blowing the layup. I remember the White Bronco chase cutting in on the game and Starks 3-19(dang Starks, dang:(. I remember the fight which is why I can't stand the HEAT. I moved to the CHI during the 2nd Running of the Bullies and caught much hate. No matter. Thick and thin people.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
Let me tell this story again for all those that have missed it over the last six years as a member of this board. I am from Missouri and we have no pro-team since the Kings left in the 70's. So I grew up rooting for the Sixers because I was a huge Dr. J fan. So yes, you can root for a team because of a player. I stayed a Sixer fan until about 90-91 when Philly traded Chuck Barkely. At that point i said f*** Philly because I didn't feel like they were trying to win.

So I am looking for a team to root for, it's playoff time and I am in Denver. I kick on the early Saturday game and it's Knicks-Pacers. Pat Ewing and the X-man doing battle with The Rifleman Chuck Person. And I was hip. The Knicks kept coming. They balled like me and my guys did in the gym: NO LAYUPS. They got to chanting "Defense" and the Garden was rocking. Spike Lee is there running up and down the end lines. And I was hip. I am living in Denver where they are having KKK rallies on the capital steps and booing Chris Jackson for his religious beliefs, so I can't be a Nuggets fan. But the Knicks got Mr. "Do the Right Thing" pulling for them??? Chuck D is rapping "Fight the Power" in his Knicks hat???? John Thompson's best pupil is playing center so I can pick up post moves and while I'm watching the games???? Oh and Hubie Brown, ex-Knicks coach is going to break-down the games every Tuesday night so you get schooled while watching the Knicks get it on??? So I went to the mall, grabbed a couple of those Blue Knicks hats, one for me and one for my boy, and signed up. And I have been riding with the KNICKS ever since. Through thick and thin.
So when "Mr 85%" decided to bolt for Houston, my response is "oh well". It's about the name on the FRONT of your JERSEY, not the BACK. I have been living and dying with the KNICKS since "MR 85%" was sipping Similac. I remember Charles Smith blowing the layup. I remember the White Bronco chase cutting in on the game and Starks 3-19(dang Starks, dang:(. I remember the fight which is why I can't stand the HEAT. I moved to the CHI during the 2nd Running of the Bullies and caught much hate. No matter. Thick and thin people.

you just contradicted yourself. You were a Sixers fan and the reason was because of a player & direction of the team so you left. Now you're telling us to be loyal and support the Knicks no matter what? The irony in that story.

jimkcchief88

All Star
you just contradicted yourself. You were a Sixers fan and the reason was because of a player & direction of the team so you left. Now you're telling us to be loyal and support the Knicks no matter what? The irony in that story.

You missed the point bud. THAT WAS OVER 20 years ago... Nobody is FORCING you to be a KNICKS fan...

CoolClyde

good story Jim! don't know how it made it to the Boycott MSG thread, but
an interesting read nonetheless. we're all on the same side as far as rooting
for the O&B, i appreciate KO as a forum to air our differences as well. and so on.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
I didn't miss the point. It's that you gave a terrible example because it contradicts itself.

" I stayed a Sixer fan until about 90-91 when Philly traded Chuck Barkely. At that point i said f*** Philly because I didn't feel like they were trying to win."

"It's about the name on the FRONT of your JERSEY, not the BACK. No matter. Thick and thin people."

whole point of your post was to say regardless of what happens you have to stick with your team. yet your reason for becoming a Knicks fan was because you were tired of being a Sixers fan.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I didn't miss the point. It's that you gave a terrible example because it contradicts itself.

" I stayed a Sixer fan until about 90-91 when Philly traded Chuck Barkely. At that point i said f*** Philly because I didn't feel like they were trying to win."

"It's about the name on the FRONT of your JERSEY, not the BACK. No matter. Thick and thin people."

whole point of your post was to say regardless of what happens you have to stick with your team. yet your reason for becoming a Knicks fan was because you were tired of being a Sixers fan.

UHHHH over two decades ago dummy.....how old are you????

smokes

Huge Member
I see the Boycott MSG movement is going really well, a whole 93 people bothered to move their mouse to click the tweet button in the past 10 days :lol:

jimkcchief88

All Star
good story Jim! don't know how it made it to the Boycott MSG thread, but
an interesting read nonetheless. we're all on the same side as far as rooting
for the O&B, i appreciate KO as a forum to air our differences as well. and so on.

Yep...That's the point. I joined this forum to sip KNICKS kool-aid since its impossible to do so in Chi-town.... But always some fool has gotta talk junk when i disagree with them about "starbury" being the best point guard ever or some junk like that.."Why are you even a Knicks fan???" that's the story.... It wasn't just a basketball move, it was a MOVEMENT..."Black Panther loves the Knicks, and so do I"

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
UHHHH over two decades ago dummy.....how old are you????

been a knicks fan for over 30 years. never switched from another team. thick and thin.

like i said. if you wanted to make a point you should leave out the fact that you switched teams no matter how long ago it was. it still means you gave up on a team where at the end of the story you are telling people never to give up on the team. it makes the point of your story weak regardless if you are a knicks fan or not. Glad to have you as a knicks fan though.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Do us ALL a favor and go root for the Nets or Houston or the Bejing Tigers for all we care. This board is for KNICK fans, not LIN fans. Now that's real talk.

seinfeld.gif