Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: Boycott MSG movement

  1. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,585
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I do not agree with that. We've been sold short by so many in the head to head with Brooklyn, IMO.
    Sorry that came out wrong. What I meant was the Nets are better than they were last year not better than the Knicks.

  2. #47
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Absolut Vodka

    wrote a letter to Absolut Vodka corporate headquarters, telling them I would not support based on affiliation with poorly-led MSG, and would be drinking the Nyets vodka of choice instead. haha. hitting the sponsors where it hurts is the best way to boycott any corporation. of course, I am but a flea on the dinosaur of MSG, but have a verbal bite of massive proportion. boycott msg.

  3. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by munco
    Don't people root for a team because of the players on the team? Why are you a Knicks a fan? Do you love James Dolan? Got that life sized Mike Woodson poster in your room? If you're from NY there's an allegiance because of that but outside of that people root for teams because of the players.
    Let me tell this story again for all those that have missed it over the last six years as a member of this board. I am from Missouri and we have no pro-team since the Kings left in the 70's. So I grew up rooting for the Sixers because I was a huge Dr. J fan. So yes, you can root for a team because of a player. I stayed a Sixer fan until about 90-91 when Philly traded Chuck Barkely. At that point i said f*** Philly because I didn't feel like they were trying to win.

    So I am looking for a team to root for, it's playoff time and I am in Denver. I kick on the early Saturday game and it's Knicks-Pacers. Pat Ewing and the X-man doing battle with The Rifleman Chuck Person. And I was hip. The Knicks kept coming. They balled like me and my guys did in the gym: NO LAYUPS. They got to chanting "Defense" and the Garden was rocking. Spike Lee is there running up and down the end lines. And I was hip. I am living in Denver where they are having KKK rallies on the capital steps and booing Chris Jackson for his religious beliefs, so I can't be a Nuggets fan. But the Knicks got Mr. "Do the Right Thing" pulling for them??? Chuck D is rapping "Fight the Power" in his Knicks hat???? John Thompson's best pupil is playing center so I can pick up post moves and while I'm watching the games???? Oh and Hubie Brown, ex-Knicks coach is going to break-down the games every Tuesday night so you get schooled while watching the Knicks get it on??? So I went to the mall, grabbed a couple of those Blue Knicks hats, one for me and one for my boy, and signed up. And I have been riding with the KNICKS ever since. Through thick and thin.
    So when "Mr 85%" decided to bolt for Houston, my response is "oh well". It's about the name on the FRONT of your JERSEY, not the BACK. I have been living and dying with the KNICKS since "MR 85%" was sipping Similac. I remember Charles Smith blowing the layup. I remember the White Bronco chase cutting in on the game and Starks 3-19(dang Starks, dang. I remember the fight which is why I can't stand the HEAT. I moved to the CHI during the 2nd Running of the Bullies and caught much hate. No matter. Thick and thin people.

  4. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Let me tell this story again for all those that have missed it over the last six years as a member of this board. I am from Missouri and we have no pro-team since the Kings left in the 70's. So I grew up rooting for the Sixers because I was a huge Dr. J fan. So yes, you can root for a team because of a player. I stayed a Sixer fan until about 90-91 when Philly traded Chuck Barkely. At that point i said f*** Philly because I didn't feel like they were trying to win.

    So I am looking for a team to root for, it's playoff time and I am in Denver. I kick on the early Saturday game and it's Knicks-Pacers. Pat Ewing and the X-man doing battle with The Rifleman Chuck Person. And I was hip. The Knicks kept coming. They balled like me and my guys did in the gym: NO LAYUPS. They got to chanting "Defense" and the Garden was rocking. Spike Lee is there running up and down the end lines. And I was hip. I am living in Denver where they are having KKK rallies on the capital steps and booing Chris Jackson for his religious beliefs, so I can't be a Nuggets fan. But the Knicks got Mr. "Do the Right Thing" pulling for them??? Chuck D is rapping "Fight the Power" in his Knicks hat???? John Thompson's best pupil is playing center so I can pick up post moves and while I'm watching the games???? Oh and Hubie Brown, ex-Knicks coach is going to break-down the games every Tuesday night so you get schooled while watching the Knicks get it on??? So I went to the mall, grabbed a couple of those Blue Knicks hats, one for me and one for my boy, and signed up. And I have been riding with the KNICKS ever since. Through thick and thin.
    So when "Mr 85%" decided to bolt for Houston, my response is "oh well". It's about the name on the FRONT of your JERSEY, not the BACK. I have been living and dying with the KNICKS since "MR 85%" was sipping Similac. I remember Charles Smith blowing the layup. I remember the White Bronco chase cutting in on the game and Starks 3-19(dang Starks, dang. I remember the fight which is why I can't stand the HEAT. I moved to the CHI during the 2nd Running of the Bullies and caught much hate. No matter. Thick and thin people.
    you just contradicted yourself. You were a Sixers fan and the reason was because of a player & direction of the team so you left. Now you're telling us to be loyal and support the Knicks no matter what? The irony in that story.

  5. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    you just contradicted yourself. You were a Sixers fan and the reason was because of a player & direction of the team so you left. Now you're telling us to be loyal and support the Knicks no matter what? The irony in that story.
    You missed the point bud. THAT WAS OVER 20 years ago... Nobody is FORCING you to be a KNICKS fan...

  6. #51
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    good story Jim! don't know how it made it to the Boycott MSG thread, but
    an interesting read nonetheless. we're all on the same side as far as rooting
    for the O&B, i appreciate KO as a forum to air our differences as well. and so on.

  7. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I didn't miss the point. It's that you gave a terrible example because it contradicts itself.

    " I stayed a Sixer fan until about 90-91 when Philly traded Chuck Barkely. At that point i said f*** Philly because I didn't feel like they were trying to win."

    "It's about the name on the FRONT of your JERSEY, not the BACK. No matter. Thick and thin people."

    whole point of your post was to say regardless of what happens you have to stick with your team. yet your reason for becoming a Knicks fan was because you were tired of being a Sixers fan.

  8. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    I didn't miss the point. It's that you gave a terrible example because it contradicts itself.

    " I stayed a Sixer fan until about 90-91 when Philly traded Chuck Barkely. At that point i said f*** Philly because I didn't feel like they were trying to win."

    "It's about the name on the FRONT of your JERSEY, not the BACK. No matter. Thick and thin people."

    whole point of your post was to say regardless of what happens you have to stick with your team. yet your reason for becoming a Knicks fan was because you were tired of being a Sixers fan.
    UHHHH over two decades ago dummy.....how old are you????

  9. #54
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I see the Boycott MSG movement is going really well, a whole 93 people bothered to move their mouse to click the tweet button in the past 10 days

  10. #55
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    good story Jim! don't know how it made it to the Boycott MSG thread, but
    an interesting read nonetheless. we're all on the same side as far as rooting
    for the O&B, i appreciate KO as a forum to air our differences as well. and so on.
    Yep...That's the point. I joined this forum to sip KNICKS kool-aid since its impossible to do so in Chi-town.... But always some fool has gotta talk junk when i disagree with them about "starbury" being the best point guard ever or some junk like that.."Why are you even a Knicks fan???" that's the story.... It wasn't just a basketball move, it was a MOVEMENT..."Black Panther loves the Knicks, and so do I"

  11. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    UHHHH over two decades ago dummy.....how old are you????
    been a knicks fan for over 30 years. never switched from another team. thick and thin.

    like i said. if you wanted to make a point you should leave out the fact that you switched teams no matter how long ago it was. it still means you gave up on a team where at the end of the story you are telling people never to give up on the team. it makes the point of your story weak regardless if you are a knicks fan or not. Glad to have you as a knicks fan though.

  12. #57
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Do us ALL a favor and go root for the Nets or Houston or the Bejing Tigers for all we care. This board is for KNICK fans, not LIN fans. Now that's real talk.

Similar Threads

  1. Boycott NBA!
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2011, 10:23
  2. Orange Movement for Game 3
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2011, 08:06
  3. Worse owner than Dolan: New Movement!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 07, 2008, 18:26
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Dec 17, 2007, 09:01
  5. NBA Offseason Movement
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2006, 20:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •