Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boycott MSG movement

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Do us ALL a favor and go root for the Nets or Houston or the Bejing Tigers for all we care. This board is for KNICK fans, not LIN fans. Now that's real talk.
    As Mike Breen would say, BAAANG!!!

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Do us ALL a favor and go root for the Nets or Houston or the Bejing Tigers for all we care. This board is for KNICK fans, not LIN fans. Now that's real talk.
    Don't people root for a team because of the players on the team? Why are you a Knicks a fan? Do you love James Dolan? Got that life sized Mike Woodson poster in your room? If you're from NY there's an allegiance because of that but outside of that people root for teams because of the players.

Originally Posted by munco
    Don't people root for a team because of the players on the team? Why are you a Knicks a fan? Do you love James Dolan? Got that life sized Mike Woodson poster in your room? If you're from NY there's an allegiance because of that but outside of that people root for teams because of the players.
    I practically disagree with everything Jim says but you are just a dumbass
    We root for the team, as in all the players in the team, not just Lin or Melo, we root for teamwork, and camaraderie, you clearly didn't get his post...its about riding on 1 and 1 player only, that's not support for a team

Originally Posted by elcol
    We root for the team, as in all the players in the team, not just Lin or Melo, we root for teamwork, and camaraderie, you clearly didn't get his post...its about riding on 1 and 1 player only, that's not support for a team
    Agreed 100%!
    Melo,for example,If he were to be traded then he'd still be my favorite player but the Knicks would be my team and if Melo came with his new team I'd hope Melo got crushed by us because im a Knicks fan.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Agreed 100%!
    Melo,for example,If he were to be traded then he'd still be my favorite player but the Knicks would be my team and if Melo came with his new team I'd hope Melo got crushed by us because im a Knicks fan.

T-Mac retired, but I never stopped watching basketball or was ever a dickhead "Clutch Fan."

Unfortunately, a massive portion of my fellow yellows will literally stop watching basketball if Lin leaves New York.

Never be a bitch bandwagoner and have the audacity to sign up to a knicks forum.

Originally Posted by friedtilapia
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

firstoff no I don't support this, its just a bunch of Jeremy Lin fanboys (and a bunch of asian people i guess) trying to start this movement. I can't stand "fans" like this but were about to see alot of Knicks "faithful" become diehard Rockets fans on Tuesday at midnight. Our front office has brought us this far and I still believe they will make the proper adjustments to improve our team WITH or WITHOUT JLin7. Thoughts?

::EDIT
    Honestly, it really DOES piss me off that they'd give Jerome James a 30 mil contract after seeing him play 3 good playoff games but not Jeremy Lin after the whole "Linsanity" era. But still I'm faithful to the orange & blue
    Just a "bunch of asian people" you guess? Hmmm, so you're making the assumption that just becase a person is a fan of Jeremy Lin, then that person "has" to be asian? Really? Sorry, but I think your
    logic is rather flawed.

Hmmmm, this fan doesn't "look" asian?

Neither does this fan:

Veteran

Originally Posted by Newbie
    Hmmmm, this fan doesn't "look" asian?

Neither does this fan:

Hmm, hard to say, I'm pretty sure Lee is a very common last name among Asians.

Originally Posted by htr10
    Hmm, hard to say, I'm pretty sure Lee is a very common last name among Asians.

Why did you follow the Knicks in the first place?

Most people follow a team because either they live in that city or they like the players. If your team gets rid of your favorite players it's hard to root for them.

I'm a new yorker, i bleed orange and blue, if my team has 0 good players (isaiah error) that I can root for, I root for them anyway. Stick with you team through thick and thin. This can be applied to a lot of situations in life. When things get tough, you don't just walk away from something you are dedicated to, whether its the knicks, ur girl/boy or ur job or the millions of other things in this world

For the record, anyone who thinks I'm only a Melo fan let me say

I am a Jets fan
    I am a Yankees fan
    I am a Rangers fan

BUT I have never had a favorite player til Carmelo I've followed him since 2001 which is why I get so upset when y'all **** on my boy

regardless I bleed O&B, my dad prefers nothing less and also for the record I have a son and his name is..........you guessed it "Knick".......**** Lin if he's gone, **** STAT, Chandler, Melo anyone who leaves at the end of the day Knicks come first

because there is no I in team but there is an I in Lin and we're seeing it

Originally Posted by CA7

I am a Jets fan
    I am a Yankees fan
    I am a Rangers fan

BUT I have never had a favorite player til Carmelo I've followed him since 2001 which is why I get so upset when y'all **** on my boy

regardless I bleed O&B, my dad prefers nothing less and also for the record I have a son and his name is..........you guessed it "Knick".......**** Lin if he's gone, **** STAT, Chandler, Melo anyone who leaves at the end of the day Knicks come first

Wait! There is an "I" in "Carmelo Antho-", ****

Wait! There is an "I" in "Carmelo Antho-", ****
    remember its Carmelo Antho-NY

Originally Posted by CA7

I am a Jets fan
    I am a Yankees fan
    I am a Rangers fan

I agree with everything except that last comment on Lin. You can't pin this whole thing on Lin. Sure, maybe he shouldn't have signed that 2nd offer sheet but given that the Knicks front office didn't even put anything on the table after the season he had must have struck a nerve.

But Lin or no Lin I will continue to support the team that I grew up with and will never dream to leave for another team esp not the fake ass Nets. I've suffered for the last decade and I hated it when all of a sudden in 2010, we make the playoffs and suddenly everyone is a Knicks fan. Then Linsanity starts and all of the sudden the seats fill up and screw pple like us who want to buy tickets to watch the Knicks and not just Lin.

PS I hope the entire Rockets franchise fails and moves to Seattle. Same goes for the Nets for trying to hijack our city.