Thread: "The number 1 reason..."

Default "The number 1 reason..."

To want Raymond Felton back!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

im hoping to see 2010 Felton-Amare plus MELO, jr, novak, chandler, camby, kidd.. yikes

yeahhh buddy

Superstar

It won't happen. Woodson will yell at Felton for chucking and bricking a shot on an important possession and felton will crawl into a whole and cry about being mistreated for the rest of the game.

Felton is in horrible shape.

He looked good in D'Antoni's system for half a season, hardly sensational when you consider the fact that Lin looked like an All Star under D'Antoni when Melo was injured...

Felton is overrated and that was when he was in relative shape back in 2010.

He's north of 20% bodyfat right now which is beyond embarrassing for an athlete.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Felton is in horrible shape.

He looked good in D'Antoni's system for half a season, hardly sensational when you consider the fact that Lin looked like an All Star under D'Antoni when Melo was injured...

Felton is overrated and that was when he was in relative shape back in 2010.

He's north of 20% bodyfat right now which is beyond embarrassing for an athlete.
    I keep hearing this from posters. Is this actual fact or are people just assuming he's exactly where he was months ago?

Woodson has stated that this years training camp is not a time for players to get into shape but rather a time to just get the team identity ironed out and get familiar with his system. Felton knows better and I'm sure by now he has at least talked with coach and knows what is expected of him.

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I keep hearing this from posters. Is this actual fact or are people just assuming he's exactly where he was months ago?

Woodson has stated that this years tra.ining camp is not a time for players to get into shape but rather a time to just get the team identity ..take thatironed out and get familiar with his system. Felton knows better and I'm sure by now he has at least talked with coach and knows what is expected of him.
    Felton has stated that he likes to come into camp overweight because playing heavy makes him feel stronger, take that fwiw...

Originally Posted by elcol
    Felton has stated that he likes to come into camp overweight because playing heavy makes him feel stronger, take that fwiw...
    So what would you say his body fat % was on his first go around with the Knicks? And would it be impossible to get back to it? I'd say he was 15-20%. So let's say he was 25+, he still has nearly 2 months before training camp starts!

And in reality if a coach is telling his players to come into training camp in shape you think a player is gonna completely ignore that and do his own thing? This is a different situation that Felton is facing coming back to this team and he knows it. **** is real now. Show us how bad you wanted to come back.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He looks around 20% in this and we all know what he did starting the season from that point.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Jul 17, 2012 at 11:08.

Felton was beast daddy under D'Antonio but he will be weak with Coach Woody

I give up... just wait for the season. We'd bring him here on a 3 yr deal thinking he couldn't work with this coach? C'mon man.

We don't need him to go ape **** like he did under MDA. We have so many more weapons now then before. Felton could drop 12-15 and 8 with Kidd chipping in another 10 and 7 and that right there and every1 playing their role is a W against most teams.

I'm not gonna type out a whole list of names comparing the two rosters but the PG job this season is much easier then before.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Jul 17, 2012 at 11:26.

What Felton had in 2010:

Fields
    Gallo
    AMARE
    Turiaf
    Douglas
    Williams
    Jeffries
    Shelden Williams
    And a handful of other guys who never touched the court (mason, balkman, rautins, etc.)

compared to

JR Smith
    MELO
    AMARE
    Chandler
    Kidd
    Novak
    Camby
    Thomas (who will probably see minimal time)
    And in January he'll have Shumpert

the talent we have now compared to then is ridiculous. felton will never have to try to carry the team like he did in 2010. he was slimmer than and flourished in d'antonis offense, but whos to say now that he's motivated he wont immediately stat conditioning himself better? he was emotionally moved (in a bad way) when he was traded to denver and then he was miserable playing in portland. when he came to the knicks, he realized the stage he was playing on and realized he can get his career back on track. i dont know whats going on as far as Lin goes, but as of right now, Felton is here for the next 3 years and most likely wont be traded. Maybe if we resign Lin but not only do I not see us resigning Lin, i dont see us trading Felton even if we do resign Lin. Felton loved playing on this stage with the talent of the 2010 Knicks which has shot waaaay up going into the 2012-2013 season. I strongly believe he'll come back motivated and will immediately try fixing his weight

Veteran

Originally Posted by Hayato
    What Felton had in 2010:

Fields
    Gallo
    AMARE
    Turiaf
    Douglas
    Williams
    Jeffries
    Shelden Williams
    And a handful of other guys who never touched the court (mason, balkman, rautins, etc.)

compared to

JR Smith
    MELO
    AMARE
    Chandler
    Kidd
    Novak
    Camby
    Thomas (who will probably see minimal time)
    And in January he'll have Shumpert

the talent we have now compared to then is ridiculous. felton will never have to try to carry the team like he did in 2010. he was slimmer than and flourished in d'antonis offense, but whos to say now that he's motivated he wont immediately stat conditioning himself better? he was emotionally moved (in a bad way) when he was traded to denver and then he was miserable playing in portland. when he came to the knicks, he realized the stage he was playing on and realized he can get his career back on track. i dont know whats going on as far as Lin goes, but as of right now, Felton is here for the next 3 years and most likely wont be traded. Maybe if we resign Lin but not only do I not see us resigning Lin, i dont see us trading Felton even if we do resign Lin. Felton loved playing on this stage with the talent of the 2010 Knicks which has shot waaaay up going into the 2012-2013 season. I strongly believe he'll come back motivated and will immediately try fixing his weight

Did u forget all the talent Felton had in Portland?
    Felton sorry performance had Portland coach McMilian take him out of the starting lineup to use as a SG (givin the point to Crawford).
    The joke of Felton being a pick n roll player never happen when Felton was a Bobcats, Nuggets, or Blazers, it only worked 30 games with Amare out of Felton's 54 games as a Knicks.
    Felton = Duhon

If Felton dont have a defensive SG (Shump) and a defensive SF (???) in his lineup Felton is worst than Duhon.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Did u forget all the talent Felton had in Portland?
    Felton sorry performance had Portland coach McMilian take him out of the starting lineup to use as a SG (givin the point to Crawford).
    The joke of Felton being a pick n roll player never happen when Felton was a Bobcats, Nuggets, or Blazers, it only worked 30 games with Amare out of Felton's 54 games as a Knicks.
    Felton = Duhon

If Felton dont have a defensive SG (Shump) and a defensive SF (???) in his lineup Felton is worst than Duhon.
    No. Although he played for a coach who stuffs point guards stat sheets, he also played for a coach in larry brown whose system is tougher on point guards. Do not compare trash like duhon to anybody on this knicks roster.