Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: "The number 1 reason..."

  1. #1
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default "The number 1 reason..."

    To want Raymond Felton back!!!

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    im hoping to see 2010 Felton-Amare plus MELO, jr, novak, chandler, camby, kidd.. yikes

  2. #2
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    yeahhh buddy

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    It won't happen. Woodson will yell at Felton for chucking and bricking a shot on an important possession and felton will crawl into a whole and cry about being mistreated for the rest of the game.

  4. #4
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Felton is in horrible shape.

    He looked good in D'Antoni's system for half a season, hardly sensational when you consider the fact that Lin looked like an All Star under D'Antoni when Melo was injured...

    Felton is overrated and that was when he was in relative shape back in 2010.

    He's north of 20% bodyfat right now which is beyond embarrassing for an athlete.

  5. #5
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Felton is in horrible shape.

    He looked good in D'Antoni's system for half a season, hardly sensational when you consider the fact that Lin looked like an All Star under D'Antoni when Melo was injured...

    Felton is overrated and that was when he was in relative shape back in 2010.

    He's north of 20% bodyfat right now which is beyond embarrassing for an athlete.
    I keep hearing this from posters. Is this actual fact or are people just assuming he's exactly where he was months ago?

    Woodson has stated that this years training camp is not a time for players to get into shape but rather a time to just get the team identity ironed out and get familiar with his system. Felton knows better and I'm sure by now he has at least talked with coach and knows what is expected of him.

  6. #6
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I keep hearing this from posters. Is this actual fact or are people just assuming he's exactly where he was months ago?

    Woodson has stated that this years tra.ining camp is not a time for players to get into shape but rather a time to just get the team identity ..take thatironed out and get familiar with his system. Felton knows better and I'm sure by now he has at least talked with coach and knows what is expected of him.
    Felton has stated that he likes to come into camp overweight because playing heavy makes him feel stronger, take that fwiw...

  7. #7
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by elcol
    Felton has stated that he likes to come into camp overweight because playing heavy makes him feel stronger, take that fwiw...
    So what would you say his body fat % was on his first go around with the Knicks? And would it be impossible to get back to it? I'd say he was 15-20%. So let's say he was 25+, he still has nearly 2 months before training camp starts!

    And in reality if a coach is telling his players to come into training camp in shape you think a player is gonna completely ignore that and do his own thing? This is a different situation that Felton is facing coming back to this team and he knows it. **** is real now. Show us how bad you wanted to come back.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    He looks around 20% in this and we all know what he did starting the season from that point.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Jul 17, 2012 at 11:08.

  8. #8
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Felton was beast daddy under D'Antonio but he will be weak with Coach Woody

  9. #9
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default


  10. #10
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I give up... just wait for the season. We'd bring him here on a 3 yr deal thinking he couldn't work with this coach? C'mon man.

    We don't need him to go ape **** like he did under MDA. We have so many more weapons now then before. Felton could drop 12-15 and 8 with Kidd chipping in another 10 and 7 and that right there and every1 playing their role is a W against most teams.

    I'm not gonna type out a whole list of names comparing the two rosters but the PG job this season is much easier then before.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Jul 17, 2012 at 11:26.

  11. #11
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    What Felton had in 2010:

    Fields
    Gallo
    AMARE
    Turiaf
    Douglas
    Williams
    Jeffries
    Shelden Williams
    And a handful of other guys who never touched the court (mason, balkman, rautins, etc.)

    compared to

    JR Smith
    MELO
    AMARE
    Chandler
    Kidd
    Novak
    Camby
    Thomas (who will probably see minimal time)
    And in January he'll have Shumpert


    the talent we have now compared to then is ridiculous. felton will never have to try to carry the team like he did in 2010. he was slimmer than and flourished in d'antonis offense, but whos to say now that he's motivated he wont immediately stat conditioning himself better? he was emotionally moved (in a bad way) when he was traded to denver and then he was miserable playing in portland. when he came to the knicks, he realized the stage he was playing on and realized he can get his career back on track. i dont know whats going on as far as Lin goes, but as of right now, Felton is here for the next 3 years and most likely wont be traded. Maybe if we resign Lin but not only do I not see us resigning Lin, i dont see us trading Felton even if we do resign Lin. Felton loved playing on this stage with the talent of the 2010 Knicks which has shot waaaay up going into the 2012-2013 season. I strongly believe he'll come back motivated and will immediately try fixing his weight

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,968
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hayato
    What Felton had in 2010:

    Fields
    Gallo
    AMARE
    Turiaf
    Douglas
    Williams
    Jeffries
    Shelden Williams
    And a handful of other guys who never touched the court (mason, balkman, rautins, etc.)

    compared to

    JR Smith
    MELO
    AMARE
    Chandler
    Kidd
    Novak
    Camby
    Thomas (who will probably see minimal time)
    And in January he'll have Shumpert


    the talent we have now compared to then is ridiculous. felton will never have to try to carry the team like he did in 2010. he was slimmer than and flourished in d'antonis offense, but whos to say now that he's motivated he wont immediately stat conditioning himself better? he was emotionally moved (in a bad way) when he was traded to denver and then he was miserable playing in portland. when he came to the knicks, he realized the stage he was playing on and realized he can get his career back on track. i dont know whats going on as far as Lin goes, but as of right now, Felton is here for the next 3 years and most likely wont be traded. Maybe if we resign Lin but not only do I not see us resigning Lin, i dont see us trading Felton even if we do resign Lin. Felton loved playing on this stage with the talent of the 2010 Knicks which has shot waaaay up going into the 2012-2013 season. I strongly believe he'll come back motivated and will immediately try fixing his weight

    Did u forget all the talent Felton had in Portland?
    Felton sorry performance had Portland coach McMilian take him out of the starting lineup to use as a SG (givin the point to Crawford).
    The joke of Felton being a pick n roll player never happen when Felton was a Bobcats, Nuggets, or Blazers, it only worked 30 games with Amare out of Felton's 54 games as a Knicks.
    Felton = Duhon

    If Felton dont have a defensive SG (Shump) and a defensive SF (???) in his lineup Felton is worst than Duhon.

  13. #13
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman

    Did u forget all the talent Felton had in Portland?
    Felton sorry performance had Portland coach McMilian take him out of the starting lineup to use as a SG (givin the point to Crawford).
    The joke of Felton being a pick n roll player never happen when Felton was a Bobcats, Nuggets, or Blazers, it only worked 30 games with Amare out of Felton's 54 games as a Knicks.
    Felton = Duhon

    If Felton dont have a defensive SG (Shump) and a defensive SF (???) in his lineup Felton is worst than Duhon.
    No. Although he played for a coach who stuffs point guards stat sheets, he also played for a coach in larry brown whose system is tougher on point guards. Do not compare trash like duhon to anybody on this knicks roster.

Similar Threads

  1. Why Radiometric Dating is Accurate
    By LJ4ptplay in forum Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2011, 08:50
  2. Carmelo's Jersey Number...
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2011, 16:03
  3. Top 10 reason why Lebron may end up in NY (Really 11)
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 05, 2010, 20:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •