Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why so much hate for Carmelo?

Hybrid View

Default Why so much hate for Carmelo?

In closely following this forum, in almost EVERY thread someone bashes Carmelo, often multiple people, and I just can't wrap my mind around why. So many people are avid Lin supporters. Don't get me wrong, I love Lin and appreciate the Linsanity stretch he had in which he carried us, but if you're going to jump on a guy's bandwagon because he led us for a few weeks when Melo and Amare were hurt, why bash and blame Melo for all of our problems when he carried us in crunch time when Lin and Amare were hurt to get us into the playoffs. He bought in and played defense, which is what we all begged of him. He shared the ball, even gave more of an effort on the boards. He was the best player in the league for the last month, when we needed it most to make the playoffs. He made his teammates better and created for them, Novak can't create his own shot and we didn't have a true PG, who do you think got him open shots? Melo's triple-double against Boston was a fantastic and clutch performance. I'm just baffled as to why so many people blame and hate our team's best player, especially at a time where he's shown such commitment. Losing weight, working hard and saying all the right things. "It's my time, no more excuses" If anything we should be rallying around Carmelo at this point, because he seems to be in for quite a season and it's something we should all be excited for.

You think its bad here go on other forums... The only way Melo fixes this is by winning..

I agree, he needs to win. But my problem is that Lin hasn't won anything either. Melo is now doing what it takes to win and it seems everyone is ignoring that. He can't do it alone. When Lin was working out people were saying "Oh good look at his work ethic" Melo is on a GRIND this offseason and still being bashed. At least give him a chance to screw up before pitting him as the root of all Knick evils

Veteran

Originally Posted by Shaunyboy23
    I agree, he needs to win. But my problem is that Lin hasn't won anything either. Melo is now doing what it takes to win and it seems everyone is ignoring that. He can't do it alone. When Lin was working out people were saying "Oh good look at his work ethic" Melo is on a GRIND this offseason and still being bashed. At least give him a chance to screw up before pitting him as the root of all Knick evils
    Hmmmm let's see: Carmelo Anthony legit superstar by all accounts and leading USA team being praised by coach K as one of the best. But on KO.Com many members call him "fat and lazy.". Hmmmmm. Did I mention Carmelo is of African decent? Meanwhile enter Jeremy Lin: unproven rookie of Asian decent who played in 25 games, than skipped the end of the season and the "playoff", albeit due to injury, is praised for his "work ethic????". Hmmm: Can you say double-standard? I better not say anymore because with our current mod-squad I am getting banned for this post

Superstar

It's pretty obvious why people hate Carmelo. A lot of people hate watching Isolation basketball, and his lazy defense even though he has the ability to lock down people.

I think Melo is a great player that currently doesn't fit this team. He would make any defensive team with trouble scoring contenders like the Sixers. I agree that Lin fits more with Amare and Chandler so if we get rid of Lin, we might as well start finding ways to dump Amare as well.

Superstar

Melo's no superstar. He's the most versataile scorer in the league. You can't consider anyone a superstar who can only dominate one side of the court.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Hmmmm let's see: Carmelo Anthony legit superstar by all accounts and leading USA team being praised by coach K as one of the best. But on KO.Com many members call him "fat and lazy.". Hmmmmm. Did I mention Carmelo is of African decent? Meanwhile enter Jeremy Lin: unproven rookie of Asian decent who played in 25 games, than skipped the end of the season and the "playoff", albeit due to injury, is praised for his "work ethic????". Hmmm: Can you say double-standard? I better not say anymore because with our current mod-squad I am getting banned for this post
    You won't get banned, Jim. It's a shame that you have to pull the card so often, but we all have our little obsessions, I suppose.

Rady will make the call on any ban. If I can speak on his behalf, I'm sure he'd prefer that you leave any racially fueled frustration/assumptions/whatever for boards where it's actually relevant in some way. Provocation on the internet really isn't very cool.

If you wouldn't mind.

I don't agree that the problem is racial. But if you take the race card claims out then you have a very valid argument and my sentiments exactly.

Veteran

Yes, it's totally about race. It's not because Carmelo is getting paid the max salary, it's not because Carmelo went on and on about how NY was the best place for him, it's not because Carmelo forced a trade to NY, it's not about how Carmelo made NY give up pieces to get him because he wanted his extra 5 million dollars, and it's not about the fact that Carmelo was visibly out of shape during the season. And what the Knicks fans were saying about Lin? It's not because he worked his way to the league when nobody gave him a chance, it's not because he's shown dedication to constantly improving his skillset on the court, it's not because he's a humble guy who's always looking for ways to get better, it's not because he was the first at practice and the last to leave even when he was sitting in D'Antoni's doghouse...

No, it's all about the color of their skin, right? How disgusting of you to say.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Yes, it's totally about race. It's not because Carmelo is getting paid the max salary, it's not because Carmelo went on and on about how NY was the best place for him, it's not because Carmelo forced a trade to NY, it's not about how Carmelo made NY give up pieces to get him because he wanted his extra 5 million dollars, and it's not about the fact that Carmelo was visibly out of shape during the season. And what the Knicks fans were saying about Lin? It's not because he worked his way to the league when nobody gave him a chance, it's not because he's shown dedication to constantly improving his skillset on the court, it's not because he's a humble guy who's always looking for ways to get better, it's not because he was the first at practice and the last to leave even when he was sitting in D'Antoni's doghouse...

No, it's all about the color of their skin, right? How disgusting of you to say.
    Perfectly put, but.....

Originally Posted by Shaunyboy23
    In closely following this forum, in almost EVERY thread someone bashes Carmelo, often multiple people, and I just can't wrap my mind around why. So many people are avid Lin supporters. Don't get me wrong, I love Lin and appreciate the Linsanity stretch he had in which he carried us, but if you're going to jump on a guy's bandwagon because he led us for a few weeks when Melo and Amare were hurt, why bash and blame Melo for all of our problems when he carried us in crunch time when Lin and Amare were hurt to get us into the playoffs. He bought in and played defense, which is what we all begged of him. He shared the ball, even gave more of an effort on the boards. He was the best player in the league for the last month, when we needed it most to make the playoffs. He made his teammates better and created for them, Novak can't create his own shot and we didn't have a true PG, who do you think got him open shots? Melo's triple-double against Boston was a fantastic and clutch performance. I'm just baffled as to why so many people blame and hate our team's best player, especially at a time where he's shown such commitment. Losing weight, working hard and saying all the right things. "It's my time, no more excuses" If anything we should be rallying around Carmelo at this point, because he seems to be in for quite a season and it's something we should all be excited for.
    I believe Melo has never had a fantastic team that he fits in. Denver with Billups was a good team but honestly the only offensive threats were him and Billups. Put Melo on the Heat with Wade and Bosh or Lebron and Bosh and they still win the championship in my opinion.

This guy is a multiple all star that has started in all star games and is even a starter for team USA over Kevin Durant. He is a legit star whether some think he is over rated.

NOW...Melo has been known to say dumb things through the media...example would be calling Lin's contract ridiculous...he was most likely talking about Rockets management however as the star player you have to keep your mouth shut. SHUT! But he doesn't so people can judge him.

Melo also has a type of game that requires him to have to have the ball in his hands and do his moves and isolation plays while not being a point forward like Lebron so he is really on helping himself when he goes iso.

Now I believe if he had a good PG that can orchestrate, outside shooters, and a decent big man then sky is the limit.

It is really al about Amare and how Amare fits since Melo is simply better. Melo gets flack because people expect him to be Lebron and he just is not.

Melo is a type of Kevin Durant, he is a pure shooter and probably one of the best shooters in the NBA and most clutch.

Melo needs stability, vet players, a good PG, a good big man...the usual.

I believe people expect too much from him on defense and passing. Maybe because he shows glimpses of great passing and defense and it looks like Melo just feels like improving those aspects of his game when he FEELS like it. When he should be goodon defense and rebounding every game because the ability is there.

Veteran

A new winning attitude and hunger can do good things for you. He lost some weight, he's staying competitive by playing ball thru the summer, and has a coach that will actually push him into reaching his potential. I'm sure Lebron, Kobe, Wade and others will be a motivator if there wasn't any to begin with. Melo is not going to sit back relaxed while most of his BBall friends floss their bling while telling their stories on how the experience felt. I think Melo will play hungry this year.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    A new winning attitude and hunger can do good things for you. He lost some weight, he's staying competitive by playing ball thru the summer, and has a coach that will actually push him into reaching his potential. I'm sure Lebron, Kobe, Wade and others will be a motivator if there wasn't any to begin with. Melo is not going to sit back relaxed while most of his BBall friends floss their bling while telling their stories on how the experience felt. I think Melo will play hungry this year.
    Did you just mention Melo with Hungry in the same sentence.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran

Angry

Be lucky Im not the GM .... Melo would be traded while playing on the USA Team.

Lin/Fields/Novak were suppose to be resigned .. JR givin walkin papers if no team want a sign n trade for his contract.

Melo one n half season as a Knicks shouldve been traded while on the USA Team

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Be lucky Im not the GM .... Melo would be traded while playing on the USA Team.

Lin/Fields/Novak were suppose to be resigned .. JR givin walkin papers if no team want a sign n trade for his contract.

Melo one n half season as a Knicks shouldve been traded while on the USA Team
    Please for the foreseeable future refrain from posting about Melo due to the fact that your obvious bias and contempt towards him makes you incapable of providing any logical arguments or reason on the subject