Why so much hate for Carmelo?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Someone is butt hurt:boohoo::boohoo:

Not as butt-hurt as Denver fans will be this year by their awesome, $62M roster consisting of so many superstars. Good offseason, too, when you consider the signing of Anthony Randolph to add to former Knick players that have achieved nought but f*ck all as Fuggets.

:gony:

KingCharles34

All Star
Are we talking about the same Barkley? Passion? The guy was as lazy a player there was in the league. That's why later in his career he was walking around the court looking fat albert. Melo is a better scorer, better shooter, better defender and better all around human being than Barkley ever was.

Exactly, Barkley would barely be able to get his shot off if he played now. He would be nothing more then a poor mans Reggie Evans with less defense if he played now

I'll take the bait.

1. Forced deal that depleted Knicks to the tune of 19 players, 56 draft picks, and 46 billion dollars.

2. Quit on coach, which is cardinal sin. It's something you JUST. DON'T. DO.

3. Picture of self above fireplace

The three points I listed scream "INSECURE EGOMANIAC", a condition which goes hand in hand with selfishness.

1. Dolan forced the deal, we basically traded Gallo and scrubs for Melo. Great deal for us

2. Not a known fact

3. Thats a fact but I also have a picture of Melo above my fireplace

You shall be tortured by the Brazen Bull for your lack of posting skills

bull.jpg

orangeblobman

Rotation player
1. Dolan forced the deal, we basically traded Gallo and scrubs for Melo. Great deal for us

2. Not a known fact

3. Thats a fact but I also have a picture of Melo above my fireplace

1. You forgot Amar'e's sanity

2. No one issued a press release, but the difference in effort was comically obvious

3. I wouldn't doubt that for a second

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
I'll take the bait.

1. Forced deal that depleted Knicks to the tune of 19 players, 56 draft picks, and 46 billion dollars.

2. Quit on coach, which is cardinal sin. It's something you JUST. DON'T. DO.

3. Picture of self above fireplace

The three points I listed scream "INSECURE EGOMANIAC", a condition which goes hand in hand with selfishness.

Nothing personal, but I can't take this seriously.

I am waiting for the person who did call Melo selfish to respond with facts on why he's selfish. And please, no opinions on why you think he's selfish, just facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yes Barkley is annoying. Yes he says ridiculous things and he seems to have it in for our franchise somewhat, but none of the above has any baring on the mans legacy as a player.

He is a legit great scorer/ rebounder.

To the people saying he was lazy... Let me tell y'all something about the game of basketball.

You can't average 11-13 rebounds per game and score in the 20's, at 6'4'', at the PF position and not work hard. This is not possible. To say that Barkley was lazy defies basic basketaball logic. Think before you post people. Double digit boards at 6'4' = Hard Work.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Nothing personal, but I can't take this seriously.

I am waiting for the person who did call Melo selfish to respond with facts on why he's selfish. And please, no opinions on why you think he's selfish, just facts.

Nothing is ever personal with me so no worries about this.

I'm not sure what you can't take seriously on that list.

I mean, if I am walking next to a stove and it is hot, I will feel this heat and I will avoid touching it. I won't stand there and request an academic report on the stove to determine if it is dangerous or not.

Facts, how can anyone give facts on Melo quitting on coach? Obviously this is impossible. At the same time, how can anyone that payed attention to Melo's play before and after the coaching change say that he didn't quit on MDA?

The burden isn't on the Melo critics to provide facts, it's on the supporters to provide some type of reasonable proof that he is NOT everything we say he is (selfish, a bum, petulant).

You know, I can tell myself I'm wealthy, tall and smell good all day but when I step into the world this delusion falls apart in the face of cold, hard reality. In the same way, this wishful thinking about Melo will fall apart in the face of the cold, hard reality of the NBA Playoffs.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yes Barkley is annoying. Yes he says ridiculous things and he seems to have it in for our franchise somewhat, but none of the above has any baring on the mans legacy as a player.

To the people saying he was lazy... Let me tell y'all something about the game of basketball.

You can't average 11-13 rebounds per game and score in the 20's, at 6'4'', at the PF position and not work hard. This is not possible. To say that Barkley was lazy defies basic basketaball logic. Think before you post people. Double digit boards at 6'4' = Hard Work.

So true, I was thinking the same thing.

6'4" and all those boards? That's nothing but effort and determination.

KingCharles34

All Star
Lets start off with the opinion of Charles Oakley...
"Barkley for his size was a good player, but he's a coward though," Oakley said. "He was a good player for his size but, he wasn't a leader and wasn't a role model. Now he talks so bad about younger guys, I don't respect that from him...He's a fraud, he can criticize all the younger kids and if he got something to say, call them and talk to them before you just blast them. He's wants to be funny, that whole TNT thing and all that, they're like some clowns on that show."

Now on to Scottie Pippen
"I wouldn't give Charles Barkley an apology at gunpoint," Pippen said, never raising his voice. "He can never expect an apology from me. ... If anything, he owes me an apology for coming to play with his fat butt."

"He's a very selfish guy," Pippen said of Barkley. "He doesn't show the desire to want to win. That's my reason for wanting to get away from playing with him anymore because he just doesn't show the dedication.
"I probably should've listened to Michael (Jordan) a year ago when he said that Charles will never win a championship because he doesn't show any dedication." Pippen wasn't finished.

"I was very shocked to see what type of player he was by spending half a season with him," he said of Barkley. "I'm a guy that's dedicated to winning, and I put out a lot of effort on the court. I expect that from my teammates, especially from a guy of his caliber.
"You know he's not willing to go the distance. There's no reason for me to put my last three or four years at risk of never winning.

"Charles is definitely one of the guys that needs to show more leadership for this ballclub to be successful, and he don't show that to me. ... He feels that if he gets 10 rebounds and double-figure points, he's done a good job. But that's not what the game's about. It's about defending, being professional and coming to work every day."

Even MJ knew Barkley didnt have a winners heart. All Barkley ever do is start sh*t with Lebron, Wade, Artest, and other basketball players...hes a fat insecure loser that runs his fat mouth thinking trash talking will bring him the respect that he never got from his teammates

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Lets start off with the opinion of Charles Oakley...

Now on to Scottie Pippen

Even MJ knew Barkley didnt have a winners heart. All Barkley ever do is start sh*t with Lebron, Wade, Artest, and other basketball players...hes a fat insecure loser that runs his fat mouth thinking trash talking will bring him the respect that he never got from his teammates

When you put it that way, I agree with Melo = Barkley! :alert::alert::gony::alert:

:afro:

KingCharles34

All Star
When you put it that way, I agree with Melo = Barkley! :alert::alert::gony::alert:

:afro:

Nobody would say that about Starmelo, even Michelle Obama loves him

Carmelo Anthony doesn?t think Michelle Obama is a Knicks fan, but the First Lady apparently likes Melo?s style.

After a photo of the pair hugging appeared on the front page of yesterday?s Post, Anthony revealed Michelle Obama whispered nice words of encouragement to him in the embrace.

?She told me to continue being happy and keep smiling,?? said Anthony, who is known being carefree on the court. ?She?s a Melo fan.

Anthony, who tweeted the photo yesterday, was in hot demand at the Team USA practice at the University of East London. Former Brazilian Olympic star Oscar Schmidt asked to take a picture with Anthony.

Carmelo-Anthony-Michelle-Obama.jpg

You can tell just by looking at that picture that she gets moist for Melo just from a hug.

She wouldnt even be able to expand her arms around the body of Charles Barktree and she would have to hold her nose if she got that close to him and smell his Taco Bell breath

Kiyaman

Legend

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Barkley were a 20-10 plus career player vs some of the top HOF players in the NBA.
a person have to be an adolescent to write Barkley was lazy....Barkley was any "running-team" best offense/defense player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Watch Melo during the Olympics. The ball is out of his hands within 3 seconds whether it be a pass to a player cutting to the basket, an open player or shooting the ball himself. I think people who say he stops ball movement don't look at what other players are doing around him.

I would scream at the tv last season watching Novak and Fields just stand there at crucial times of the game. Fields was a great cutter so I never understood his mental lapses when he would just stand there for long periods of the game.

u dont recall when Melo received ZERO playingtime on the USA Olympic Team do u? Do this USA Olympic Team need any scoring from Melo? Think CP3, Harden, Kobe, Durant, and Love before answering.

Everytime I watch the re-runs of the Knicks vs Heat playoff series, I see an open Novak & Fields everytime Melo has the ball in his hands.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
u dont recall when Melo received ZERO playingtime on the USA Olympic Team do u? Do this USA Olympic Team need any scoring from Melo? Think CP3, Harden, Kobe, Durant, and Love before answering.

Everytime I watch the re-runs of the Knicks vs Heat playoff series, I see an open Novak & Fields everytime Melo has the ball in his hands.

I don't recall Melo receiving zero playing time in the Olympics. I'd like to see where you read that.

I believe you on Fields being open because quite honestly, the Heat didn't even bother covering him.

I don't agree with Novak. It was said that as soon as Novak got into the game every Heat player kept calling his name and made a considerable amount of effort to keep him from getting open.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Can you tell me why Carmelo Anthony is a selfish player?

If you need someone to tell you why, then you will never get it. Just Google Carmelo is a selfish player and read up on the MILLIONS of pages!!!!!

KingCharles34

All Star
I don't recall Melo receiving zero playing time in the Olympics. I'd like to see where you read that.

I believe you on Fields being open because quite honestly, the Heat didn't even bother covering him.

I don't agree with Novak. It was said that as soon as Novak got into the game every Heat player kept calling his name and made a considerable amount of effort to keep him from getting open.

I dont recall Melo receiving zero playing time in the Olympics either. I do recall people on another forum saying that Melo might just be the best player in the Olympics ever. And i do believe Melo is easily a better pure scorer then 3 out of the 5 names Kiya mentioned

Your also right about both Fields and Novak

Rob Low

Rotation player

If you're talking about in 2004, it was his rookie year and that team was completely unorganized. Lebron played just as little as Melo did. Since 2006 Melo has been the mvp of the olympic team including this year. Have u even watched any of the games? The only one of those guys you've listed that's even close to matching Melo's production this year is Durant.

As far as Novak and Fields. Novak couldn't even move without someone stuck to him like a shadow so that's completely false. And i'd rather Melo shoot on 3 defenders from half court than let fields shoot a wide open shot. The guy is quite possibly the worst shooting perimeter player in the league

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
If you need someone to tell you why, then you will never get it. Just Google Carmelo is a selfish player and read up on the MILLIONS of pages!!!!!

That's a cop out man. If you're gonna say something about someone at least have the stones to back up your points.