Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so much hate for Carmelo?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

yeah yeah yeah .... let me know when ISO-Melo learns how to co-exist with his teammates on both sides of the court. ISO-Melo is another ISO-Marbury in every sense .. how many Knicks teammates did Marbury have Isiah get rid of???
    Tell me how iso-kobe won 5 championships.

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    Tell me how iso-kobe won 5 championships.
    they played triangle not Iso-Kobe.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands

they played triangle not Iso-Kobe.
    They did run the triangle but at the end of the day kobe was one of the biggest iso players in the league

Kobe also plays defense.

If Melo brought the same intensity on defense that Kobe does, Melo's Iso ball would be an easier pill to swallow.

But as it is today, Melo exists on this planet for no other reason than to put shots up.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Kobe also plays defense.

If Melo brought the same intensity on defense that Kobe does, Melo's Iso ball would be an easier pill to swallow.

But as it is today, Melo exists on this planet for no other reason than to put shots up.
    Not sure if you were watching the melo on no D antoni or the melo on woodsons team. His defense obviously improved, and honestly bro no one cares about your opinion anymore why do you still post on here?

Not sure if you were watching the melo on no D antoni or the melo on woodsons team. His defense obviously improved,
    Yea, he can play D, the thing is that he picks and chooses. It's when he feels like it. He had a good burst of energy after the coaching change, but watch him this season.

Over his Denver years, maybe the biggest knock was that he takes possessions off on D. He's just chillin' out there, waiting for the next turn up the court so he can put a shot up.

Veteran

They did run the triangle but at the end of the day kobe was one of the biggest iso players in the league

At the end of the day .. which is CRUNCHTIME the final 5 minutes everyone luv a ISO-MJ, ISO-Kobe, ISO-Lebron, ISO-Durant to win the game .. but nobody wants a ISO-Melo throughout the entire first 45 minutes of the game.

Match Lin's offer and work on trading Melo out of NY

Melo gets hate because we haven't been winning. It's as simple as that. You win, people are happy and you get all the glory. You lose and the team's biggest star will get the most blame.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    That's not entirely true. There were sympathetic posts made.

All this whining about racism isn't well founded either, Jim. There were unquestionably those of the same descent as yourself that were unimpressed with Melo at stages throughout the season. They, presumably, get a free pass in your estimation. Whoever it may be that complained about Melo is in no way correlated to racism. If it is, if it is outright and clearly racist, then someone will sort it out. You can play watch dog, if you so please.

Also, if you're still bitter about being insulted during the Starbury wars, it's not necessary to bring down the site. There are a lot of major contributors here, the majority of whom are very intellectual, in depth and thought provoking.

So can the racism. It defiles the site.

Also, if you could find it in yourself to stop saying that the site's members are low IQ fake fans, that would be super duper.
    Yessah massah, I's will's do's wat's yous says is bes, yessah

Veteran

Originally Posted by STAT1
    I thought the style of play when the Knicks went 18-6 to finish the season was where the realistic expectations would have been for this upcoming season if we could have kept him here (we still have time technically to match, probably unrealistic though). The Knicks were less about Linsanity & more about half court style fundamental basketball. It wasn't all Melo-iso either. There was a good balance of post ups down low with Melo, & utilizing Lin & Tyson in the PnR with kickouts to Novak & some transition baskets mixed in with Landry running the wing. Ironically it was when STAT came back to the roster that the Knicks didn't play as well if I remember correctly, & yet there was no backlash against STAT in the same manner that Melo got when the team struggled when he returned after the initial Linsanity run. I guess the more direct correllation between Melo's return & the team's sudden struggling was much more apparent at that point, but once again you can see the double standard that Knicks fans have towards Melo.
    I got it figured out, I figured it out a long time ago hmmmm.....

At the end of the day .. which is CRUNCHTIME the final 5 minutes everyone luv a ISO-MJ, ISO-Kobe, ISO-Lebron, ISO-Durant to win the game .. but nobody wants a ISO-Melo throughout the entire first 45 minutes of the game.

Match Lin's offer and work on trading Melo out of NY
    No at the end if the day kobe was on of the biggest iso players in the league...

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Yessah massah, I's will's do's wat's yous says is bes, yessah
    No matter how hard you push, no one is going to give you the race war you want. Go to YouTube, embarrass yourself there.

Lurker

As a Knick fan who has lived in Denver the last 10 years let me tell you why Melo frustrates me (no hate here). These are things I noticed while he played for the Nuggets and you all are starting to see first hand.

1. Listen to his interviews. Everything is always 'I', 'myself', 'me' when things are going good but turns into 'them', 'people', etc when things go bad.

2. He will have a 20 game stretch where he will dominate in all aspects of the game. Offensively, defensively, rebounding, hustle...and then he just becomes an offensive player for the next 20 games.

3. I know this has been beaten to death but when you force the team you are being traded to gut their roster and then sign a contract limiting the teams ability to sign top tier free agents don't call the contract of somebody else ridiculous.

4. He has never really taken responsibility for his actions. When he was arrested at the Denver airport with weed he claimed it was a friends and that friend took the fall. When he was arrested for allegedly drunk driving in Denver the cops just swept it under the rug (look up how corrupt the DPD is if you don't believe me). When he forced his trade to New York he kept telling people in Denver that he never really wanted this and he was sad it came to this.

All in all, the guy is extremely frustrating. He seems like a cool cat and he obviously has tons of talent (I'd say top three). He does not love the game though. He loves the things the game provides: money, fame, power (in the knicks front office). I think he could have been a hell of a ball player and a better person but he has been coddled his whole life and never had to own up to anything. Same as Lebron and Kobe but they love the game in a way that Melo never will...

Be lucky Im not the GM .... Melo would be traded while playing on the USA Team.

Lin/Fields/Novak were suppose to be resigned .. JR givin walkin papers if no team want a sign n trade for his contract.

Melo one n half season as a Knicks shouldve been traded while on the USA Team
    Please for the foreseeable future refrain from posting about Melo due to the fact that your obvious bias and contempt towards him makes you incapable of providing any logical arguments or reason on the subject

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    No matter how hard you push, no one is going to give you the race war you want. Go to YouTube, embarrass yourself there.
    Perfect. Then how about getting off your little power trip and stop trying to tell me how to think, what to post, and what to do. In the USA we have a little thing called the 1st Amendment. Look it up if you haven't heard of it. This is an open discussion board. When posters disagree with you, it doesn't automatically mean they are wrong and it's your right to hurl insults at them like you did to me. Didn't your mama teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself???? Probably not. And keep my name outcha mouth moving forward. Thank You.