Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Why so much hate for Carmelo?

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    You don't see how, if the scenario you describe held true, the problem would be with the jealous players and not Jeremy Lin?

It's not Jeremy Lin's fault he is worth 25$million on the market, but it is the fault of the jealous players for reacting like petulant boys.
    I didn't say it would have been Lin's fault, I'm telling it like it is. Regardless if it's justified or not, there would have been jealousy & that's never good when you're trying to build team chemistry. & This is not just from Melo, it would have been from other guys on the team like STAT, JR & maybe others. The only guys I can imagine who wouldn't have been bothered by it would be guys like Tyson Chandler & Steve Novak (other than the end of the bench scrubs).

Originally Posted by STAT1
    I didn't say it would have been Lin's fault, I'm telling it like it is. Regardless if it's justified or not, there would have been jealousy & that's never good when you're trying to build team chemistry. & This is not just from Melo, it would have been from other guys on the team like STAT, JR & maybe others. The only guys I can imagine who wouldn't have been bothered by it would be guys like Tyson Chandler & Steve Novak (other than the end of the bench scrubs).
    Eh..I don't think it would have come from Amar'e!

It's the usual suspects, Melo and JR, they are the two guys that dominate the culture of the team now.

But that just highlights the problem with the roster, the fact that we are even talking about something like this tells me that we are not in a good situation. I mean, when jealousy is a real concern, there's something wrong.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Eh..I don't think it would have come from Amar'e!

It's the usual suspects, Melo and JR, they are the two guys that dominate the culture of the team now.

But that just highlights the problem with the roster, the fact that we are even talking about something like this tells me that we are not in a good situation. I mean, when jealousy is a real concern, there's something wrong.
    I think STAT was plenty jealous of Melo taking over last season, not sure why you would think he'd be above any of the pettiness.

The fact remains there's always going to be jealousy inside a lockerroom. I think bringing in Jason Kidd was a huge move for the Knicks to provide some good veteran leadership (well on the basketball court cuz he's obviously got issues of his own to deal with outside of the lockerroom), because Tyson Chandler could not do it all on his own. STAT & Melo both need to grow up & learn how to be teammates & be able to put their egos aside for the good of the team. This is what Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce & Ray Allen did in Boston & it's what Lebron, Wade & Bosh did in Miami. Both teams won a championship. The Knicks have not yet figured this out.

Lin's contract would have added just another issue for them to squabble about internally. It could be better for us that he left, as difficult a pill as it is to swallow right now. Eventually I just get the feeling that the constant media attention being focused solely on Lin whenever the Knicks won would have become an even bigger issue down the road.
    Last edited by STAT1; Jul 18, 2012 at 09:22.

Melo is the Knicks' version of A-Rod. Many Knicks fans never liked him & his style of play, & when he orchestrated his trade to come to NY & cost the Knicks some promising assets, many Knick fans were already resentful. A-Rod went through a number of years of being hated by a good portion of Yankees fans until he finally broke out & beasted to help the Yankees to a championship in 2009 with that amazing season & postseason he had. Melo will have to do the same if he ever wants to win over all of his Knicks fan detractors. I personally wish people would appreciate what Melo brings to the table more, but some fans just don't like his style of iso play, which is understandable. Me personally, I just want to see winning basketball. The way this team ended last season with Melo & Lin playing well together & the Knicks finishing with that 18-6 stretch was really promising & makes me have faith that Melo's time in NY is about to hit its stride next season.
    u summed it up pretty well,

it's all about styles and preferences among fans of different styles and eras etc.

other dudes need to stop with the race crap,
    criticizing an asian player like Lin is not being racist if it's objective,
    and the same thing goes for criticizing a black player like Melo,
    come on NYK fans, yous are smarter than that

Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    u summed it up pretty well,

it's all about styles and preferences among fans of different styles and eras etc.

other dudes need to stop with the race crap,
    criticizing an asian player like Lin is not being racist if it's objective,
    and the same thing goes for criticizing a black player like Melo,
    come on NYK fans, yous are smarter than that
    Don't want to turn this into a race discussion, but there are a good # of Knicks fans out there that are throwing around the "c" word at Lin because they're angry at him that he chose to sign that offer sheet. That kinda stuff really makes me question the intelligence of people nowadays. No matter what you feel about Lin's decision, it never justifies throwing racial epithets at a guy for making a business decision for himself & his family. People need to get a life & stop being so angry.

Don't want to turn this into a race discussion, but there are a good # of Knicks fans out there that are throwing around the "c" word at Lin because they're angry at him that he chose to sign that offer sheet. That kinda stuff really makes me question the intelligence of people nowadays. No matter what you feel about Lin's decision, it never justifies throwing racial epithets at a guy for making a business decision for himself & his family. People need to get a life & stop being so angry.
    Absolutely. It's f'ing preposterous.

What happened happened. Let everyone move on and have some contentment. Can't change the call after the whistle's been blown.

Default WOW before 2010..We beg for Star..now people say Melo..

Isn't a Supserstar...LOL He was when he scored 50 pts on Knicks in Denver..but we crying for Lin that wasn't gonna put same results in NON MIke Pringles Dantio system... Melo All-Star...Most fear Scorer in the league..Here a Hint..Most GIfted Scorers Don't LOCK DOWN on Defense that why you Build around his scoring...MJ had Pippen...Magic had Cooper.. Isiah had DUmars.... that the recipe...Non of those team built around LImited Guard ...Melo will be fine the Key is Stat to be healthy n get on DAMN BOX and BOX Out...

How is the hatred for Melo going this week?

Veteran

Originally Posted by RealNYK78
    Isn't a Supserstar...LOL He was when he scored 50 pts on Knicks in Denver..but we crying for Lin that wasn't gonna put same results in NON MIke Pringles Dantio system... Melo All-Star...Most fear Scorer in the league..Here a Hint..Most GIfted Scorers Don't LOCK DOWN on Defense that why you Build around his scoring...MJ had Pippen...Magic had Cooper.. Isiah had DUmars.... that the recipe...Non of those team built around LImited Guard ...Melo will be fine the Key is Stat to be healthy n get on DAMN BOX and BOX Out...
    Welcome newbie!!! Nice post keep it up we need BASKETBALL FANS with IQ on this board desparately, not just bandwagon naysayers. Here's to your first rep point!!! Keep posting

Veteran

Originally Posted by Yes the NBA is Rigged
    you're an idiot
    I like your "moniker" now be a good boy and go troll the Rockets boards we can't feed you here

No need to hate on Melo. His playoff record speaks for him. He will forever be a loser. He will never win anything with his selfish iso ball.

I think with Kidd around, Melo will play a lot like in the Olympics, moving without the ball to get easy scoring opps. Though in crunch time, you will see a lot of iso clear outs. It's the way of the league now. You just hope he has enough gas in a possession to possession type ball game. Kidd helped Dirk reinvent his game, from an Avery back to the basket, where triples basically called it a game, to an offensive game that had more flare, where he was a threat any where across half court.

Originally Posted by Den318
    No need to hate on Melo. His playoff record speaks for him. He will forever be a loser. He will never win anything with his selfish iso ball.
    Come on, shake your body baby Do the conga I know you can't control yourself any longer Come on, shake your body baby Do the conga I know you can't control yourself any longer

Come on, shake your body, baby Do the conga I know you can't control yourself any longer Feel the rhythm of the music getting stronger Don't you fight it till you've tried it Do the conga beat

Everybody gather 'round now Let your body feel the heat Don't you worry if you can't dance lLet the music move your feet It's the rhythm of the island And like sugarcane, so sweet If you want to do the conga yYou've got to listen to the beat

I just turned you red with one neg

Thumbs down

The Knicks will far exceed anything the Denver Nuggets accomplish this year. I will buy a used handkerchief for you on Ebay to assist you in the cleansing of your discontent with their sh!ttyness.

I dare say that someone who purposely registered on a Knicks site just to badmouth a basketball player, is the type of person that would fit the profile of 'forever being a loser'.