Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: Bandwagon Knicks Fans : Burn A Slow Death

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Names on the back of jerseys change all the time. Us as Knicks fans know this more than anyone. But the Orange and Blue.....that dont fade.

  2. #32
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I don't know why people would threaten to be Nyets fans... those guys made a bunch of dumb*ss moves this offseason as well.... Brook Lopez got the OD undeserved contract and then they add Joe Johnson whose contract is worse than Amare's as well.

    And houston with or without Lin will suck if you took a look at their roster its a mess.

    Anyhow I've said this before Dolan is what in his 50's... 60's maybe? He will die like Al Davis eventually too and then the Raiders stopped sucking as much. Me I am in my late 20's I have time to wait and hopefully Dolan picks up a smoking habit to look cool while he plays a guitar or whatever he does.
    Last edited by Wargames; Jul 16, 2012 at 20:44.

  3. #33
    Lurker LAKnickerbocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey guys. Long time fan of the site, diehard NYK fan of 15 years, happy to be aboard! Couldn't agree more with the OP. Am I gonna be bummed if Lin isn't a part of this team next year? Sure. He had an insane run with us last year. But as you guys have been saying, players come and go. But REAL fans stick by their team! If given a choice between Jeremy Lin and the team I have been devoted to since I was a little boy, I easily choose my team! Knicks for life!

  4. #34
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Why the fk would you go through the Isiah and Dolan era to jump off now? Fk that. Im not even from New York but i aint jumping off. When we win that ring its going to be sweet. It may not be soon but when it does happen at least i can say i didnt jump on when we were good.

  5. #35
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    BUT, why the heck is everyone assuming that
    just because a Knicks fan wants Jeremy Lin
    to continue playing for the Knicks, he/she
    will NOT stick around if he is traded??


    Oy vey! I give up (for the night).

  6. #36
    Member Hayato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    All I have been hearing and reading is how much the Knicks will be sorry for not resigning Lin , not supporting the team, now Rockets fans etc. Thank you very much for showing us all how much of a Bandwagon front running piece of **** you are.

    You are front running for a fad , cult,hyped up D League player who was given the keys to a fast forward offense when our star players were hurt. You people are so sick I don't even know what else to say. We are a way better team with the pickups we made and you are ****ing fake as **** for even registering for this site and calling yourself a Knicks fan. This site is for diehard fans not people like you.

    We are called the New York Knicks not "LINS". If anyone is gonna be sorry its the Rockets and you cult morons who are going to look stupid when this jig is up. He has average speed , jumpshot, and defense at best. He can only drive to the left and kicks the balls or turns it over every three plays.

    85% healthy and wont play...

    Name one player who played in any playoffs who was playing at 100% health. **** Jeremy Lin and **** all you people who are gonna jump on here and flame my post. I am a Die Hard fan and nobody leaving this team will ever make me change that.


    i agree except for the 85% healthy part. dont go by stephen a smith; lin wasnt even cleared by doctors to play

  7. #37
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tokie420
    Names on the back of jerseys change all the time. Us as Knicks fans know this more than anyone. But the Orange and Blue.....that dont fade.
    true but I do miss the black trim

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Newbie
    BUT, why the heck is everyone assuming that
    just because a Knicks fan wants Jeremy Lin
    to continue playing for the Knicks, he/she
    will NOT stick around if he is traded??


    Oy vey! I give up (for the night).
    They're not. I in fact am one of them who wants him to stay. They're talking about the ones who will leave us or will not watch another game if the Knicks don't match.

  9. #39
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYNYK
    They're not. I in fact am one of them who wants him to stay. They're talking about the ones who will leave us or will not watch another game if the Knicks don't match.
    I probably won't watch another game if Lin doesn't come back. But that doesn't mean I don't bleed the orange and blue! I won't jump ship to another team, but it will be like hibernation for me, and I will come out of the cave again when Melo-era has ended. Or if they make it to the Finals, in which case I will watch the Finals.

    Anyway, this is moot balls, Lin will be back and all the fans will stay happy and together, and we will hug.

  10. #40
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    As a knick fan one player shouldn't make a difference to your opinion on the knicks and weather or not you follow the team.

    Be that Melo, Lin, Amar'e whomever. I'll admit that after the knicks lost to Toronto in the playoffs i went into a more "hibernation" mode then year past but i always followed the knicks, watched the games when i could etc. It wasn't because of any particular player, it was because the knicks just sucked and it was hard to deal with.

    Now that we have a playoff calliber team and are making some moves that make sense for once I'm inclined to watch and see what happens. Falling off the knick bandwagon now would be pretty stupid for anyone who was a fan before 2010. Especially if it's because of Lin or Melo.

  11. #41
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,503
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I probably won't watch another game if Lin doesn't come back. But that doesn't mean I don't bleed the orange and blue! I won't jump ship to another team, but it will be like hibernation for me, and I will come out of the cave again when Melo-era has ended. Or if they make it to the Finals, in which case I will watch the Finals.

    Anyway, this is moot balls, Lin will be back and all the fans will stay happy and together, and we will hug.
    so long orange bowl movement. i assume there's no internet at thet thar cave,
    take it light, don't let the moot balls bite.


  12. #42
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I probably won't watch another game if Lin doesn't come back. But that doesn't mean I don't bleed the orange and blue! I won't jump ship to another team, but it will be like hibernation for me, and I will come out of the cave again when Melo-era has ended. Or if they make it to the Finals, in which case I will watch the Finals.

    Anyway, this is moot balls, Lin will be back and all the fans will stay happy and together, and we will hug.
    Melo will likely retire a Knick so.............


  13. #43
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I don't see anything wrong with a person ceasing to be a fan of a team that they've followed for a long time. If a franchise has incompetent ownership and has gotten nowhere in the last decade and is continuously repeating the same mistakes over and over again after promising their fans that they would produce a winning product then why continue being a fan of that team?

    Would you stay with a woman who constantly mistreated you for many years and promised that she would change but instead continued mistreating you? Sometimes people have to move on. I'm sure most Knick fans who remember the 90's cling on to those memories but I've been saying for a while that as long as Jim Dolan owns the Knicks they will not win an NBA championship for the next few decades.

  14. #44
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I hate fact they kept saying Lin made $$$$$ for NY

    I've been going at in other sports bar on facebook with Boston..ATL..and even Heat fans..ATL fans talking about Lin had MSG sold out..1st ATL no one watches #2 MSG sold out years they suck...My main reason with not bring Lin back was not for no Damn Asian fans..or Marketing in China Bull****..It against Rondo n Chalmers n Deron..Can he get the BALL n run offense..And at 14.5 million for a 3rd year..It NO...Felton had Off year..and Stat..I can gamble with that..n still be flexible..but to think NY fell Off cause LIn left is BEYOND Stupid..Lin and Asian n CHina Bandwagon can go back to Landry mat n Restaurant so I can watch NY in peace...

  15. #45
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo will likely retire a Knick so.............

    OMFG!!!! LOL!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Tyson Chandler & the Knicks Improved Defense
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2012, 13:05
  2. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 09:03
  3. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 12:12
  4. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2008, 00:17
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •