Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bandwagon Knicks Fans : Burn A Slow Death

Names on the back of jerseys change all the time. Us as Knicks fans know this more than anyone. But the Orange and Blue.....that dont fade.

I don't know why people would threaten to be Nyets fans... those guys made a bunch of dumb*ss moves this offseason as well.... Brook Lopez got the OD undeserved contract and then they add Joe Johnson whose contract is worse than Amare's as well.

And houston with or without Lin will suck if you took a look at their roster its a mess.

Anyhow I've said this before Dolan is what in his 50's... 60's maybe? He will die like Al Davis eventually too and then the Raiders stopped sucking as much. Me I am in my late 20's I have time to wait and hopefully Dolan picks up a smoking habit to look cool while he plays a guitar or whatever he does.
    Last edited by Wargames; Jul 16, 2012 at 20:44.

Hey guys. Long time fan of the site, diehard NYK fan of 15 years, happy to be aboard! Couldn't agree more with the OP. Am I gonna be bummed if Lin isn't a part of this team next year? Sure. He had an insane run with us last year. But as you guys have been saying, players come and go. But REAL fans stick by their team! If given a choice between Jeremy Lin and the team I have been devoted to since I was a little boy, I easily choose my team! Knicks for life!

Why the fk would you go through the Isiah and Dolan era to jump off now? Fk that. Im not even from New York but i aint jumping off. When we win that ring its going to be sweet. It may not be soon but when it does happen at least i can say i didnt jump on when we were good.

BUT, why the heck is everyone assuming that
    just because a Knicks fan wants Jeremy Lin
    to continue playing for the Knicks, he/she
    will NOT stick around if he is traded??

Oy vey! I give up (for the night).

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    All I have been hearing and reading is how much the Knicks will be sorry for not resigning Lin , not supporting the team, now Rockets fans etc. Thank you very much for showing us all how much of a Bandwagon front running piece of **** you are.

You are front running for a fad , cult,hyped up D League player who was given the keys to a fast forward offense when our star players were hurt. You people are so sick I don't even know what else to say. We are a way better team with the pickups we made and you are ****ing fake as **** for even registering for this site and calling yourself a Knicks fan. This site is for diehard fans not people like you.

We are called the New York Knicks not "LINS". If anyone is gonna be sorry its the Rockets and you cult morons who are going to look stupid when this jig is up. He has average speed , jumpshot, and defense at best. He can only drive to the left and kicks the balls or turns it over every three plays.

85% healthy and wont play...

Name one player who played in any playoffs who was playing at 100% health. **** Jeremy Lin and **** all you people who are gonna jump on here and flame my post. I am a Die Hard fan and nobody leaving this team will ever make me change that.

i agree except for the 85% healthy part. dont go by stephen a smith; lin wasnt even cleared by doctors to play

Originally Posted by Tokie420
    Names on the back of jerseys change all the time. Us as Knicks fans know this more than anyone. But the Orange and Blue.....that dont fade.
    true but I do miss the black trim

Originally Posted by Newbie
    BUT, why the heck is everyone assuming that
    just because a Knicks fan wants Jeremy Lin
    to continue playing for the Knicks, he/she
    will NOT stick around if he is traded??

Oy vey! I give up (for the night).
    They're not. I in fact am one of them who wants him to stay. They're talking about the ones who will leave us or will not watch another game if the Knicks don't match.

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    They're not. I in fact am one of them who wants him to stay. They're talking about the ones who will leave us or will not watch another game if the Knicks don't match.
    I probably won't watch another game if Lin doesn't come back. But that doesn't mean I don't bleed the orange and blue! I won't jump ship to another team, but it will be like hibernation for me, and I will come out of the cave again when Melo-era has ended. Or if they make it to the Finals, in which case I will watch the Finals.

Anyway, this is moot balls, Lin will be back and all the fans will stay happy and together, and we will hug.

As a knick fan one player shouldn't make a difference to your opinion on the knicks and weather or not you follow the team.

Be that Melo, Lin, Amar'e whomever. I'll admit that after the knicks lost to Toronto in the playoffs i went into a more "hibernation" mode then year past but i always followed the knicks, watched the games when i could etc. It wasn't because of any particular player, it was because the knicks just sucked and it was hard to deal with.

Now that we have a playoff calliber team and are making some moves that make sense for once I'm inclined to watch and see what happens. Falling off the knick bandwagon now would be pretty stupid for anyone who was a fan before 2010. Especially if it's because of Lin or Melo.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I probably won't watch another game if Lin doesn't come back. But that doesn't mean I don't bleed the orange and blue! I won't jump ship to another team, but it will be like hibernation for me, and I will come out of the cave again when Melo-era has ended. Or if they make it to the Finals, in which case I will watch the Finals.

Anyway, this is moot balls, Lin will be back and all the fans will stay happy and together, and we will hug.
    so long orange bowl movement. i assume there's no internet at thet thar cave,
    take it light, don't let the moot balls bite.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman

Melo will likely retire a Knick so.............

I don't see anything wrong with a person ceasing to be a fan of a team that they've followed for a long time. If a franchise has incompetent ownership and has gotten nowhere in the last decade and is continuously repeating the same mistakes over and over again after promising their fans that they would produce a winning product then why continue being a fan of that team?

Would you stay with a woman who constantly mistreated you for many years and promised that she would change but instead continued mistreating you? Sometimes people have to move on. I'm sure most Knick fans who remember the 90's cling on to those memories but I've been saying for a while that as long as Jim Dolan owns the Knicks they will not win an NBA championship for the next few decades.

Default I hate fact they kept saying Lin made $$$$$ for NY

I've been going at in other sports bar on facebook with Boston..ATL..and even Heat fans..ATL fans talking about Lin had MSG sold out..1st ATL no one watches #2 MSG sold out years they suck...My main reason with not bring Lin back was not for no Damn Asian fans..or Marketing in China Bull****..It against Rondo n Chalmers n Deron..Can he get the BALL n run offense..And at 14.5 million for a 3rd year..It NO...Felton had Off year..and Stat..I can gamble with that..n still be flexible..but to think NY fell Off cause LIn left is BEYOND Stupid..Lin and Asian n CHina Bandwagon can go back to Landry mat n Restaurant so I can watch NY in peace...

Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo will likely retire a Knick so.............

OMFG!!!! LOL!!!