12-13: Do you foresee another year of chemistry issues?

Is there a specific part/facet of the team that concerns you moving in to 12-13?

• Front-court

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Back-court

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Bench

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shooting guard

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Point guard

• Stoudemire

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Felton

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Iso ball

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Shooting

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
Stat

With Jason Kidd, Felton, Prigioni and maybe Lin...we should not worry about Point guard problems for years to come.

Also...Kidd, Lin and Felton can play minutes at the 2 spot so these guys are versatile.

Now shooting would be an issue if we did not have a PG to orchestrate an offense. From what I have seen from Kidd, Felton, Prigioni, and Lin that should not be a problem because all of these guys have good court vision.

Iso ball is not as much of a problem as people dread because honestly if you have a PG that canbreak down a defense, you have to eventually mix it up and that is where iso ball comes and we all know Melo and Amare are iso nightmares.

Every player compliments each other except for STAT...STAT clogs the paint on offense and if he cant hit an open 12 foot mid range shot, then no one will play him up close and he cant attack and be effective off the dribble

Stat needs to get back his jump shot, he needs to get back that tenacity and aggressiveness that made him such a force in his first year in NY. Felton needs to revive something in Amare and make him remember the player he use to be. Woody can ingrain in the team concept to hustle and rebound more, which I believe he has. STAT needs to be aggressive on the boards. He needs to go for offensive rebounds and score off rebounds.

If STAT can do all of this then he will be the x factor that can make us a championship contending team. People forget how bad he was last season and we still made the playoffs and went 5 games with Miami. We also had no legit PG to even help STAT.

STAT has no excuse....if he does not improve then he has to be traded since having a PG HAS to help him out, if he does not improve then we all know he is just on a free fall decline.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Amare is gonna be garbage in 1/2 court. No one can deny that. All we need Bargiani to do is to sit in the corner and hit 3's and take away a big defender away from the inside. Melo would have more room to do his thing.

Amir Johnson is backup much better version of Jared Jeffries. Plus when he goes head to head vs. Amare he does like 35 and 20 rebounds...further proving your boy Amare is garb.

Exactly, the way the team is built without that 2 guard(Ray Allen would have been nice) to spread the floor it's going to be a clogged paint. Sure he's on the wrong side of 35, but reputation will have defenders respecting the shot, thus the open floor for melo and Stat to work with.

Amare is gonna be garbage in 1/2 court. No one can deny that. All we need Bargiani to do is to sit in the corner and hit 3's and take away a big defender away from the inside. Melo would have more room to do his thing.
Bargani is a career .365% from three and is coming off a season where he averaged .296%, your acting like he is Ray Allen. And I love how Amare has one bad season and you automatically assume that he is going to suck in this one when he was in MVP talks not too long ago.

Plus when he goes head to head vs. Amare he does like 35 and 20 rebounds...further proving your boy Amare is garb.
In the 4 games against the Knicks this season Amir Johnson has a total of 25 points and 16 rebounds. Can you actually state facts instead of talking out of your ass?

Paul1355

All Star
If we trade stat for Amir Jonson + Bargiani to this team for Amare we could do work in the playoffs.

Tough interior defense. I highly doubt we would ever get out rebounded. 3 Point shooters all around. Melo controlling the offense where they can't really D him like that because we have 3 three point shooters on the court at all times.

i cant believe you actually want to trade for Bargiani who is getting paid crazy money and is injured every year.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think it's interesting that 30% voted Amar'e.

To my mind, Amar'e's drop-off is a symptom not a cause. It's the iso-ball, which is what I voted for, that is making Amar'e look like a bum.

This guy made his career in a totally different type of basketball game, and now you take that away from him, guy's like 28, 29 years old, now it's a totally different game you ask him to play. I think he can adapt, but my gripe is that we are asking him to adapt to this in the first place. I didn't mind the 25/9 he was dropping before the trade.