Modric to Real Madrid

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Deal is close to being finalized, I think it's safe to say Little Luka will be with Ronaldo next season.

Everyone tells me Real has too many midfielders so I hope that Luka will start, but I do not understand why you buy someone for 35 million pounds and then you do not start him.

Luka has never played with anyone of Ronaldo's level so I am excited to see them hook up.

I think he's better suited for the Spanish game because he has the glue on his boots, great handles on the ball and he can do the technical game, short passes, he's very quick. He has had success in England but he is a small guy and the EPL is a tough, physical league. It's good for him to move to Spain where his skills will be magnified by the playstyle.

Luka+Modric1.jpg

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Modric is overated. Im glad my boys didnt fork out the money for him.

Guy is not overrated, he just doesn't have a lot to work with so a big share of the chances he creates are wasted.

Wait until he's feeding Ronaldo and the other guys at Real, guys that know what to do with the ball in front of goal.

He doesn't make mistakes. Easily one of the best midfielders in Euro 2012, but Croatia did not have so many weapons up front to make use of his talents.

Pricey

Rotation player
Guy is not overrated, he just doesn't have a lot to work with so a big share of the chances he creates are wasted.

Wait until he's feeding Ronaldo and the other guys at Real, guys that know what to do with the ball in front of goal.

He doesn't make mistakes. Easily one of the best midfielders in Euro 2012, but Croatia did not have so many weapons up front to make use of his talents.

Doesnt have a lot to work with? I watch the EPL every week as its my fave sport. Spurs are all attack. Bale, VDV, Adebayor, Saha, Krancjar, Lennon. Didnt have a lot to work with?
Modric wouldnt even start for Madrid, no idea why they would want him.
He was terrible at Euro 2012

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Doesnt have a lot to work with? I watch the EPL every week as its my fave sport. Spurs are all attack. Bale, VDV, Adebayor, Saha, Krancjar, Lennon. Didnt have a lot to work with?
Modric wouldnt even start for Madrid, no idea why they would want him.
He was terrible at Euro 2012

7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nicholson_the_shining.jpeg

Pricey

Rotation player
very serious. extremely overated player. Wouldnt want him at United although he is better then what we have a CAM

The Man United fan is right, Modric IS overrated and he sucked at Euro 2012.

Decent player, but nowhere near world class. A very very poor man's Paul Scholes.

Khedira and Ozil are both better for Real, not to mention Alonso who's truly world class.

Pricey

Rotation player
i watched every single game of Euro 2012.
most Spurs fans i know arent even worried that Modric wants out. He is not in the same class as VDV and Bale. They are more worried about VDV leaving then Modric

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I'm not going to argue with you about Modric at Euro. If they advanced he would have been on the team of the tournament.

It's pretty unanimous across all soccer media that he was one of the top performers, not just on Croatia, but in the entire tournament. One site I saw had him rated above Ronaldo.

With all due respect, you guys don't know soccer. And if you really do know anyone that ranks Bale over Modric, they're either racist against Croatians or bitter that he wants to leave.

There is a reason Real isn't offering close to 60$ million for Bale or VDV.

Pricey

Rotation player
Dont know anything about soccer? Well the answer for why Real wouldnt offer that money for Bale or VDV for fairly obvious reasons. Bale plays on the left, they have Ozil and Di Maria and VDV is over 30. They need a CAM and he isnt old.... go figure

Bale is way better then Modric lol. Barcelona wanted Bale and offered that amount

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Ok, man.

Stick with cricket.

It's mind-boggling that you would say Modric sucked at Euros. If you did actually watch the tournament, I can't come to any other conclusion than that you don't understand soccer. Anyone that watched the Croatia games would tell you that Modric was by far Croatia's best player.

Spain's toughest game of the entire tournament was the Croatia game and Modric was the main cause of their difficulties.

GTFO and STFU, have a good day sir.

Pricey

Rotation player

orangeblobman

Rotation player
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/eu...ighest-rated-players-of-euro-2012-group-stage

18th best player in Euro 2012 group stage.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/20874/

7.58 rating over the last season for Spurs.

But we can exchange links all day, the fact is that you didn't watch the Croatia games. Modric was masterful and easily the best Croatia player in the tournament.

Croatia was in a group that both finalists came out of and they were very close to advancing. Spain was lucky to beat them, if you think otherwise, YDWTT (you didn't watch the tournament).

Anyway, we should get some news today about his future.

Bottom line is, when Real comes calling for you, there is not a player in the world that would say no.

Go Luka Go!!

Pricey

Rotation player
actually i watched all the game at Euro which means Croatia. Goal.com is easily one of the worst soccer sites going around. Doesn't surprise me they posted that tripe.

I hope he does go to Madrid, will be on the bench very quickly.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
****,, MAN!!

This is by far our best talent of this generation and he's going to rot on that piece of **** Tottenham team for the next four years.

SMFH.