View Poll Results: Was it f'd up that Tyson got DPOY and still got snubbed for AD 1st team?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was f'd.

14 70.00%
  • It was not f'd.

2 10.00%
  • It was close enough between him and D12. Whatever.

1 5.00%
  • I can smell virgins from great distances.

3 15.00%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Tyson Chandler Player Performance and News thread

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i expect him finish atop the DPoY rankings if not at the very top and win it again. this guy is a catalyst and the best rim protector in the league. True winner plays with passion and he's a large reason to why we were able to stay above ground last season. him and Melo seem to be gelling together and working up some chemistry and a nice bond in London, which is amazing.

easily top 3 C

and metro i agree, Amar'e makes us a much better team and i think with him we'll take that leap.

If Dwight gets traded, do we now have the best Center in the East =0, i'd like to see Chandler develop a consistent mid range jumper. I hear he's suppose to be working out with Hakeem next month on his post moves with Stat.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 23, 2012 at 22:13.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    If Dwight gets traded, do we now have the best Center in the East =0, i'd like to see Chandler develop a consistent mid range jumper. I hear he's suppose to be working out with Hakeem next month on his post moves with Stat.
    He might get some competition from Roy Hibbert. He is a great defender and his offense is better than Tyson

Not if Bynum goes to Cleveland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer:yes
    Long answer:yes

I'd go to war anyday with Tyson as my Center over Crybaby and bynoob.

and LOL at Hibbert contending with the Maneater

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Short answer:yes
    Long answer:yes

I'd go to war anyday with Tyson as my Center over Crybaby and bynoob.

and LOL at Hibbert contending with the Maneater
    Chandler has been the perfect center for us. Just never knew why he didn't develop one or two post offensive moves. He has great agility for his size; footwork isn't that hard to teach...just takes time. I'm talking about Chandler like he's 21...lol.

Chandler is that dude, hes a true warrior. Its amazing what he did last year for our defense and his impact that he made i think is the biggest reason why he get the DPOY award. It reminded me alot of what KG did in Boston. Other teams probably hate Chandler and especially KG but its a big advantage to have a "dirty" but skilled defensive player protecting the rim. I couldnt even count how many picks Chandler set that i thought were dirty last year, if only Stat took notes. Stat sets the most p*ssy picks I think i've ever seen.

Default TyChan Olympic Diary

TyChan's Olympic Diary is an interesting read. He's working with Kiki Vandeweghe (great!) and is looking forward to Hakeem's dream workout post-olympics.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

the interview with the Prigger afterwards is cool too.

Anyone watch the olympics? Tyson is amazing. I just see him blocking or altering any shot that comes his way. Plus he rebounds extremely well. He looks a little sharper then he did last season. Plus he's gunna train with hakeem. I'm really hyped.

Nyk Logo Tyson Chandler scolds defensive 1st team snub.

LONDON – Knicks center Tyson Chandler is starting to wonder if sportswriters take their postseason voting chores more seriously than the NBA coaches.
    Following Team USA basketball practice yesterday, Chandler reacted publicly to the confusion of his being named to the Second Team All-Defense just a week after being named Defensive Player of the Year.
    The media votes on the DPOY Award and the Knicks staged a lavish press conference for the unsung Chandler, who still has not made an All-Star team. What hurt Chandler is that the All-Defense teams are voted by coaches. Chandler figures by now coaches have seen what he brings on the court on the defensive end after winning a championship in Dallas in 2011 and leading the Knicks into the playoffs.

“I was surprised,’’ Chandler told The Post. “I think it was ridiculous. It just shows – the coaches vote for that. I don’t know if they’re really paying attention on what they’re voting on. I don’t know if they just mark down the names. I don’t understand how I can win Defensive Player of the Year by the media and get second team. The good thing is I get to play against them next year and show them why I should’ve been Defensive Player of Year and show them why I should be on the first team.’’

Chandler had an excellent Olympic debut Sunday vs. France, scoring eight points with nine rebounds in just 11 minutes. Though Chandler is the starting center -- and lone pivot on the club -- coach Mike Krzyzewski likes playing his wingmen at the 5. Power forward Kevin Love also had a big second half.
    Chandler is likely to make his first All-Star Game this year. But Chandler says, “It’s always politics.’’

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Well, I can only see this as a brilliant thing for the Knicks. An already intensely competitive DPOY with a score to settle. He held All Star opponents well below season averages last year, with a chip on his shoulder, he might just rape them at centre court.

For those of you who think I spelled center wrong, in my defence, I've decided I'm sick of writing the American way, and have reverted to original English. So there!

At first it doesn't make sense, but then we understand why: it's two different groups voting.

So take it for what it is. I would put him 1st team, but what can we do?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    For those of you who think I spelled center wrong, in my defence, I've decided I'm sick of writing the American way, and have reverted to original English. So there!
    ...defense

Shumpert not voted to the rookies vs sophmore game was the real Snub of the season for me

Veteran

Shumpert not voted to the rookies vs sophmore game was the real Snub of the season for me

u sound like u didnt watch any Knicks games before "Lin-Sanity" ....
    Shump started the 2011-12 season showing great athleticism along
    with the poorest decision-making player out of the 2011 draft class.
    u dont remember that???

When it comes to Dwight Howard compared to Tyson Chandler on
    offense or defense .. Superman will always win.

Veteran

All I remember about the Tyson Chandler vs. Dwight Howard debate is that when they matched up against each other, Tyson destroyed him, which is all I need to know!