View Poll Results: Was it f'd up that Tyson got DPOY and still got snubbed for AD 1st team?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was f'd.

14 70.00%
  • It was not f'd.

2 10.00%
  • It was close enough between him and D12. Whatever.

1 5.00%
  • I can smell virgins from great distances.

3 15.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Tyson Chandler Player Performance and News thread

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u sound like u didnt watch any Knicks games before "Lin-Sanity" ....
    Shump started the 2011-12 season showing great athleticism along
    with the poorest decision-making player out of the 2011 draft class.
    u dont remember that???

When it comes to Dwight Howard compared to Tyson Chandler on
    offense or defense .. Superman will always win.
    iv'e watched every single Knicks game through out the 11-12 season matter fact i was in the Game threads every night "hint hint" the amount of posts i have.

I agree Shump did make some poor decisions, name me ONE PLAYER that didn't make poor decisions in the Dantoni's run and gun, feel free to do what you want offense . Ok he had some poor decision making plays... he also had bright spots in his game and their were times he made good plays, and thats a plus for me seeing how he was being used terribly wrong under Dantoni and forced to become a Full duty PG because we had no other options Toney douglas sucked and Baron was still injured.. take note the Melo point forward thing wasn't working out so well either

Your a rookie and make some poor decisions and that means you should be excluded for the rookie vs sophmore game? part of being a ROOKIE is coming in the league making mistakes and learning from them. It sounds like your saying "offense alone" determines weather or not you should be in the game... keep in mind Shump was ranked like 5 on the rookie ladder during that time.

Shump was one of the best promising rookies out their with ALOT of potential, arguably the best lock down rookie defender in the league, immediately made his presence felt on the court, took alot of pride in his game and showed alot of poise and determination only to be hindered by nagging injuries.

If your debate is he shouldn't of been selected to the game because of his decision making then a COUPLE rookies shouldn't of been in the game especially Mr "look at me i think im kobe bryant" Marshon brooks dude forced a ton a terrible shots (keep in mind Brooks had missed a fair share of games as well) does that mean he shouldn't of been picked either?

Your talking about Shumpert a guy who finished 5th in rookie of year votings behind irving, Rubio, Leonard and Faried please spare me bro.

&

Chandler makes Dwight his B*tch everytime they matchup , of course Dwight has an advantage offensively which makes him a better overall center, Mind you Dwight and Bynum have mismatches every night because of the lack of dominant centers left in this league but i don't see Dwight as this so called "superman" because when he matches up against Tyson Chandler his stats gradually decline... #Facts
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 31, 2012 at 17:35.

Superstar

Biggest snub since Lebron won ROY over Melo

Look no hate intended but truth be told when Dwight played last year, he was a better defender than Tyson. The narrative is always half of the vote in DPOY and MVP (just ask Rose), and that, combined with Tyson's more consistent play and his head to head VS Dwight got him over the line.

Tyson turned the Knicks defensive philosophy on it's head and made us a force defensively for the first time since the Ewing days. The media jumped all over it and the narrative pushed Chandler slightly infront.

On a side note. Who else is pumped for next season now? So many players out their to prove something. Tyson now energized to show why he should have made the first team defense, Amare looking to fight back and build on his strong but brief showing under Woodson and prove he still has it. Melo looking like a beast in the Olympics on both sides of the ball, hoping to prove he is able to get in perfect shape and reach the NBA elite. Felton is dying to prove he is still a starting caliber PG in this league still and has been working very hard on his defense & conditioning. And to a smaller degree Brewer has stated he will be tenacious on defense and do whatever is needed of him.

Lolo Jones
    Ok, so run this by me again @tysonchandler, why wont the men's basketball team sleep in the olympic village?

Looks like Chandlers getting himself some Virgin puss

@kevinlove: True story. I'd like you all to read. @tysonchandler @ESPNChrisPalmer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nice story on Chandler and Kevin Love

We showed Stoudemire video working out with Olajuwon. Tyson Chandler said after gold medal win those Hakeem "post" plans are scrapped.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    We showed Stoudemire video working out with Olajuwon. Tyson Chandler said after gold medal win those Hakeem "post" plans are scrapped.
    Why did he scrap them? He made a vow in the post game after the Heat beat us that he would work on his offensive game over the summer. I thought Woodson wanted him to work with Hakeem as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Why did he scrap them? He made a vow in the post game after the Heat beat us that he would work on his offensive game over the summer. I thought Woodson wanted him to work with Hakeem as well.

Well he's been working with Kiki Vandeweigh who I think Tyson will benefit from more, think about it

if STAT and DPOY are both doing the same **** on O we're in trouble, they need to learn how to play together which means getting different skill sets that benefit both of their styles

Originally Posted by CA7
    Well he's been working with Kiki Vandeweigh who I think Tyson will benefit from more, think about it

if STAT and DPOY are both doing the same **** on O we're in trouble, they need to learn how to play together which means getting different skill sets that benefit both of their styles
    That's a good point. I'm just concerned about his offensive game because we are absolutely F'd if he comes back next year in the same position that he ended the season.

Default Report: Chandler to skip Hakeem camp

The "Dream Shake" is going to have to wait.

Knicks center Tyson Chandler told reporters in London that he will not attend Hakeem Olajuwon's big man camp this summer.

Amare Stoudemire is currently [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and there was speculation that Chandler would join him after the Olympics.

But Chandler told [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that he wouldn't be attending due to "logistical issues."

Chandler has also dealt with injury issues this summer. The reigning Defensive Player of the Year [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] while working out before the Olympics.

He left Team USA's win over Tunisia midway through the fourth quarter after apparently aggravating the injury.

In his Olympic diary for ESPNNewYork.com, Chandler said that he would be "fine."

"For those of you who are worried about my left-hand injury from the Tunisia game, it's feeling better," Chandler [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. "I dislocated my finger right before Team USA training camp in Las Vegas, and it swelled up on me. I was trying to get in shape and I was playing pickup, and I dislocated it. It is what it is, but I'll be fine."
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Doesn't surprise me since he went right from the playoffs to training for the Olympics and winning the gold in London, I'm sure he wants the rest.

Always thought that he wouldn't benefit as much as Amare from the Dreams camp anyway. Amare has a better handle and a more similar game to the Dream than TC does.

Someone asked what Herb Williams does for the team, he should be working on a couple of go to post moves with TC like a short jump hook. For a coach that has been on a team so long why is it such a mystery as to what Williams does for the Knicks.

hes in Tanzania working with unicef

Not surprised by the news but still disappointing. Would love for TC to add more offense to his game.

Amar'e will benefit from this time, i'm sure.

Originally Posted by rady
    @kevinlove: True story. I'd like you all to read. @tysonchandler @ESPNChrisPalmer [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nice story on Chandler and Kevin Love

sir yes sir. good story!

on another note, Chandler is skipping Hakeem's Dream camp to work with disadvantaged Tanzanian kids?
    gawd, so selfish! j/k.

if Mr. DPOY dislocated his finger @Olympics, i'd rather see him rest and be ready for pre-season with Knicks.
    A'mare can show him what he learned at camp.

We don't need both chandler AND Amare working on post moves, Amare will benefit more from the post than Chandler will. Lets not take TYson Completely out his comfort zone he's not an offensive minded player. I'd like to see Tyson try and develop a little baby midrange jumper like Kurt thomas & marcus Camby it would open up the offense alot more for us.