View Poll Results: Was it f'd up that Tyson got DPOY and still got snubbed for AD 1st team?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was f'd.

14 70.00%
  • It was not f'd.

2 10.00%
  • It was close enough between him and D12. Whatever.

1 5.00%
  • I can smell virgins from great distances.

3 15.00%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Tyson Chandler Player Performance and News thread

We're still good with Camby, but I'd definately like to see them both. Besides, Chandler is on my fantasy team and because my matchup with CA is pretty damn close I freaking need Tyson to get me some points.

Default Tyson a shooting threat??

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- After his exit meeting with the Knicks last spring, Tyson Chandler said one of his goals for the 2012-13 season was to become more of an offensive threat.

In the offseason, the Knicks arranged for him, as well as Amar'e Stoudemire, to work with Hakeem Olajuwon at the Knicks' practice facility. Chandler already had a developed outside shot, but he hardly used it.

One of those rare moments came on Monday night against the Sixers, when Chandler caught the ball at the top of the key, like he usually does to help set up the offense, but instead of making the next pass, he squared up and shot a 15-foot jumpshot. Swish.

Is that something we can expect to see more of at times? Chandler says yes.

"I've been working on it," he told ESPNNewYork.com after Wednesday's practice. "If my defender's going to lay off, I'm going to start taking that shot. I consistently knock it down in practice. Before, I just wanted to make sure we stayed in our offense and get guys touches, and get guys the ball in the right spot, but if they're going to lay off me like that, I feel like I can knock it down. Then if my guy starts running at me, then we're really in good offense."

MAV-ELOUS MEMORIES: On Friday night, Chandler and Jason Kidd face Dallas, where they won a title in 2011. But for both of them, it won't be emotional for different reasons.

Kidd: "If I was 23, yes, but I'm not 23. To see the guys and see (Mark) Cuban and those guys, it will be good to see, but they're on the other side right now. I might see some of those guys on Thursday for dinner, but come game time, my job is to try and win a ball game."

Chandler: "It's a different team than I played with, especially with Shawn Marion going down and Dirk (Nowitzki) not being there. Those might be the only two guys that were on the floor with me. So it's not the same, but Dallas will always have a special place in my heart because we won a championship together."

BENCH PRESS: The second unit has been pushing the starting five in practice, winning some of the scrimmages. The team needs that to maintain intensity and consistency during games.

"It makes it very competitive," Mike Woodson said. "The second group, some days, they've come in and had their way with the first team, and that's good. I mean, that's healthy for your team in terms of watching two teams go at it, because neither team wants to lose and it gives us an opportunity to work on things that we've put in from a coaching standpoint."

CHEMISTRY IN CHECK: Raymond Felton said that he hasn't been on a team where everyone's clicking on and off the court since his UNC days.

"Just the way we communicate with each other, the way we bond, it's amazing," he said. "Just how everybody gets along, just the chemistry that you can feel, that energy. It's kind of like when I was in college when we won (the national championship) in '05. Just to have that special energy like that again, it kind of gives me a good feeling."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just traded for Chandler in the Fantasy League based on this story.

I love that Tyson (and Kidd)'s passion for winning has not gone down since winning a championship. Having a top notch defensive center who isn't bad on offense was worth every penny.

Chandler is beginning to bring negative impact when he is on the floor. He has been rebounding at a small forward rate this season. He needs to get his **** together.

melo outrebounding tyson... oh what a world

Really beasting offensively lately..

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Really beasting offensively lately..
    Makes up for the defense I guess.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Makes up for the defense I guess.
    Yep pretty much lol

Some crazy Tyson Chandler stats to examine over his last six games, he is 32-of-36 from the floor, averaging 15.3 points, and 9.5 rebounds.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Some crazy Tyson Chandler stats to examine over his last six games, he is 32-of-36 from the floor, averaging 15.3 points, and 9.5 rebounds.
    Feed the beast? I don't know, we want Chandler's defense back, but his offense has been a pleasant surprise.

Think of when Shumpert returns, we'll have a slasher who can create shots on offense, take's pressure off Melo and adds speed and complete athleticism to our line up.

Kidd
    Shumpert
    Anthony
    Wallace
    Chandler

Lurker

Gotta love Chandler's enthusiasm. He's really taken it personally to rally the team.

I'd like to see a little more man to man defense without all the help. Unless Novak is out there it shouldn't be a need to leave your assignment to help out on the perimeter. Too often guys are sliding over to the strong side of the ball and when the ball is swung around to a player standing in the corner they are too far away to get back in time. This was part of the reason Stackhouse killed us the other day.

The rotations have been pretty bad lately. It did improve a bit last game but it hasn't been as good as in the beginning of the season.

I personally would like to see Chandler actually get off the floor and block a shot instead of just standing there with his hands up. Yeah I know he is trying to help other teammates by picking up their man on D and stay away from foul trouble by staying on the floor, but the other teams are picking up on this and he is just looking way too soft on the downlow D. We got good backups, THROW DOWN THE HAMMER ON SOMEONE !!! PLEASE

11.6 rebounds and 18 points over the last five games, the Manhandler is BACK!

Obviously, he exploded right after I traded him in fantasy... average of 43.5 FPs over the last week.