30 81.08%
  • No, he will mess it all up!

4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

3 8.11%
Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

Hybrid View

Default Would you amnesty............Amar'e?!

This is my 2 cents:

there are superstars in this league who have relationships off the court and want to play with each other but above anything else, they want to win.

If you can get lets say CP3 and D12 to commit to wanting to sign with us in 2012, would you just amnesty amare, free up his cap hold back and sign those 2?
    As much as CP3 wanted the stat/melo tandem, im sure he'll get over it in a nyc minute, when he sees he can team up with melo/d12. All this is contingent on ofcourse both NO and Orl not trading them during midseason, which im almost 100% sure they will since they dont wanna b lebroned or boshed.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Nov 01, 2012 at 22:08.

I would rather amnesty CA, that has nothing to do with his work on the court, just don't like the guy. Amare gambled, took a risk and joined the organization, Carmelo is kind of LeBron, he would certainly enjoy his own "decision time" show live on ESPN if he got chance to. I didn't want him in a Knicks jersey, so if there is anyone on the roster I want to get rid of, it's definately Carmelo.
    Last edited by Lercher; Nov 01, 2011 at 16:49.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

definitely not. and fellas we cant trash the faces of our franchise now. like it or not these guys are the ones that will lead the effort to bring us a title both WANT to be here and both WANT to bring a title here and have sort of made it their goals. so at the very least we owe them our support as fans. Media and **** aside both are top5-10 talents in the entire league so their definitely worth it.

Default More to the point

More to the point, we should not trash the two players (Amare and Melo) that wanted to come to and love NYC.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I would rather amnesty CA, that has nothing to do with his work on the court, just don't like the guy. Amare gambled, took a risk and joined the organization, Carmelo is kind of LeBron, he would certainly enjoy his own "decision time" show live on ESPN if he got chance to. I didn't want him in a Knicks jersey, so if there is anyone on the roster I want to get rid of, it's definately Carmelo.

Couldn't agree more.

What!? NO!

Your mother's going to wind up in a home, isn't she!

Terrible thread.,.. smh.. how can you even ask this question... or even think of this idea...

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Terrible thread.,.. smh.. how can you even ask this question... or even think of this idea...
    agreed....

all we need is a PG a future and court vision....and a center who can provde rebounds and block shots...then you won't even be thinking amnesty.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Amar'e came here because Phoenix didn't offer him the max. I respect Amar'e and all, but he didn't just come to the Knicks to prove himself as a leader.

As PRiNCE said, let's support them, not talk about shipping them out.

No, but I'd trade him for Dwight!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

All news and updates on Amare goes here.

Our starting PF. Use to be our franchise player averaging 25 and 8 for us at one point. Injuries, tragedies occurred that set Amare back a ton, now he's very poor defensively, setting picks, and rebounding...jumpshot and scoring also regressed.

This off-season news and rumors are telling Amare is working hard to upgrade his game and live up to his contract.

Questions goes:

Can Amare stay healthy during the 82 game season?
    Can Amare play with Melo and assert himself in the offense?
    Can Amare regain his reliable mid range jumpshot he lost the past season?
    Can Amare atleast play average defense this season?
    Can Amare take pressure off of Melo and become a go to guy?
    Do you believe in Amare as a starting PF for our team?
    Last edited by metrocard; Oct 28, 2012 at 18:26. Reason: Ask Me Next Time.

The only thing that set him back was bringing Evil Guy Melo here. That's the tragedy.

The guy always sucked on defense, so it's not good that we have two Star players now that refuse to play defense.

His jumpshot will be back, I think he's had some time now to realize that he will have to hit those shots, he's a jump shooter now because the guy has been squeezed out like a pimple. Now his brain is realizing that he will have to get his from some range. That's as much asserting as he will be doing, he will assert with his jumpshot.

I believe in Amar'e as a 6th man for our team, but now I am not sure who we can start at the 4 because we traded everyone for Felton. Still, I like the idea of Amar'e heading the second unit. I think he's a guy that needs his own unit and some room to drop buckets, and he can't get that with Melo in there. So it's not that there is pressure on Melo because of Amar'e, it's the other way, Melo is exerting pressure on the gamestyles of other players, and Amar'e is the biggest victim of this.

He'll never play d, but he can put up decent numbers and we can expect his J to be butter.

Veteran

What becomes of Amare is a tough one to figure out. I'm not hearing much about Stat in the off season and it worries me a bit. I know last year was a tough one for him but I think he's working on his game while grounding himself and reflexing a bit on his life right now. IMO, he should be coming back strong and determined...with a hugh chip on his shoulder. Plus, he's married now, most dudes after settling down they become focused. I think he knows he will have to bring his A game this year. Woodson and the other defensive bigs will condition Stat and make him better, I doubt that he's ever had a defensive minded coach before.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    What becomes of Amare is a tough one to figure out. I'm not hearing much about Stat in the off season and it worries me a bit. I know last year was a tough one for him but I think he's working on his game while grounding himself and reflexing a bit on his life right now. IMO, he should be coming back strong and determined...with a hugh chip on his shoulder. Plus, he's married now, most dudes after settling down they become focused. I think he knows he will have to bring his A game this year. Woodson and the other defensive bigs will condition Stat and make him better, I doubt that he's ever had a defensive minded coach before.
    Amare is suppose to be working with Hakeem sometime soon during the off-season to work on his Post game.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Amare is suppose to be working with Hakeem sometime soon during the off-season to work on his Post game.
    The deal with Amare to be is him playing out of pace, he seems uncomfortable playing next to Melo, playing PF offensively and having Tyson clog up the middle.

If Amare can turn himself into more of a Chris Bosh mold and get his jumper consistent, I'd be very happy because thats where I see him excelling in the offense. Amare improving his post game, good news for us also. I never expect Amare to play defensively for us because that just isn't him, so all I hope for is a productive offensive season because he is our second option and if he's not scoring well, who's next on our scoring option? Smith? Shumpert? low FG% scorers. See, that formula to me is destined for losing.