• Even at 5-0, we can be stronger with STAT

30 81.08%
  • No, he will mess it all up!

4 10.81%
  • STAT who?

3 8.11%
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161731 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

A ruptured popiteal syst will take more than 2-3 weeks before he can return to game action....that is his calf. So a syst bursts in his calf, thats more serious than everyone thinks.

And one thing about Amare is every injury he has is actually worse than the first reports.

So I expect Amare to be out a month.

And this might be a blessing in disguise because now Copeland will def get minutes from the start of tip off. And I believe Copeland is better at defense and rebounding than Amare anyway.

Anybody see how bad we were on the boards and defense when Amare was playing? Terrible. It was so embarrassing seeing so many second chance points.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    A ruptured popiteal syst will take more than 2-3 weeks before he can return to game action....that is his calf. So a syst bursts in his calf, thats more serious than everyone thinks.

And one thing about Amare is every injury he has is actually worse than the first reports.

So I expect Amare to be out a month.

And this might be a blessing in disguise because now Copeland will def get minutes from the start of tip off. And I believe Copeland is better at defense and rebounding than Amare anyway.

Anybody see how bad we were on the boards and defense when Amare was playing? Terrible. It was so embarrassing seeing so many second chance points.
    This is starting to be a dire trend. It's unfathomable that a player with his talent can drag the team down so far on defense but we really are only as strong as our weakest link and when STAT plays this kind of terrible D we can't stand up to the elite teams in the NBA.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Was that offer confirmed? Thought that was all rumour and speculation.
    makes sense though, they dealt Iggy, Harkless, Vucevi and a pick, for a injury prone Bynum without the guarantee of an extension

I really wish we had amnestied Stat, Novaks actually a better defender then him and is more worthy of getting some minutes at PF. Chandler and Novak together gives us defense and offense, inside and outside. Then we still have Sheed, Kurt Thomas and Camby. And Melo can get some minutes at PF, Brewer as well if needed. Negative Stats the only player that doesnt fit in. I had enough of this Amare-Melo Amare-Chandler nonsense. Stat is a cancer to this team

Superstar

Josh Smith is on the trading block and Atlanta obviously isn't winning anything so maybe they'll take Stat and some filler for him. He would compliment Melo and Tyson perfectly and him and Tyson would absolutely shut down the paint.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Josh Smith is on the trading block and Atlanta obviously isn't winning anything so maybe they'll take Stat and some filler for him. He would compliment Melo and Tyson perfectly and him and Tyson would absolutely shut down the paint.
    That would be a dream come true, can't see that happening without us giving away more future picks.

****ing Jesus. It was imperative to get everyone on the same page ASAP, and now the most pivotal question mark on both ends is sidelined again.

Looks like JR gets his wish as starter and Melo slides to the 4. We all know the mismatch problems that creates. A blessing in disguise? Another Knicks curse? Whichever it is, any aspirations of heading in to the season operating at full potential are gone. This team has gone a year and a half as underachievers.

Another things is if we get off to a fast start and then STAT comes back and we force feed him thats gonna be a problem

Veteran

Amare's injury is exactly why this team is built like this now these vets have to step up. I guess signing Sheed isn't even a question now.

Better a short term injury at the end of training camp than when Lin had his injury going into the playoffs.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    ****ing Jesus. It was imperative to get everyone on the same page ASAP, and now the most pivotal question mark on both ends is sidelined again.

Looks like JR gets his wish as starter and Melo slides to the 4. We all know the mismatch problems that creates. A blessing in disguise? Another Knicks curse? Whichever it is, any aspirations of heading in to the season operating at full potential are gone. This team has gone a year and a half as underachievers.
    Possibly.

Only thing we have to our is our PG's playing SG like Kidd and Felton since I don't know if Woodson can handle Smith playing 30+ minutes.

I really like the Knicks without Amar'e... you can either have Melo or Amare...never thought both could work. Kind like Francis/Marbury or Curry/Randolph.

^ Brewer should be back for the season opener, I really hope we don't have to put our PG's in at SG... I suppose Kidd wouldn't be the end of the world and would get Prig some burn but yeah. At least we know Kidd can guard D Wade.

Superstar

ESPN had an interesting note where Amare being out may actually do him a favor.
    Reason being that he already has a bone bruise and the cyst is a relatively minor injury and it'll force him to rest his knee and fully recover instead of trying to prove himself too early.

Guess we can only hope that the injury bugs are all early on and fade as the season goes on.

Superstar

Amar'e being out will do us a favor. I can't believe how far hes fallen, I actually feel better with Copeland and a 40 year old playing over him.

If we get off to a really good start and Amare comes back and doesn't fit in, then it's officially time to trade him for expiring junk or even some spare parts.