2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyk_nyk

All Star
Amare needs to be very aware that the team is moving on without him. Should they get off to a good start, he may be asked to become a bench player. Woody seems like he prefers chemistry and consistency with his lineups. Funny how I called this extended injury time last week. You always have to think the worse when it comes to Amarknee.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Stoudemire (knee) is expected to miss at least the first six weeks of the regular season, ESPN reports.It's a tough break for Stoudemire, as it was originally thought his knee injury would keep him out only two-to-three weeks.

fender0577

Rotation player
I don't even care anymore, let's get rid of this dude.I tried to defend him, i really did, but i'm through, it's time to move on.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im not surprised one bit, i predicted all of this. I hope to never see Stat in a Knicks uniform again...

With that being said, I havent let out a load in a few days so im gonna head over to tubegalore then go back to bed for a few hours with my splooge soaking through my under shirt into my stomach skin. See yall later

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Im not surprised one bit, i predicted all of this. I hope to never see Stat in a Knicks uniform again...

With that being said, I havent let out a load in a few days so im gonna head over to tubegalore then go back to bed for a few hours with my splooge soaking through my under shirt into my stomach skin. See yall later

That+is+Just+Wrong.jpg
:teeth:

mafra

Legend
The bad news for this season began when Shumpert went down last Spring. This just reminded us NYK fans that this is the Knicks, and this is par for the course: pain. We were foolish to get excited, right?

Seriously... This isn't good news but it could be worse. Amar'e had a bone bruise on the knee, and that requires rest. This latest cist problem will get him that rest. If he misses 2 months... 25-33 percent of the season, but returns in Jan... gets sharp by Feb... in NBA form by March and then healthy and strong come May... GREAT.

It's better he misses the beg. of the season than the end.

Plus, this helps on the chemistry front b/c it keeps Camby, Cope, Thomas in the mix; gets minutes for Novak and Pablo.

This team can truly become Melo's team. Get an identity and then slide Amare & Shump in come Jan-Feb.

It's like making a deal for 2 starters at the deadline.

Now it;s up to the other guys to keep things afloat while Shump & STAT are out. We'll see how that goes. 11-17 would be terrible.

I agree with Crazy, as soon as Amar'e looks serviceable again we should deal him to the Magic or some other bottom feeder. The funny thing is we will probably need to give up some picks just so some ******* of a GM will take him.

tiger0330

Legend
It's wishful thinking you trade him. Stat is just another dismal failure of the D'Antoni era, if D'Ants wasn't the Knicks coach I doubt we would have signed him.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer

Try xhamster. They've got pics and virtual games too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
What exactly does an Insured contract mean? Would it have gave us the right to void Amare's contact if he had a major knee injury?
No you couldn't void his contract, it's guaranteed but if his injury is a career ending injury the Knicks could apply for an injury exception from the NBA get his salary off our cap space and pay him with insurance money.

TomCat

Rookie
I wonder if he's ever going to be a difference maker for this team again. Man, the last 2 years he just can't hold up.

CA7

Scoring Champ
No you couldn't void his contract, it's guaranteed but if his injury is a career ending injury the Knicks could apply for an injury exception from the NBA get his salary off our cap space and pay him with insurance money.

honestly if he needs another microfracture surgery, I think he should retire. His knees are done at that point. He'd still get his money but we could move on

We'd rid his 21mil off the cap and be at 51mil with the league cap around 60mil. so we got 9mil to work with possibly 12mil if Kidd retires like I think he will. Sign Paul Millsap long term, use the 2013 1st Round Pick on a developmental Center like Willie Cauley from Kentucky and sign Bo McCalebb as our back up PG since I personally think Pablo and Kidd will retire at the end of the year. Grab a young SF to back up Melo like Terrence Williams. Another shooter like Kyle Korver, bring back Jared Jeffries as an energy big and a young 3rd PG like Kenny Boynton probably bring back Chris Copeland

Tyson Chandler
Paul Millsap
Carmelo Anthony
Iman Shumpert
Raymond Felton

JR Smith
Marcus Camby
Steve Novak
Bo McCalebb
Terrence Williams

Jared Jeffries
Kyle Korver
Willie Cauley
Kenny Boynton
Chris Copeland

I can only dream

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

We've got the 16th pick in 13 and 14 as well, don't we? Something like that.

With all these expiring contracts heading the Knicks' way come the end of 14-15, we're gonna need some youth to rebuild this team. The Nets will still have Hopez, Williams, Brooks, Johnson and D Will under contract, alongside 2 high picks - 6th/7th over the next 2 years, I think.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
How true is this, I wonder?

?Something else is going on in his knee besides the Baker?s cyst,? said Stephen E. Blythe, a Miami surgeon who?s been practicing for more than 40 years and has experience treating pro athletes. ?It?s unusual to rest someone that long. I?d be looking at really what?s wrong with the inside of his knee that causes a Baker?s cyst, and how is that going to affect things??

The surgeon goes on to say that even if it was a ruptured popliteal cyst, which may have required a surgical procedure to clean up the inside of his knee, it wouldn?t take up to eight weeks for Stoudemire to heal.

The surgeon, also, said he believes the Knicks are withholding information.

?There?s information there that you don?t know about,? he said. ?It sounds to me like (the Knicks) are just giving some information, but not full information about what?s going in the knee. The only way you?ll know if there?s more to it than what they say is if the team or the surgeons are willing to give that info to you.?

To add fuel to the fire, another orthopedist surgeon who currently works for a championship-contending team said, ?Stoudemire?s knees, at this point in his career, are like a 70-year-old?s.?

Stoudemire is entering the third season of his five-year $100 million, which is uninsured because of his ailing knees.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/a...demires_knee_are_like_a_70_year_olds/12096274

All seems a little far fetched to me. Have to wonder what measure of truth is in there regarding the Knicks' withholding information regarding Stoudemire.

How shocked would we not be if Dolan wanted to keep the media's nose out of another of his mistakes?

Crazy⑧s;251317 said:
?Something else is going on in his knee besides the Baker?s cyst,? said Stephen E. Blythe, a Miami surgeon who?s been practicing for more than 40 years and has experience treating pro athletes. ?It?s unusual to rest someone that long. I?d be looking at really what?s wrong with the inside of his knee that causes a Baker?s cyst, and how is that going to affect things??

The surgeon goes on to say that even if it was a ruptured popliteal cyst, which may have required a surgical procedure to clean up the inside of his knee, it wouldn?t take up to eight weeks for Stoudemire to heal.

The surgeon, also, said he believes the Knicks are withholding information.

?There?s information there that you don?t know about,? he said. ?It sounds to me like (the Knicks) are just giving some information, but not full information about what?s going in the knee. The only way you?ll know if there?s more to it than what they say is if the team or the surgeons are willing to give that info to you.?

To add fuel to the fire, another orthopedist surgeon who currently works for a championship-contending team said, ?Stoudemire?s knees, at this point in his career, are like a 70-year-old?s.?

Stoudemire is entering the third season of his five-year $100 million, which is uninsured because of his ailing knees.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/a...demires_knee_are_like_a_70_year_olds/12096274

All seems a little far fetched to me. Have to wonder what measure of truth is in there regarding the Knicks' withholding information regarding Stoudemire.

How shocked would we not be if Dolan wanted to keep the media's nose out of another of his mistakes?

I knew it, the day it was posted that he had a "Bruised Knee" i said it was more to it than that.

Im not blaming Amar'e simply because he did what he had to do in the offseason in order to come back for a great season but he just got unlucky is all but to hold info back and say 6-8 weeks may just be a smoke screen for a larger injury that they dont want to title simply because it would scare fans away.

What sounds better, a ruptured cyst or a torn meniscus?

Wargames

Starter
the knicks will be ok.... If this is serious though unfortunately Amare is under contract for 3 years. The knicks would be under a lot of pressure to move him in order to keep Melo who with his 2014 Player option will be heavily recruited by teams like the Lakers who would love to make him the star post Kobe.