2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyk_nyk

All Star
Let me see if I can help you understand.

If a player is even slightly injured it makes absolutely no sense for him to play in games tht don't affect actual wins and losses that count.

Yes he would benefit from being out there w his teammates, but the truth of the matter is a few preseason games where he only plays maybe 10 minutes anyway aint gonna really help w gellin that much.

Rest and health for Amare is paramount

Really? You do know that they have video sessions to fine tune things, right?

The scrimmages they run cannot replace real games against a different team even if its preseason. This is the place to run sets and do all the other things you work on in practice. Against a team that has no idea what your game plan is. It would have been of great value to see how Amare scored against and guarded KG. Melo has looked great so far, but wouldn't it have been good to see how they performed together? There's still 4 more games and i'm sure Amare will play in the rest of them but its just frustrating when the blame for the non-chemistry was lack of preseason and training camp.

KingCharles34

All Star
Yea they'll never win a championship without Amare playing at a high level.

I agree with this. Besides Carmelo, we have different guys that will help on offense everynight but we dont really have anyone else that can consistently score 18+ a game aside from Amare. He has to do his job and if he does i think we're a 3rd round team. If he plays like prime Amare (with a little more defense), we might even be a championship team.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Yea they'll never win a championship without Amare playing at a high level.
This is a good point, Amare is the X-Factor for us to go far in the playoffs he must play up to his potential.

First thing First Amare has to make it his duty to be PREPARED come playoff time. I'm tired of watching Carmelo carry the scoring load for us in the playoff, Celtics vs Knicks (Amare injured doing dunks before game) Heat vs Knicks (Amare Injured punching fire extinguisher)

Correct me if im wrong here but i dont believe Amare and Melo even played at least 5 games together in the playoffs due to Amare always getting injured, thats not good at all.. Carmelo needs Amare's help just as much as Amare would Need Melo's Help.

For us to win a championship both our team leaders need to enter the playoffs with a chip on their shoulder and play up to their potential as well as boost up their defensive approach.

la2ny

Starter
Damn, y'all are going in on Amar'e lmao, but real talk, I thought about him being traded while he still has value. Now, if he plays like "himself" during the season, my hope will be restored but as of now, dude is a shell of himself.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Start judging him after 20 games at LEAST so you can grasp a fair analysis of how he will integrate with Woodson's system and front court.

Kiyaman

Legend
There is something about Amare Stoudemire peeps seem to forget ....
If Amare's lockerroom teammates are not on the same-page Amare is outty
wid injuries or some kind of excuse not to play.

Amare came down wid injuries a month before Phoenix traded Marbury to NY ..
Amare came down wid a season-injury when Joe-Johnson wasnt resign, and two
6.9 players were added (Diaw & Kurt Thomas) to the Suns roster ..
Amare came down wid a half-season injury during Shaq full season wid Phoenix Suns ..
Amare came down wid hit and miss injuries when Melo join the Knicks

When Woody, Kidd, and Camby get our lockerroom disciplint and on the same-page
Amare's unstoppable performance at getting consecutive wins will have fans over-looking
his water-down defense .... Amare got to the WCF three times as the Suns Center.

I know all this without being an Amare-fan...

KingCharles34

All Star

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Damn this sucks. My dude cant catch a break. Hes out for the opener which means hes out for the HOME opener a day later obviously. Sucks!

I wish he were out for the season.. We honestly play better without him.. The ball moves when its just Melo out there, We play better on the defensive end too.. we get rebounds..

Last edited: